Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Honestly, shitty as it is, Warcraft is.... Humans and Orcs. Everyone else is a secondary support role. It's pretty damn frustrating.

At least I have Mishka to remind me that Draenei still exist.
    tbh i think the main reason draenei havent been used recently is that blizzard wanted to wait until people had forgotten how big of a mistake they were. draenei had a huge backlash from lore fans because of them being retcons
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Metzen or who ever it was at blizzcon said Sylvanas was gonna get some love prior to SoO.

As it hasn't happened yet, just have to wait and see.

Worgen probably wont see anything since they had cata (as did goblins), blood elves hadnt had anything since TBC, thats why they got a revisit in 5.1.

With Magni still being incased in diamond I assume blizz has some plan to either free him, or have his next male heir take over, which is Moira's son. Which is actually something Magni wouldnt ever allow, he isn't fond of the idea of a Dark Iron on the throne of Ironforge. Kinda why the council was set up, so a Dark Iron (which Moira is now the Queen of) couldn't rule alone.
    The whole reason the council was set up so that Moira could prove herself to her people and eventually become sole ruler.

Ot

I hope the other races get some spotlight in the next patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    tbh i think the main reason draenei havent been used recently is that blizzard wanted to wait until people had forgotten how big of a mistake they were. draenei had a huge backlash from lore fans because of them being retcons
    I really don't get why people make such a big deal about it. It's far from the only retcon to ever happen and it was like 1 sentence from the WC3 manual. I'm not sure why people make such a big deal about it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dethlyhallows View Post
    I mean they are a part of the Horde/Alliance and yet have been pushed aside. I would of thought that at least the forsaken and dwarf would get a litle sympath and join in, but not even that. It is also sad that Velen isn't even taking a part of the fight. When are the worgen to match strength with the mogu? where are the gnomes in the story, at all?!

I love Blizzard's story telling, but it gets annoying that the same (dominant) races always come first or "shine brighter" than the rest of the racial leaders. I mean the Humans and the Orcs are nonstop (which is alright since wow is based off of HumansVSOrcs) BUT when are we ever going to see conflict involving the racial leaders left aside? Better yet. When are we EVER going to see any Alliance leaders other than Varian get any spotlight? The horde has its ups and downs but it works, the alliance has yet to see anything about the gnome leader, the worgens or even the damn draeneis! The blood elves are geting a ton of shit and draenei are getting shit (lol.).

If I am missing something please tell me, but MOP has been the greatest for me but its always going to have that little spot missing the other ALLIANCE leaders actually doing something other than just being there.
    Wotlk was a lot about the Forsaken. But I have a feeling a lot of things are gonna happen up to and beyond the Siege of Orgrimmar.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 12:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    People complain about everything new to this game. The Draenei were almost completely new to the Warcraft universe, the newest of the new. Logic dictates that they as the newest and most strange thing, get the most hate, if I'm any good judge of the WoW community at large.

I've had these concerns for more story in game for some time now. Scenarios and the 5.1 quest chains are leading in the right direction but ultimately I feel they'll never reach that peak of a persistent, rich story driven game. It would be too much effort on their part lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    To me gnomes are only in the story at all just to fill a race slot. Velen plays a bigger role in the books so far then he does in game.
    Considering the Gnomes are practially the firebase for the Alliance Military, Shoving them off to one side seems stupid.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    After seeing some of the mentioned races take parts in SoO, I do hope Draenei gets some love soon. Looks like Worgens will progress their story soon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Locked thread!

There is no need to revive an old thread like this. It'll serve a discussion and the community better to form a new with refreshed opinions and feedback.

Have a good morning, good day, good afternoon, good evening and good night - Hope I hit all the timezones for you guys!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..