Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ril-gania View Post
    our unrstricted mobility makes up for our lacking dps. in a standstill fight, we haven't got a chance to top the meters when mages, owls and whatnot are around. only when mobility is added we're in a sweet spot. i really hope they won't change it anymore, but balance us with that in mind. i don't know about 5.2 bosses, but at the moment, there're plenty of movement intensive (herioc) bosses. i finally feel useful, and our arcane mage's tears are delicious (he always complains about movement hrhrhr)
    Blizz Designer One: (yearly staff meeting ensues) In our internal testing, we've discovered non-Huntards, lol, there I go again, ahem "non-Hunters", are dead/resing/CRing etc etc 99.9 percent of the time during boss encounters. Since only hunters are left in these situations, they must dps, tank, and heal the other hunta.. er hunters. Therefore, quomo sum eratum, they shouldn't do as much dps as other class. Since you know, they can key-bind "strafe left" to Q or something.

Blizz Designer Two: (first day on the job, hesitant to brooch the subject, but sees an opening to make an impression) Boss, I've... played a hunter; surv and MM in raids and BM in WSG and an occasional AB. I personally don't recall the scenario you describe.

Blizz Designer One: Hmm, really? Good thing we have some real life experience on the hunter design team now... we'll have to look into that, and get back to you at the next yearly meeting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gudder View Post
    Here is something that is constantly neglected: why add new pets and new spirit beasts without expanding the current stable slots. Cmon now, it took years for the first expand do we really need to wait that many more?
    We get 50 slots, up from 20, in 5.3 for a total of 55 pets.

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/2...otes-april-15/
    what? that 10% additional AP to AotH wasn't a datamining error? woot? nice?!?!

This thread only serves to remind me of how badly Blizzard has f&cked Hunters over the last 2 expansions. Honestly, sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this game anymore.

But still... the biggest issue is why 10% buff in 5.3? Why did they wait so long? This is something that happens literally every single tier.
    Well it's a patch but basically the same thing. Another 10% bandaid right on top of hunters, again. Unless this is an error of some sorts.
    I know necroing is against the rules, but so is repeating the same ol' shit. This thread is so god damn relevant it's sad. God I love these devs. I think it's to safe to say we are no longer seeing the start of a trend and it now officially is "the trend".
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2014-01-07 at 01:36 AM.

Even as a former mod of this forum, I have to say this is the thread I instantly thought of to bump when I read about the new hotfixes. It's a pretty ridiculous issue at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Even as a former mod of this forum, I have to say this is the thread I instantly thought of to bump when I read about the new hotfixes. It's a pretty ridiculous issue at this point.
    Yup. Some of us post the math and outright tell Blizzard during the PTR process where we are and where we will be. They never fucking listen and is a reason why I haven't been active on the official boards as often.

Every single tier we get told "we like where Hunters are at" only to slip behind into mediocrity or outright obscurity midway through the tier. Nevermind that there was evidence and math given to them that shows our downwards trends.

Celestalon talks about "lack of scaling" being an argument killer but for Hunters, it's absolutely true. We simply don't fucking scale. Our secondary values are atrocious so they keep having to bandaid Hawk to bring us up to par. I don't know why they simply won't look at our secondary stat scaling which is the real issue. We get near nothing on secondaries compared to other classes and specs and our primary scaling is mediocre at best.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2014-01-07 at 04:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Every time I post something (I think is) useful on the official forums, it's instantly drowned out by the idiots, both in the thread, and by other threads made by them. We brought up sooooo many issues in the beta which weren't addressed, but they were buried under huge piles of shit.

Ah well.

This has been happening to hunters since the removal of armor pen in the Cataclysm pre-patch.

Fortunately, I main switched to a class that is pretty consistently great (rogue).

Is that where you've been? Haven't seen you posting in the hunter forums since probably 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    This has been happening to hunters since the removal of armor pen in the Cataclysm pre-patch.

Fortunately, I main switched to a class that is pretty consistently great (rogue).
    I'm pretty sure the start was togc if I remember right

Quote Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
    I'm pretty sure the start was togc if I remember right
    Technically yes, however the Focus system exacerbated things. Being both cooldown AND primary resource restricted, we end up losing a lot of the value of Haste that other classes get. Crit is already a terrible stat due to how expensive it is, unless you have a Crit trigger like Hot Streak or Enrage, and our Mastery gives us fuck all value for point that I have no idea why they haven't touched. And it's not like we have amazing Agility scaling. It's mediocre at best relative to everyone else.

I really don't understand what Blizzard is doing with us. Some of us have been mapping out the exact concerns in Hunter gameplay, our damage, and our stat values but they've completely ignored us. They just decide to flat buff us to the top to start a tier then watch as we nosedive 2 months later due to the concerns brought up to them months, or even years at this point, in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Technically yes, however the Focus system exacerbated things. Being both cooldown AND primary resource restricted, we end up losing a lot of the value of Haste that other classes get. Crit is already a terrible stat due to how expensive it is, unless you have a Crit trigger like Hot Streak or Enrage, and our Mastery gives us fuck all value for point that I have no idea why they haven't touched. And it's not like we have amazing Agility scaling. It's mediocre at best relative to everyone else.

I really don't understand what Blizzard is doing with us. Some of us have been mapping out the exact concerns in Hunter gameplay, our damage, and our stat values but they've completely ignored us. They just decide to flat buff us to the top to start a tier then watch as we nosedive 2 months later due to the concerns brought up to them months, or even years at this point, in advance.
    I stopped trying in the Cata beta honestly. The only time I post on the forums is rarely during ptr testing. Basically here was how hunters were buffed over this expansion:

5.1 - Serpent sting 100% [mid tier]
    5.2 - 5% attack power to aspect of the hawk
    5.3 - 10% attack power to aspect of the hawk [mid tier]
    5.4.2 (~4 months after 5.4) - 10% attack power to aspect of the hawk [mid tier]

This doesn't even go into things like stampede, arcane shot, dmg % increase not applying to pets, etc.
    Last edited by Libertarian; 2014-01-07 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sadest part of all this will be the PvP players complaining that Hunters are already OP and now the buff ontop.
    We all knew this was coming unfortunately, it was just a matter of time till Blizz gave us a piece of candy and told us to "shutup and go sit in your corners, you will be fine now, and the next xpac." =(

Deleted
    Granted I have no idea of how blues answer to questions - I mean, every time I see mmo-champion's homepage I'm like "wow they must be some great players to have the debs reply!" - how is it even possible they never answered the question asked in this thread? I mean, the facts are quite obvious now.

History repeating itself time and time again I really hope they address our secondary stat scaling issues in 6.0.

I'm not complaining about the latest hotfix, but it's a worrying sign that they're always behind on us.

do hunters cry or laugh at this thread 11 months later? good thing their internal math says we'll be fine, whoops. I feel so dirty on my lock loving mastery with how shitty it is on my hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Danshot View Post
    do hunters cry or laugh at this thread 11 months later? good thing their internal math says we'll be fine, whoops. I feel so dirty on my lock loving mastery with how shitty it is on my hunter
    Mostly cry. We desperately need buffs for all progress raids ever since DS. All we ever got was bandaids after progress was completed.

Regarding secondary stats, I honestly don't mind what stat we use. My only concern is scaling. If agi scaled better than it does now then that would solve most of the issues hunters have with scaling.
    Last edited by Raicky; 2014-01-07 at 10:07 AM.

Tbh this whole trend started with TBC beta back then.
    I still remember hunters steam rolling in pvp at the end of vanilla (hunters even some other classes on the beta forums telling people that hunters would even out in the first raid tier but they where a tad op during leveling) but tears where flowing so blizzard toned them down so they ended up going in to the first tier pretty medicore. End of the expac they ended up pretty much bottom barrel (pretty much only surv being desired for bringing exposed weakness)

Wrath same happened start of exspac during leveling and start of the first tier hunters being in front, people moan, hunters get toned down rest gets gear, hunters end up medicore bottom barrel near the end of the expac (only think hunters kept competitive was going mm and armor pen I believe?)

cata same thing happened I remember being surv and completely blowing people out of the water during the start of the expac, then people moan we get nerfed others start to accumulate gear and we fall behind at the end of the exspac.

Maybe its me but I always felt that our class simply scales to much and to fast during the start of the exspac or a new raid tier.
    The initial scaling seems way to fast while the other classes need some more rampup time gear wise.
    So hunters peak/hit a ceiling early and then flatline scaling wise.

or at least it feels that way to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    they nerfed it to where BW only breaks CC on the pet doesn't make them immune anymore. 8 years with that ability and PvP QQers get something thats been in since launch changed
    Since launch you say?You may mean since BC but oh no no not launch.