Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

ElvUI Unit Frames

Ok so in the Latest Version of ElvUI the unit frames look like this...

But I was watching Affinitii's Live Stream and his still look like this...

So I was wondering how do I make mine Look like Affinitiis?

Thank you...

Deleted
    Not sure where, but there is an option that adds the animated background. Keep looking, it should still be there!

The main difference is that under portrait, you're going to want to enable 'overlay' mode (UnitFrames -->Player Frame --> Portrait -->Overlay). Other than that, just disable the class bar (I believe Affiniti uses WeakAuras for Chi) and play around with the textures. I'm not entirely sure which one he's using.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ffinityUI.html

You could also download that and play around with the ElvUI settings from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoulsen View Post
    Not sure where, but there is an option that adds the animated background. Keep looking, it should still be there!
    I managed to get the Portrait on the bar but it still doesnt look like that at all... Like the positioning of the Mana bar.

Not on my main comp right now so cant see exactly but go to unitframes, playerframes and powerbar (You choose it in mid right) or w/e and put overlay to X amount, if you want the portrait to be like his aswell go to portrait instead of powerbard and set overlay aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay I have got them like that now all I need to do is turn off Class Colours but I cant seem to find the option.

I believe you select it during the installation. Use the 'classic' theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalize View Post
    Okay I have got them like that now all I need to do is turn off Class Colours but I cant seem to find the option.
    To get the mana bar like that go to unitframes -> player/target -> power -> and adjust the offset.

To turn off class colors go to unitframes -> select custom color instead of class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bOOURNS View Post
    To get the mana bar like that go to unitframes -> player/target -> power -> and adjust the offset.

To turn off class colors go to unitframes -> select custom color instead of class.
    Ok I did that and I made the Health Bar black but when I loose health it goes yellow and I dont want that. and I cant find the option to stop that.

There should be an option in unitframes that colors health based on hp value. Uncheck that and it will stay the color you set throughout any hp level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the help I got what I wanted : ).

Vuhdo polished wood is the texture

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was just about to make a thread asking something about ElvIU unit frames, but might aswell post here, I have downloaded this addon, Never really used any interface changing addons, I haven't ran the instalation yet, But i hate the unit frames, i don't like how small the cast bar is either, I'm sure i saw some frames years ago now i loved, Xpearl or something lol, But can other addons work alongside this one? Hope someone can help^^

Yes, a lot of the parts of Elv can be turned on and off depending on whether you use them or not- although I'm relatively sure the Unit Frames are one of the few that must be enabled. I'm just not sure how you can say you hate them if you haven't even run the installation. The entire interface is extremely customizable and can be made to look a huge variety of ways.

As to your concern about the cast bar, that is very easy to enlarge. Unit Frames --> Player Frame --> Cast bar.
    Last edited by kiezo; 2013-02-03 at 11:00 PM.

You do not need the unit frames enabled to run ElvUI. I use ElvUI but have Stuf unit frames, Raven for buffs/debuffs and gnosis for castbars.(only reason why I use gnosis for my castbars is because I like having my target cast a different color from my own cast color.) about a month ago I figured out the right lua edit for Elv unit frames to match how I have my Stuf ones, just been too lazy to fully revert back to Elv ones.

Like the above poster, you can change the size and location(via toggle anchors) of the castbar to your liking, same can be done to the unit frames.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    Vuhdo polished wood is the texture
    Any idea where you can get this texture and how to install it into ElvUI? Unless it's already there and I missed it... when checking textures I only saw 2 Blizzard ones, 2 ElvUI ones and the default Minimalist one.

Edit: Ok checking the TukUI forums I know how to install the texture, only question now is finding it ^^
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2013-02-05 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Edit: Ok checking the TukUI forums I know how to install the texture, only question now is finding it ^^
    Just download Vuhdo, go into the Images folder and copy over bar15.tga. That's supposed to be the Polished Wood texture.

Quote Originally Posted by d3v View Post
    Any idea where you can get this texture and how to install it into ElvUI? Unless it's already there and I missed it... when checking textures I only saw 2 Blizzard ones, 2 ElvUI ones and the default Minimalist one.

Download Vuhdo. Vuhdo'a bar textures are named "Bar1, Bar2, Bar3 and so on. Find the right on you need and copy that to your ElvUI media folder and add it accordingly to ElvUI's SharedMedia lua.

To make things easy do all that when wow is closed. A lot of people add in the register file line in the lua road and wonder why their newly added file doesn't work. WoW loads those things on launch so a simple reload UI will not load new files (reload only works with changing code but needs a complete relaunch to load new files)

**edit**
    Telly was quicker with telling you which texture is the right one

15+ Year Old Account
    fantastic, thank you both

I had a question, how do you set up target of target on elvui?