Could this work as a gaming Laptop?

Hiya!

I'm a complete blorp when it comes to computers specs and what they can do and such, but I really love games. Now, I travel ALOT so I need my gaming PC to be easy to transport. The past 8 years I've been gaming on laptops, the first an HP (which I came to regret) and my current being an Acer Aspire. I've come to really LOVE Acer. I'm still using this 4 year old model and it still runs new releases - if atleast on lowest settings with tolerable lag. But it's time to upgrade.

I need someone with some PC experience, preferably with laptop experience aswell, who can tell me if this laptop would be ideal for modern games on moderate or higher settings:

ACER ASPIRE V3-771G-73638G50MAII

Processor:
    Processor: Intel Core i7
    Processor Number: 3632QM
    Processor Core: Quad Core
    Clock Speed: 2200 MHz
    Turbo Frequency: 3200 MHz

Memory:
    Internal RAM: 8 GB
    Memory type: SO-DIMM DDR3-1600
    RAM expandable: No.
    Up to RAM memory: 8 GB (8192 MB)
    Memory Locks total: 2
    Memory layout: 2x4 GB

Graphics cards:
    Video Card Family: NVIDIA GeForce
    Type of card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710M
    Memory: 1024 MB

- If there's anything else I should provide, let me know (As said, I'm not quite computer smart enough to know about this stuff hence why I'm asking =) )

Thanks in advance!
    - Kasperio.
    Enough with bashing eachother, guys.. This community is still young and needs to grow up and show that not everyone are jerks. We're gamers and we enjoy games, don't bash eachother over what games they like or their oppinions, but don't let them bash others either. We need to come together and stand up, as a community, and help eachother out by being respectful and understanding. Please.

The CPU is fine, but the GPU isn't very good even being a GeForce 7... (It's a rebranded Low-end Fermi GPU).

How much is this laptop? Where are you located? I found the cheapest ASUS G75 from TigerDirect to be a good build if you are in the USA. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...410&CatId=3998

If you want to stick with ACER just use the ASUS as a comparison point.
    “In order to make apple pie from scratch, you must first make the Universe.” Carl Sagan