Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Well it's a patch but basically the same thing. Another 10% bandaid right on top of hunters, again. Unless this is an error of some sorts.

This thread is still pretty relevant

they claim it's not a fix, only a tooltip fix. which would mean a hotfix is inc or they just like to laugh at us

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    they claim it's not a fix, only a tooltip fix. which would mean a hotfix is inc or they just like to laugh at us
    It's probably an error on mmo-champion's part.

It states hotfix AND BUFFS. Since it's never been 25% we can assume it's a slight error on Holinka and MMO-Champion for listening to him.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...19464266584064
    Last edited by Tehstool; 2013-04-12 at 05:12 AM.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

I know this thread is a bit old now but still Hunters trending mid tier hotfixes goes back a long long way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    It states hotfix AND BUFFS. Since it's never been 25% we can assume it's a slight error on Holinka and MMO-Champion for listening to him.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...19464266584064
    No need for a tool tip hotfix if the buff is meant for the next patch.

My guess is that it will be hot fixed in prior to 5.3. I hope..

https://twitter.com/tehstool/status/322577784335654912

I tweeted him, hopefully he can shine some light on the subject.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

My attack power unbuffed and without hawk is 36,032. 10% is 3,600 (roughly), meaning 15% is ~5400 attack power. With hawk, it's 41,436, which is in line with my napkin mathed 15%. So, unless my hawk is broken, this is not a tooltip fix.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will 10% more range attack power be enough to keep up with other pure classes, I dont know if it be enough

just checked on ptr and its not 25%, its still 15.

Quote Originally Posted by yakuz View Post
    just checked on ptr and its not 25%, its still 15.
    Is the build in?

oh, sorry i have 16825 build now. so need to wait for new (16837) update to check that. ;p

warlocks are so much better than hunters it's ridiculous. we can do the same trick as rogues on jin'rokh and get stooooooomped

Deleted
    The same trick?

The issue with where hunters stadn atm is this, because we are middle to lower end o the pack, with ZERO raid utility other than our sub par dps, we are replaced by a class who can eitehr bring another raid cooldown, OR, a class that just flat out outdps'es us by anywhere from 3-5% more overall damage on an encounter, that number is just picked outta air just as a n example. By some of the reasonings here i could say, OH YEA well i top damage on every LFR im in so hunters are ok, yea its dumb and we arent.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I play hunter because my heroic progression guild needed a hunter. I played spriest for 6 years before that, so I can't really give any credence to the "omg hunters are sooooooo bad" argument considering it was once a design philosophy to only bring my class for Replenishment and Vampiric Embrace. It's called perspective, and I think every hunter on these boards needs to main something else at some point just to keep it. Jesus your whole post was way too doomsday-y to even address properly, even with your caveat.
    I dunno. I understand what you're saying. The thought about Ret Paladins and their crit bonus debuff, and Spriests with replenishment actually crossed my mind while reading through this thread. But still, when I'm in a raid I get enjoyment from downing bosses while simultaneously tearing up the meters. Sure, if I'm "slumming it" in an LFR I'm going to be playing with people that I can simply out-play. But, it really sucks when you just can't keep up with someone of another class and similar gear when you're going all out with other skilled players (and hunter dps is hardly the least active playstyle, if you're trying to pull high dps you're going to be hitting a decent amount of stuff), especially when dps is pretty much what you play for in this kind of scenario. Paired with the lack of multi-dotting/cleaves (in addition to any highly lucrative utility) it can be pretty lame.

Sure we're dps whores, but I don't think I have to tell you how being competitive in this regard is a large part of the fun for people who heavily main these types of classes. I think this is exacerbated by the currently active nature of hunter dps (which I actually love), it makes it a bit more frustrating when you're hitting all these buttons and keeping an eye out for CDs and prioritization to only be pulling "alright" results.
    Last edited by RabidHexley; 2013-04-12 at 11:20 AM.

I definitely can't keep up with our lock in comparable gear, and if our mage gets a good combustion, good night. Our rogue now has caught up on his weapons and is smoking me (but I still have a 504 gun). I guess it's a matter of individual achievement versus team achievement. We down heroic bosses, but someone's gotta bring up the rear on the meters.......and that's our feral druid, ba dum ching.

Would I like to do more damage? Sure. Especially when I feel like I'm gimping a group by not playing an OP class. But I never feel like any boss is unkillable because we're using me (as a hunter) as opposed to X other class of same skill/gear. Of course, not competing for world firsts, but outside of that first week, the class comps become a lot less important.

But still... the biggest issue is why 10% buff in 5.3? Why did they wait so long? This is something that happens literally every single tier.

What in da fuck guys ...i remember when we have been left for 6+ months without a single buff when we clearly need one. i remeber when blizz used to change how aspect of viper every patch....i remember when steady shot used to resets auto shot time ..I DO REMEMBER ! ;P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolipopp View Post
    i remember when steady shot used to resets auto shot time ..I DO REMEMBER ! ;P
    Aimed shot was messing auto shot, not steady. Steady "only" delayed auto. Well, as far as I remember.

But I remember equipping blue caster ring bought from Warsong q-master and yelling in hunter chat - OMG, guys, my AS went from 189 to 195 damage, it SCALES!!!!!