1. #1

    Gold Farming (MoP)

    Dailies in MoP curently are droping too much money and are spawning too fast. I've seen alot of boxxer and bot farming MoP daily mobs. Bot are harder to spot while boxxer cant be baned nor complained. I tried doing the same on my warior, its an unlimited pulling of everything then 3 shoting with aoe skill then aoe looting. I had earned 2.5-5k gold an hour with it.

    I seen one on illidan 5 man warlock boxxed spaming there aoe all over the quest area. People are already complaining cause he is taging all the mobs required to complete the daily. He never left till next day and the reports never seem to be working anymore.

    They need to nerf this daily mobs gold drops. To stop people from farming the area. They did it on catalism...they should do the same in MoP. Nerf the gold drop, Thanks

  2. #2
    Wait, what? You propose to nef the gold drops because people are botting? That's like asking to remove roads because people are speeding Report the bots.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    Dailies in MoP curently are droping too much money and are spawning too fast. I've seen alot of boxxer and bot farming MoP daily mobs. Bot are harder to spot while boxxer cant be baned nor complained. I tried doing the same on my warior, its an unlimited pulling of everything then 3 shoting with aoe skill then aoe looting. I had earned 2.5-5k gold an hour with it.

    I seen one on illidan 5 man warlock boxxed spaming there aoe all over the quest area. People are already complaining cause he is taging all the mobs required to complete the daily. He never left till next day and the reports never seem to be working anymore.

    They need to nerf this daily mobs gold drops. To stop people from farming the area. They did it on catalism...they should do the same in MoP. Nerf the gold drop, Thanks
    No! What they need is to hire some people to focus 110% on getting rid of all those stupid bots and gold sellers !
    I dont know how to. I just want to
    Main(s): Enha sham and Hunter. Alts: Mage / Every other class, all are 90 (Used for professions only)

  4. #4
    Titan Nerraw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    11,146
    Get someone from the opposite faction to camp him for a while until his bot breaks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

  5. #5
    You can't aoe pull "everything" - they evade.

    Plus, dungeons and raids section?

  6. #6
    My example are dailies but it does happen on dungeons. Like example the monkey farming that trade chat has been spamming for fast levels and gold. Thats not intended and people are using it for there own personal gain. Yes, you can pull everything on dailies and dungeons unless there boss then they will reset or close the door so you can go anywhere. They dont evade. Evade happens when it glitch or the mob is gonna reset cause you went too far or other reasons.

  7. #7
    you are getting gold its good instead of like old wow content

  8. #8
    It is not good since gold farming is not part of the game. Same reason why they keep on hunting gold farmers. You cant just stay on one spot and kill stuff for one day none stop. Thats not how games are played. We have auction house, traiding, quest and dailies. Gold drops are just consulation and not a goal.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    It is not good since gold farming is not part of the game.
    Yes it is. Who are you to say how someone should play?
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral Bladeface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Alaska. Cold as shit.
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    It is not good since gold farming is not part of the game. Same reason why they keep on hunting gold farmers. You cant just stay on one spot and kill stuff for one day none stop. Thats not how games are played. We have auction house, traiding, quest and dailies. Gold drops are just consulation and not a goal.
    ummmm are you retarded? farming has ALWAYS been a part of every mmo and grinding mobs is the most basic form of it.

    and you may not realize it but literally every gold that has ever been in the game economy has come from gold drops, vendoring items, and quest rewards. if nobody farmed gold there would be no gold.
    Last edited by Bladeface; 2013-02-03 at 12:23 AM.
    My armory: Sheogorath
    My channel: Shirgadirth I do gameplay/commentary. Two of my videos have over 12k views now
    Elder Scrolls Online Dungeon Walkthrough!
    My most viewed video!
    My second most viewed video!

  11. #11
    Grinding rep but not grinding gold. If it where they why do they make it illegal? remember they once did a mass hunt and ban on gold farmers a few years ago. Cause its not part of the game. So your saying they baned all those people and showed it in the news for fun? no reason? lol

  12. #12
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    Grinding rep but not grinding gold. If it where they why do they make it illegal? remember they once did a mass hunt and ban on gold farmers a few years ago. Cause its not part of the game. So your saying they baned all those people and showed it in the news for fun? no reason? lol
    I believe you are thinking of botters, ie people that use exploits and software to gather gold/mats for them while they're doing something else, using such exploits or third party software is not allowed by blizzard for obvious reasons and thus people get banned for using it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||HD6970/HD6950 crossfire|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||3x 1tb Western Digital HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    Grinding rep but not grinding gold. If it where they why do they make it illegal? remember they once did a mass hunt and ban on gold farmers a few years ago. Cause its not part of the game. So your saying they baned all those people and showed it in the news for fun? no reason? lol
    Grinding rep, gold, matts, mounts, collectors items, pets etc etc is allowed, grinding them, and proceeding to sell them for real life cash, that is what's not allowed.
    And before proceeding to ridicule another poster, you might wish to tone down on the amount of stupid you spout.

  14. #14
    Havent farmed a single bit in this exp.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    It is not good since gold farming is not part of the game. Same reason why they keep on hunting gold farmers. You cant just stay on one spot and kill stuff for one day none stop. Thats not how games are played. We have auction house, traiding, quest and dailies. Gold drops are just consulation and not a goal.
    Yes, you can. You just can't have a script doing it for you. They have titles for spending days killing things, its called the Insane.

  16. #16
    Thats rep grinding and not gold farming. Theres a big difference cause this people farming dungeons and dailies dont get rep nor exp. They do it for gold and no other reason. Why I know? Caused I asked them myself and they replied. One example was that 5m warlock boxxer in server illidan farming gold in one specific area in a golden lotus daily. Stops people from completing the daily cause he is tagging every mob in that very small location and the only place where you can complete the daily....for the sake of his gold gains.

  17. #17
    Dreadlord Godavari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Colchester
    Posts
    871
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomia View Post
    Thats rep grinding and not gold farming. Theres a big difference cause this people farming dungeons and dailies dont get rep nor exp. They do it for gold and no other reason. Why I know? Caused I asked them myself and they replied. One example was that 5m warlock boxxer in server illidan farming gold in one specific area in a golden lotus daily. Stops people from completing the daily cause he is tagging every mob in that very small location and the only place where you can complete the daily....for the sake of his gold gains.
    so you dont work IRL? coz whats the point of life in gathering money by working when you should be working for the sake of working and not getting money

  18. #18
    Tomia, everyone but you gets the point, which is: Farming of any kind is perfectly legit to do. You may not agree because that might not be your play style but farming is one of several ways to earn gold. Whether it's farming gold from new or old dungeons, farming for items to sell on the auction house, or just farming on your farm while farming rep!
    I see your point of view though. Someone logged on for hours upon hours in the same high traffic spot should raise eyebrows. Because chances are they are exploiting the game using a program with an unfair advantage. Which, as someone has mentioned and I'm sure you know the best thing to do is report them since they are dumb. Heck, you can even bump it up a step and submit a ticket for a GM to investigate.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Get someone from the opposite faction to camp him for a while until his bot breaks.
    You'd be a masochist if you play alliance on Illidan.

  20. #20
    Thats my point. Also I doubt you can ask that many alliance to help you kill a 5m Boxer in a horde realm like illidan.

    The guy taged all the daily mobs making people unable to finish the golden lotus daily. The reports does nothing cause he can easily reply "Oh Im doing the daily myself". Its basicaly a win=win situation for that guy while pissing off many players on that day. He never left so we decided to just do the daily next day hoping he is gone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •