Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

MoP I am disappoint ( NEGATIVE OPINIONS)

Ok let me just start off by saying I'm a huge warcraft fan have been since warcraft 2. I am not a picky gamer I took every expansion as it is and just had fun. I enjoyed everything warcraft even cataclysm but MoP......MoP is just a pile of crap it really is I am not trying to offend anyone but the fact that people are willing to pay 15 a month for what WoW has become is pathetic. I will outline what it is about this expansion that I hate so much.

-The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes. It seems as though they put no effort in this xpac.

-The talent system is so sad and basic it's not even funny I used to feel as if I were playing with lego blocks now its mega blocks. Everything is so basic it's not the same WoW im used to where I sat down and figured out good talent combinations unlike majority of players I didn't surf the web for the most viable spec

-The story is not epic in the slightest I am not fighting a demon hunter, I am not fighting a lich king, I am not fighting an ancient dragon I am fighting a faction leader.......and the worst part is I actually thought garrosh was awesome and loved how they developed him you saw him grow and now hes gone all apeshit /golfclap. I don't get it I really don't if I remember correctly he scolded a horde soldier for bombing a village saying how it was not the honorable way and now ********* SPOILERS************ he makes an atom bomb and drops it on an alliance base....thought he was against this kind of tactic???? this is just dumb

-Character graphics being so old. Seriously I play this game for one thing and one thing only MY CHARACTER and I want him to be awesome looking I want to be able to walk around without a helmet. I think its so silly blizz keeps coming up with the excuse o we don't want people to miss those old polygons that look like complete crap give me a break and give us new models already I'm sorry but they make more than enough cash to incorporate this.

It just seems like they marketed this expansion for children and tried to make a quick buck and don't be like but it has mature themes!!!! please bambi had mature themes most kid shows do. I mean come on they spent time on pet battles!?!?!!? which is so boring they could have implemented ogres as a race for horde instead of a lazy shared race or again gave us newer models anyways that's my 2 cents any other warcraft fan feel the same? Anyways if you have fun with the game by all means have fun just saying the game to me has fallen off the map for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am the exact opposite. I say screw the big bad guy at the end. Let's explore and learn about this new land.

Also as others have noted EXPANSION. Not World of Warcraft 2.
    Last edited by Thulvaso; 2012-09-28 at 09:20 PM.

Not sure if serious....

Don't post spam posts
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2012-09-28 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    I think you're a complete retard who can't tell the difference of an expansion and a new game. An expansion is not supposed to be game breaking in changes. MoP has the most endgame content, most new features, and most beautiful looking zones than the game has ever had.

I think you're a minority who no one gives a crap about. I hope you quit the game and give us others less queues. This is by far the best expansion to date ranked the same as TBC for me, and it has the potential to become even better.

Flaming isn't tolerated here

I'm sorry but none of that sounds serious or even factional.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

People like you are deluded and seriously do not grasp the talent system vs the old one.

I was actually quite skeptic about the storyline, but questing through all the zones it's much better than expected.

And I agree to some extent that perhaps a few physics changes would be awesome, but until that day this will suffice.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? Its World of Warcraft. Of course its going to be like all the other expansions. They have already said they are working on the updated character models. Do you want them to rush them so they look like crap?
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

10+ Year Old Account
    uh, are we playing the same game here or am I seeing something completely different than you? Nothing new at all? I think kung fu panda and pokemon want to say hi

Thanks to Scythen for the sig

10+ Year Old Account
    lol this is so flamebait it's not even funny... anyway as usual, if you don't like the game, cancel sub

Quote Originally Posted by Agent View Post
    -The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes. It seems as though they put no effort in this xpac.
    And in what expansion did they drastically change the overall design of the game? That was rhetorical FYI. If you don't like how pretty much all MMO's work then stop playing them.

-The talent system is so sad and basic it's not even funny I used to feel as if I were playing with lego blocks now its mega blocks. Everything is so basic it's not the same WoW im used to where I sat down and figured out good talent combinations unlike majority of players I didn't surf the web for the most viable spec
    I'm torn here myself. At first glance, I like stat points, and I don't like the seemingly dumbed down skill choices. However, in practice, there has never been much actual choice. I like the feeling of getting a stat point every level, but when it comes down to it, there will always be mathematically superior builds and everyone will use those. This system does actually give us more choice, but at the expense of clicking a new talent every level.

You say you didn't look up optimal builds. Ok, but anyone who was half way decent at the game did, and if you were using a sub-par spec you were simply not as effective as others playing your same class. If you were a part of a guild who was doing any raiding or competitive PvP you likely would not have even been allowed to use your sub-optimal spec. You were an edge case, not the majority.

-The story is not epic in the slightest I am not fighting a demon hunter, I am not fighting a lich king, I am not fighting an ancient dragon I am fighting a faction leader.......and the worst part is I actually thought garrosh was awesome and loved how they developed him you saw him grow and now hes gone all apeshit /golfclap. I don't get it I really don't if I remember correctly he scolded a horde soldier for bombing a village saying how it was not the honorable way and now ********* SPOILERS************ he makes an atom bomb and drops it on an alliance base....thought he was against this kind of tactic???? this is just dumb
    I'm not that far into the xpac so I can't comment on this. I already feel that the story is better than cata however, and I love the Ally v Horde theme. This is only the first patch, you don't even know the full story yet.

-Character graphics being so old. Seriously I play this game for one thing and one thing only MY CHARACTER and I want him to be awesome looking I want to be able to walk around without a helmet. I think its so silly blizz keeps coming up with the excuse o we don't want people to miss those old polygons that look like complete crap give me a break and give us new models already I'm sorry but they make more than enough cash to incorporate this.
    It would be nice to have a graphical revamp, I agree. I don't want it at the expense of playing cata for six more months however. The graphics don't bother me.

It just seems like they marketed this expansion for children and tried to make a quick buck and don't be like but it has mature themes!!!! please bambi had mature themes most kid shows do. I mean come on they spent time on pet battles!?!?!!? which is so boring they could have implemented ogres as a race for horde instead of a lazy shared race or again gave us newer models anyways that's my 2 cents any other warcraft fan feel the same? Anyways if you have fun with the game by all means have fun just saying the game to me has fallen off the map for good.
    And this is where I call BS on your whole rant. I can't imagine you have even played the game if you're still repeating the same old "pandas and pokemon, kids game, blah blah blah". It's just nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish you would give more than 1 valid point, and graphics are not that bad anymore, so it's a mostly deluded valid point now.

I love how you say "The same old crap nothing is different it's just the same thing they didn't even try and make some innovated changes." and then 2 sentences later "Everything is so basic it's not the same WoW im used to"

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok let me just start off by saying I'm a huge warcraft fan have been since warcraft 2. I am not a picky gamer I took every expansion as it is and just had fun. I enjoyed everything warcraft even cataclysm but MoP......MoP is just a pile of crap it really is I am not trying to offend anyone but the fact that people are willing to pay 15 a month for what WoW has become is pathetic. I will outline what it is about this expansion that I hate so much.

Pet Battle System isn't innovative? What about the tiered cooking skills? New quest mechanics, like the 4-person story walkthrough?

I fail to see how the old talent system wasn't "mega blocks". Everyone had the exact same spec. You didn't deviate from it at all. Now you get to choose. Some abilities are more useful in certain situations and can be swapped out on the fly. That's pretty neat and useful.

Your opinion. Mine differs. I like it quite a bit

I do wish they updated humans and a few other races, yes

I feel the people that think this is for "children only" are the ones that aren't mature. Pet Battles isn't any more of a kid thing than it is an adult thing; it's just a feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it I really don't if I remember correctly he scolded a horde soldier for bombing a village saying how it was not the honorable way and now ********* SPOILERS************ he makes an atom bomb and drops it on an alliance base....thought he was against this kind of tactic???? this is just dumb
    There's a difference between dropping a bomb on a small outpost full of young, innocent druids and dropping a bomb on an alliance base.
    Dropping bombs isn't even against his ''kind of tactic'', he's just against slaughtering the innocent.

You'll probably shove this off as laziness on Blizzard's part, but I'm gonna say it anyway.
    Making completely new models with new bone structures and animations takes a lot of time, and considering they have to do this for every race up to Worgen/Goblins, means it's gonna take a while.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

Deleted
    1. It's probably the most innovative expansion thus far
    2. The old talent system was pointless because EVERYBODY chose the same
    3. Garrosh was never a good character, he was destined to die since Wrath

I personally think NASCAR is a pile of crap and can't believe people pay good money to watch people drive 500 miles in an oval, but obviously there's a good amount of people that like it. You can't please everyone and everything will have positive and negative things about it.

There's a lot of new things in this expansion, such as scenarios, challenge modes, pokemon (lol) and for questing, the storytelling through the different zones. There's also a lot of things that Cataclysm started that they're trying to expand on, such as cross-realm stuff, the Real ID grouping, raid finder, etc.

There's nothing stopping you from sitting down and figuring that out now. The only difference is that all the no-brainer choices are gone, since there was no chance someone wouldn't take the talent, and if they did, they were hurting themselves too much. As a whole, you really only had about six or seven choices with the old system (if you were lucky), so they just built the rest into the specs. Saves a lot of time. And if you were one of the very few players that figured out specs on your own, you would be rejected from any smart progression raiding guild. That's fine if you're a solo player or really don't care too much about whether you kill bosses or not, but with Blizzard trying to make raiding more accessible for everyone, they also made it easier for new raiders to focus their characters on things to help them become more versatile instead of just 1% damage increases. All of these new talents change the way you play your characters. Very few of the old talents did.

First of all, I think it's pretty obvious that you're not fighting a faction leader as the main villain of the expansion. Even though Garrosh is who you beat at the end (maybe not the "end?"), that doesn't necessarily mean that Garrosh is the one pulling the strings or ultimately responsible for having such anger management issues. All you have to do is quest a bit on MoP and you will realize who the true enemies of this xpac are, or at least how those manifestations affect the characters in the world. OMG storytelling. What you said about it not making sense why he would go from someone scolding a soldier about how to be more honorable into someone who orders Hiroshima on Theramore, you don't think there's a reason for that? Think about it for a while and get back to us.

At the worst, I'm willing to give Blizzard some time to see how the story develops through the different raids and patches ahead. But I'm not naive enough to think that Garrosh is the main bad guy of the xpac.

They said they're working on updating the character models. Why would you waste time complaining about something they said they're working on fixing? Or are you just complaining for the sake of complaining?

You're likely correct that they marketed the game to younger people, but WoW has always had more mature themes. They're probably saying to these kids "Ok children, you liked pokemon and kung fu panda but you're a little older now and ready for something more mature? Well do we have a product for you!"

And ogres as a horde race? Bleh, such a terrible idea.
    Last edited by Karazee; 2012-09-28 at 09:39 PM.
    Humans are the only species on the planet smart enough to be this stupid.

I honestly thing the OP is trolling here. They're just taking the main issues with MoP from about 6 months ago and putting them together.

I'm not sure if they've actually played in the expansion as all the "issues" are theoretical rather than from actual experience.

Don't feed the trolls people.....

This is hilarious, in the negative opinions thread there are 15 posts and only the OP is the negative one. Lol

OP dear, everything is subjective. You expected some shit that was never supposed to be delivered, like some kind of another game with Crysis 17 graphics, completely new mechanics and whatnot. It's just an expansion that improves upon what's been there, and the definition of improvement comes from the developers. They say "we believe that the new talent system is an improvement". If you don't like it, well, it's time to move on, since the vast majority enjoys the new talent system, otherwise there would have been a cryout a la ME3 and they would have put the stupid trees back

There is only one solution for those that don't like the direction a game goes: quit. Cancel the subscription and say there why you are doing it. If millions are doing this, they will actually take measures and "fix it". Since their in-game metrics shows them that people are happy, the people are actively choosing different talents now, not the same "build", they will not change a thing

And about the graphics, it's funny because I see a lot of people complaining about the poor subscription, which is like 13 euros or so, but then I see those people demanding "better graphics" as if most people are willing to spend 500+ euros for a video card

Short, sweet and simple. If you do not like the changes that badly, then don't play the game. No is forcing any of what you complain about on you, but you. Either play and enjoy the new material, or don't and drop it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet when Expansion 5 (lets call it Twisting Nethers) hits the place... you'll be saying ... brabrabra... MoP was Ok, but Twisting Nethers is the worst... they didnt even add 1Class and 1Race like last expansion... worst expansion ever...

AND they didnt change it a bit... Its still an RPG... yeah the implemented Race-Simulation is nice but where are the promised First-Person-Shooter Elements?

I like those threads, I enjoy the poor argumentation - makes me feel superclever... no, ultraclever!
    well the usual answers...
    What the Hades you expected?!... Its an Expansion not a new game (it has changed significantly considering that).

Well the talent system is kinda lame... I agree... but Im not enjoying it because til Wotlk you got something neat (a skillpoint) every level... now there are void levels... with nothing added to your repertoire... lame... but that was already ruined in Cata... now they just cut the talenttrees into gimmicks... pff fine by me...

Story has been butchered in WoW ever since... an MMORPG cant tell a story properly in my opinion...

and... graphics... I actually never ever cared about that point that I have no arguments for or against it... for me its such a trivial thing, its comicstyle needs no update in my opinion...

man wasting my time... probably already closed...

Not put effort into this expansion? Are you joking? This is probably the expansion where they put the most effort in, you really are blind and should just quit wow if you dislike it so much instead of whining and trying convincing yourself that it's bad because it's not.