Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Theories of Mop Legendary progression.

So we know what 5.2 has to offer, a legendary meta gem and 1 more socket to our sha touched weapon. This raises the question that I am sure has some significance, will 5.3 OR the Siege of Orgrimmar offer the actual proc and the transformation from purp to orange? Most if not all legendaries have had their entire "building phase" put into a single patch, and usually required tons of gathering or lucky drops or a single instance/tier to assemble.

It feels already that the sockets barely compete with the 522 weapons and higher that will be coming out, also to mention thunderforged etc etc, now we are left wondering how the last chapter of this legendary quest will pan out.

From what I can tell, and this is entirely speculation but with general "blizz would probably do that," added for flavor:
    We'll start off the instance by having to gather 20-40 of some sha/elemental/corrupted essences from Garrosh's forces for either another socket or a proc added to the weapon. Presumably the earlier since we get a meta gem in tier 15, but of course its variable.

Followed by the final part which may be the actual "upgrade to legendary" involving killing BLANK, getting BLANK's HEART or something as obvious and recieving the item by turning in our sha-touched for the actual clean orange. This could also prove to be a twist and have Wrathion turn against us and recieve some just flavor reward, but that's speculation that I'd save for when were on the ptr for last patch of this expac later this year.

Thoughts?
    "The ocean is a scary place. It's full of water and stuff."

5.2 has nothing to do with the 5.0 Sha-touched weapon

the socket came out with 5.1 or are they anding a second regular socket?
    Last edited by Tuskcat; 2013-02-02 at 07:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandaemic View Post
    “Oh, do a daily? Just do a daily? Why don’t I strap on my daily helmet and squeeze down into a daily cannon and fire off into daily land, where quests grow on little dailies?!”

There actually a good chance that their wont be any weapon at the end of this chain. The first one was a gem, second a socket, and third is a meta gem. In the end we could end up with almost anything.

Sha-touched weapons HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH 5.2 LEGENDARIES. STOP ASSUMING IT DOES.
    Please. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Sha-touched weapons HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH 5.2 LEGENDARIES. STOP ASSUMING IT DOES.
    Please. Thank you.
    I hate to disagree...
    http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=94904

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    5.2 has nothing to do with the 5.0 Sha-touched weapon
    It has quite a bit to do with it, in this tier, we recieve another socket to the Sha-Touched weapon and a meta gem for a 502+ helm with a 324 stat buff and a proc with a yet to be named ability to go with said proc.

Quote Originally Posted by Asacado View Post
    I hate to disagree...
    Did you not read the first comment on that page?

To spell it out; the 5.2 rewards are meta gems. What you linked is a redundant item, like several other legendary items that have been in the files since 5.0.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 07:08 AM ----------

It has quite a bit to do with it, in this tier, we recieve another socket to the Sha-Touched weapon and a meta gem for a 502+ helm with a 324 stat buff and a proc with a yet to be named ability to go with said proc.
    Except it isn't. The item you linked isn't going to be used. Just like http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=93365 was never used.

Blizzard have explicitly said that there are no new Sha-Touched weapons or Sha-Touched weapon bonuses in 5.2. The 5.2 reward is the legendary meta gem and only the legendary meta gem.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-02-02 at 07:10 AM.

I hate to disagree...

PTR is PTR. PTR also listed the Sha-touched weapons as having hydraulic sockets. That item will put a legendary-only meta socket to helmets.

I hate to disagree...

There were also a legendary head enchant in the files. That item has nothing to do with how it is currently.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    PTR is PTR. PTR also listed the Sha-touched weapons as having hydraulic sockets. That item will put a legendary-only meta socket to helmets.
    We don't know for sure that it'll require another socket, yet. Unless I've missed something, that is.

I think I failed to also mention the abrupt cliffhanger that was mentioned via http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=95433#comments

It could be anything at the end really. It will likely be something quite great too considering you will have had to have completed every previous stage (everything we're doing now) to get to it.

While smaller parts may become obsolete along the way, such as the gems will be next tier, I can't help but think there is a nice reward waiting for those who have progressed the entire quest line through the entire expansion.

This is the first time I can recall any sort of expansion long based progression concept, spanning all tiers. I have no idea what's at the end of the rainbow but I'm pretty excited to find out.

The sha touched weapons will not continue to improve in 5.2, in 5.3 they will upgrade to full legendary status however with the Breath of the Black Prince.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    The sha touched weapons will not continue to improve in 5.2, in 5.3 they will upgrade to full legendary status however with the Breath of the Black Prince.
    Stop spreading misinformation like this. There is absolutely no reason to think that the Breath of the Black Prince item wasn't iterative and just got left in the patch files as junk, like many items were. It was one of their many ideas for how 5.0 legendaries would work, and it just never came to be.

Could it? Maybe, but Blizzard hasn't decided yet. In the meantime, the idea should be considered scrapped because that's exactly what happened to it.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-02-02 at 07:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    This begs the question why they didn't give any love to them this coming tier. Throwing a meta gem out is very random for all the effort and gathering required this tier for minimal reward. I'm not assuming the legendary quest line for 5.2 is finished, but there's quite a bit of gathering for this gem, we also don't know what the proc spell is as far as I am aware.

Thank you for pointing out http://www.wowhead.com/item=87212
    It seems thrown away at this point too.

This begs the question why they didn't give any love to them this coming tier. Throwing a meta gem out is very random for all the effort and gathering required this tier for minimal reward. I'm not assuming the legendary quest line for 5.2 is finished, but there's quite a bit of gathering for this gem, we also don't know what the proc spell is as far as I am aware.

Thank you for pointing out http://www.wowhead.com/item=87212
    It seems thrown away at this point too.
    The proc is probably a significant damage increase. I'd be entirely unsurprised if it was significantly better than a +500 stat boost. Legendaries have always been like that, the procs are the powerful part.
    Last edited by Eats Compost; 2013-02-02 at 07:33 AM.

A lightning imbued Polearm for monks and druids.
    Why? After imbueing the thunder lance thing in 5.2 with the storm lords power its not used/seen again the rest of the patch.
    It could of course be used in a different expansion, who knows?
    Also I think I remember blizzard saying at first the legendary would be for everyone, then at the end would be more selective. Sha touched gem and meta are all for everyone, polearm for 2 classes is pretty selective.
    Last edited by Ignicus; 2013-02-02 at 07:40 AM.

My assumption:

5.3: Minor upgrade to helm / Prismatic socket
    5.4: Trinket

Quote Originally Posted by Ignicus View Post
    A lightning imbued Polearm for monks and druids.
    Why? After imbueing the thunder lance thing in 5.2 with the storm lords power its not used/seen again the rest of the patch.
    It could of course be used in a different expansion, who knows?
    Also I think I remember blizzard saying at first the legendary would be for everyone, then at the end would be more selective. Sha touched gem and meta are all for everyone, polearm for 2 classes is pretty selective.
    It wouldn't fail to amaze me if the polearm/staff would be aimed at the new class of the expansion. It would be very lackluster to think that monks would get no love this expansion. Granted I play a monk as a main and am biased to it. Still it makes perfect sense as the flavor quest item is a polearm and could very well be given to us. Although icons for legendaries were data mined, so we have no clue. I doubt they'd send every class on a legendary quest from level 90 just to have 1-2 classes benefit at the end.

im expecting too see atleast sha touched weapons returning in the Siege of Orgrimmar (or w/e they gonna call it).
    5.1 showed that garrosh wants too harnass the power of the sha, so it would be weird if they wouldnt introduce sha touched weapons in that raid.