Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesis003 View Post
    they nerfed it to where BW only breaks CC on the pet doesn't make them immune anymore. 8 years with that ability and PvP QQers get something thats been in since launch changed
    Oh, I thought you meant there was a nerf in addition to that. That change was old news for me. Didn't know that was what you were referencing.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

they nerfed it to where BW only breaks CC on the pet doesn't make them immune anymore. 8 years with that ability and PvP QQers get something thats been in since launch changed
    I am sick to death of people saying "WE HAD THIS SINCE VANILLA NOW CHANGE OMGOMGOMGOMOGMCRYCRYCYRQQQQQQ". The game has changed a lot since vanilla. In vanilla being immune to CC for the duration of BW wasn't really a problem. In the current era where CC and burst damage is such an important asset of PvP being immune to CC for the duration of your burst (with arguably the most powerful burst in the game) is a huge problem and anyone saying otherwise is plain stupid.

I'm being completely serious. If you though the MoP Launch version of BM was fine in PvP then you are actually not very smart at all and probably won't ever be good enough to reach a point in which your opinion becomes valid. This is why theorycrafters you find on places like Elitist Jerks are so renown, because they are very smart people who know what they are talking about in a number of different aspects.

But we never had such massive burst, even in Wrath where BM had Readiness for a short duration until it was nerfed, KC didn't exist in its current form, it was just a small CD for your pet every 30 seconds that you macroed to all shots.

10 secs of CC immunity for you and your pet with Silencing Shot, Intimidate, Scatter Shot and Trap available to you. Along with Readiness that resets them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I am sick to death of people saying "WE HAD THIS SINCE VANILLA NOW CHANGE OMGOMGOMGOMOGMCRYCRYCYRQQQQQQ". The game has changed a lot since vanilla. In vanilla being immune to CC for the duration of BW wasn't really a problem. In the current era where CC and burst damage is such an important asset of PvP being immune to CC for the duration of your burst (with arguably the most powerful burst in the game) is a huge problem and anyone saying otherwise is plain stupid.

I'm being completely serious. If you though the MoP Launch version of BM was fine in PvP then you are actually not very smart at all and probably won't ever be good enough to reach a point in which your opinion becomes valid. This is why theorycrafters you find on places like Elitist Jerks are so renown, because they are very smart people who know what they are talking about in a number of different aspects.
    BM was BUGGED at the start of MOP which is what the major problem with the burst was. There is more then just a small difference in the stampede doing 125% pet damage each and 25%. The problem was not that 1 pet was immune to CC it as that 4 additional pets were doing more damage then the main pet. You talk about not knowing what was going on and then you post your ignorance, good job there slick. Lynx Rush was also too much burst but that also had NOTHING to do with BW making pets immune to CC as it hit so hard so fast that you couldn't cast a legit CC before it was over. BW was not the problem it was just a build up of QQ. Now if BW still made the hunter immune to all CC like it did years ago you might have a point, but it only applies to the pet, which as BM is 50-60% of the damage so even a simple snare cripples a hunters output which was the whole reason it was immune to CC.

If you think i have ever said hunters were "fine" then you really really are one stupid person.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 11:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    But we never had such massive burst, even in Wrath where BM had Readiness for a short duration until it was nerfed, KC didn't exist in its current form, it was just a small CD for your pet every 30 seconds that you macroed to all shots.

10 secs of CC immunity for you and your pet with Silencing Shot, Intimidate, Scatter Shot and Trap available to you. Along with Readiness that resets them all.
    the CC immunity has not been applied to the hunter for a long time.... damn people do not even know what the skill does now... You play a hunter and you think that BW makes the hunter immune to all CC... just wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Megazorrd View Post
    Heroic Anub'arak
    I actually don't remember that, but I do remember hunters having to drop stupid frosts though. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    I actually don't remember that, but I do remember hunters having to drop stupid frosts though. :P
    You probably never did heroic then because hunters did not drop frost. Almost every single group had a DK pull them down to the back side of the boss and they were killed there. No hunter was solely assigned to dropping frost in heroic.

We were assigned to certain adds to misdirect to the tank though.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    But yeah, upping Survival's single target by about 3% (since it's AoE is pretty damn good,) Marks by 5-6%, and Beast's AoE a bit would put the class in better shape going into the next patch.
    Keep in mind that affliction locks will be severely nerfed in 5.2 and arcane mages can't keep up if movement is involved.
    I personally like where we are now and it seems that we'll still be fine in 5.2, especially after nerfs to other classes. Although I'd like to see BM's single-target DPS nerfed just a bit, so that I could play the spec I actually like (SV) and not something that I have to.

Quote Originally Posted by SolTheDruid View Post
    Keep in mind that affliction locks will be severely nerfed in 5.2 and arcane mages can't keep up if movement is involved.
    I personally like where we are now and it seems that we'll still be fine in 5.2, especially after nerfs to other classes. Although I'd like to see BM's single-target DPS nerfed just a bit, so that I could play the spec I actually like (SV) and not something that I have to.
    sorry dude you are dumb... BM is middle of the pack and you want it nerfed...

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2013-02-04 at 02:20 PM.

Deleted
    It's not middle. It's top 7 spec currently, and it's def going to be staying there for a while.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    It seems to me that hunters scaling is always off, so they have to re-scale them manually. Ugh.
    Old Gods made me do it.

Deleted
    5.3 will bring some changes...hopefully...else 6.0 it is o_o

Let's face it Hunters are completely screwed right now and everyone is delusional to it.

Survival is borderline unplayable and from what I hear Marksman is in even worse shape! The only good class right now is BM! How the hell is it that in Cata I was topping DPS charts as Survival and now it's so low that if it weren't for the healers I literally would be dead last on the Damage charts? I'm seriously starting to question why my hunter is my main.

Quote Originally Posted by SolTheDruid View Post
    The buffs I asked for there weren't anything outlandish though. Especially a few tweaks for Marks to get it back to where there's a reason to pick it up. Marks isn't really BAD, there's just no reason to play it. Better AoE than Beast but weaker single target. Better single target than Surv but weaker AoE. All while using a different reforge priority. It's just easier to dual spec Beast/Surv, use the same reforges, and float between encounters.

Giving Marks a slight buff to be competitive with Beast's single target while also increasing Beast's AoE to be more on the level of Marks would at least let Marks be a valid alternative without causing a mass respec over to Marks. Increasing the damage of Steady, Aimed, and Chimera by 10% would be a decent start and our PvP Marksman brethren would enjoy the slight damage boost as well, while Beast Cleave would simply have its damage % increased a tad.

Survival would still have its niche of the superior AoE spec and the only spec with multitarget potential, while having respectable single target to boot.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-02-04 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I may be having a mental blank, but as far as I remember all of the Hunter changes from 5.0 until now have been quality of life changes. Serpent sting got a tiny buff but it was only a very small DPS increase.
    I think calling 100% buff a "tiny buff" is a little bit of... understatement? That could translate for 5% buff for BM/MM and around 10% for SV, not to mention the focus cost reduction allowed SV multi-dotting being efficient

Also the Aspect of the Fox removal and allowing us to cast Steady, Cobra and Barrage on the move is also a DPS increase no matter how good you were at DPSing on the move.

5% additional AP from Aspect of the (Iron)Hawk is not a QoL change either, it sound like a straightforward DPS increase, too (roughly 5%)

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 01:54 PM ----------

The only thing the [Aspect] change actually did was allow us 15% more AP on our Cobras/Steadies on the move. Our instant casts were still being fired in Aspect of the (Iron)Hawk.
    Excuse my ignorance but how did you actually macro it now when aspects are back on GCD? Did you lose 2 GCD everytime you changed to Fox? Or was there a trick/exploit I was not aware of that circumvented aspects being on GCD?

Quote Originally Posted by Grandore View Post
    Let's face it Hunters are completely screwed right now and everyone is delusional to it.

Survival is borderline unplayable and from what I hear Marksman is in even worse shape! The only good class right now is BM! How the hell is it that in Cata I was topping DPS charts as Survival and now it's so low that if it weren't for the healers I literally would be dead last on the Damage charts? I'm seriously starting to question why my hunter is my main.
    Are you sure you play it the right way? I mean, I've seen a 502 hunter one day pulling 80k DPS on normal protectors - and he used his numbers as a proof of hunters being completely screwed. Just sayin'.

Giving Marks a slight buff to be competitive with Beast's single target while also increasing Beast's AoE to be more on the level of Marks would at least let Marks be a valid alternative without causing a mass respec over to Marks. Increasing the damage of Steady, Aimed, and Chimera by 10% would be a decent start and our PvP Marksman brethren would enjoy the slight damage boost as well, while Beast Cleave would simply have its damage % increased a tad.
    Well, I didn't try MM, so can't really say much about it. IMO, it doesn't offer anything special to consider playing it. BM has great burst, SV has great AOE and MM has... low numbers and nothing else. So, even if Blizz will buff it to BM's level, there's still no reason to play it, unless you really like the spec itself.

I wish they gave MM some kind of cleave. This way we'd have a great combination of specs, each of which was good for particular encounters - SV for AOE, BM for single target, MM for cleave fights. IMO, that's better than having 3 specs equal in everything and definitely better than having a FOTM spec each patch.

It's not middle. It's top 7 spec currently, and it's def going to be staying there for a while.
    11 dps specs for raids

7th per your number

puts it below middle.

*1 This is top
    *5.5 This is middle!
    *7 This is below middle...

Your right hunters arent middle... they are actually below middle... lulz
    Just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by jax View Post
    11 dps specs for raids

7th per your number

puts it below middle.

*1 This is top
    *5.5 This is middle!
    *7 This is below middle...

Your right hunters arent middle... they are actually below middle... lulz
    Just sayin...
    There's more than 11 mate....

Mage = 3
    Warlock = 3
    Hunter = 3
    Warrior = 2
    Death Knight = 2
    Monk = 1
    Paladin = 1
    Shaman = 2
    Druid = 2
    Rogue = 3
    Priest =1

Pretty sure that all adds up to 23..........Just sayin......

If it's in the top 7 specs then that means there are still 16 specs behind it...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfriedegg View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but how did you actually macro it now when aspects are back on GCD? Did you lose 2 GCD everytime you changed to Fox? Or was there a trick/exploit I was not aware of that circumvented aspects being on GCD?
    Aspects are not on the GCD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsh View Post
    Aspects are not on the GCD.
    They have been in the past, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesujin View Post
    There's more than 11 mate....

Mage = 3
    Warlock = 3
    Hunter = 3
    Warrior = 2
    Death Knight = 2
    Monk = 1
    Paladin = 1
    Shaman = 2
    Druid = 2
    Rogue = 3
    Priest =1

Pretty sure that all adds up to 23..........Just sayin......

If it's in the top 7 specs then that means there are still 16 specs behind it...
    There are 11 classes and each class has a best spec, hence the numbering from 1-11. He was using the best specs as a gauge, not all the specs. Which makes more sense to me.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart