Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by felhunter View Post
    im expecting too see atleast sha touched weapons returning in the Siege of Orgrimmar (or w/e they gonna call it).
    5.1 showed that garrosh wants too harnass the power of the sha, so it would be weird if they wouldnt introduce sha touched weapons in that raid.
    With all the money sinks, I wouldn't doubt they'd make you buy the gem/chants all over again.
    "The ocean is a scary place. It's full of water and stuff."

Would be more fun if the crown would add a (sha-touched) meta socket to the weapon, and upgrade its itemlevel to the new ilvls. Could reduce the amount of weapons that would need to drop in the new raid as well.

Would be Cool, but on the other side i hate Guns. So if they would make an exception to the mog rules then it would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    Would be Cool, but on the other side i hate Guns. So if they would make an exception to the mog rules then it would be perfect.
    Guns, Bows and Crossbows can all be transmogged into one another unless you're referring to a Legendary Gun.

Thing is, since everyone it's on the legendary quest, they can't simply hand a piece of gear out of it, specially not a weapon. It must be either an upgrade of an object that drops from the raid, or a gem/enchant. If it's an upgrade of a weapon/item, you introduce a different reward for lfr/normal/heroic, which they have refrained to do so far.

Since we already have "add a socket", legendary gem and legendary metagem, only a legendary weapon enchant is left. Which will be the same as being a legendary weapon, but restricting a bit its use making a weapon drop from the raid required. I can't see another possibility. As a bonus, if the weapon its sha-touched, you end up using all the questline rewards at the same time, which will be nice for people (for example, me) that haven't seen his mainspec weapon drop in no difficulty. I doubt they would add a final stage where you have to get the sha-touched weapons from 5.0. It's enough of a downside to not have used the 2 gems in the tier, to add a "go farm again 5.0" as a requirement for 5.4.
    Last edited by Espada; 2013-02-02 at 07:18 PM.

I think it will be cool if sha touched weapons to be upgraded to (or required to get) legendary weapons and have a heroic and normal version of it.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by Ignicus View Post
    A lightning imbued Polearm for monks and druids.
    Why? After imbueing the thunder lance thing in 5.2 with the storm lords power its not used/seen again the rest of the patch.
    It could of course be used in a different expansion, who knows?
    Also I think I remember blizzard saying at first the legendary would be for everyone, then at the end would be more selective. Sha touched gem and meta are all for everyone, polearm for 2 classes is pretty selective.
    It's gone too far at this point to do that. *If* blizzard ever stated that (source please) then it has been far from clear, even if it was their intention to only give a full legendary to 2 classes they would not be able to do that now. Every class has been progressing the chain on the basis that everyone can finish it - I'm sure many would be enraged to find that with no warning their journey ended and only 2 classes could continue.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhaktor View Post
    It's gone too far at this point to do that. *If* blizzard ever stated that (source please) then it has been far from clear, even if it was their intention to only give a full legendary to 2 classes they would not be able to do that now. Every class has been progressing the chain on the basis that everyone can finish it - I'm sure many would be enraged to find that with no warning their journey ended and only 2 classes could continue.
    I think the theory is that the Wrathion questline would end with everyone getting a legendary gem/enchant/socket/we and then a whole new legendary questline would be available for selected classes.

Im guessing that the end of the chain will be something like "Wrathion will imbue your weapon with is awesomeness making it legendary" which will basically just change the color of the weapon, give it a few more ilvls and add a cool proc to it. If this does happen I hope they let legendaries transmog, or use a bow b/c guns are not for me. I think they might do this if everyone has the chance to get a legendary, most likely it would be a legendary to legendary only transmog following all the other rules.

Blue post confirmed there will be no new sha-touched weapons in 5.2. The early datamines were just placeholders.

So in 5.2 there is a chance you will be replacing it with a better weapon.

Since we're making predictions - I'll throw mine in.

5.0/5.1
    We have a sha-touched weapon. With it came special sockets for special gems.

Earlier in the expansion, we recovered three relics of the Thunder King. If you read the flavor text, you'll see that the two weapons are obtainable. I think it's safe to assume the helmet is as well.

We have seen TWO special helmets - the crown of flames, and frosty skull faced crown.

My theory is that every armor class is getting a special helmet that will contain a particular socket for this meta gem.

SPOILERS AHEAD

THEORY CRAFT - here's a direct quote from wowpedia on the Sha -> However, Y'shaarj's "last, terrible breath" cursed Pandaria with the shadowy aspects of the fallen Old God, the sha. For reasons unknown, the sha lay dormant within Pandaria for many thousands of years.

Remember - it was the last panda Emperor's "emotions" that fueled the sha which existed since the Titans slew Y'shaarj. BUT - why weren't the Sha present before hand? Surely during the reign of the Mogu Emperor's there was despair, anger, violence, etc. So what kept them at bay?

The Thunder King.

With his three mighty relics (axe, spear, and helm) he had the power to suppress the Sha whether he knew it or not. The Sha only really come into the picture once the Mogu empire is defeated and the Pandaren's rose to power.

My theory is that Wrathion has uncovered something that teaches him about this and he sets about mimicking the process. We already have one weapon, and now we are going to be powering up a helmet as well. It's only logical to assume that Wrathion is having us follow in the Thunder King's footsteps.

The only reason he has mentioned this or his findings is because he knows that the Thunder King still needs to be deposed and so he sets about grooming Lei Shen's successor in keeping the Sha back.

But the Thunder King had been dead for hundreds of years before the Sha returned!
    And they didn't go away when he came back either.

The Sha feed off of rampant negative emotions. Wrathion describes the Mogu as being simple minded in general, with only a few exceptional Mogu, such as Lei Shin, rising up above their brethren...the Einsteins of their race if you will. The Mogu were built to serve the Titans, not to think on their own. It is highly possible that they simply like the emotional instability required to empower the Sha, and that the other races weren't numerous enough to sustain them physically.

The uprising against the Mogu happened, and after it, relative peace for the principal races of Pandaria. As the population grew, the Sha would obviously make their presence known over time. But it was the Emperor and his Hozen friend who developed a means to manifest the purest forms of the Sha that the real threat was known. He defeated them, and buried them beneath the earth. Temples to the Celestials were built on top of these sites to keep them safe. The only inhabitants who were near enough to these locations were essentially warrior monks following in the last Emperors footsteps, struggling to find balance and to over come their negative emotions.

Eventually the society as a whole learned to control their raging emotions, find balance, and live generally happy and fulfilled lives. It was only the arrival of the Horde and the Alliance, and all the emotional turmoil the races comprising them have, that awoken the Sha.

BTW, there were 7 heads to the old god, but only 6 Shas. Sha of Pride, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor View Post
    Sha of Pride, anyone?
    I'm calling it now: After fighting Garrosh we learn he is corrupted by the Sha of Pride and after defeating this Sha, he admits his weakness and willingly hands off Warchief to Lor'themar Theron. It is likely that he will exile himself to learn under Thrall.
    Last edited by Nodus Cursorius; 2013-03-18 at 11:19 AM.

I hope the sha touched weapons don't come back in any way, I'd hate hate having to listen to a legendary gun for months and months and months.

I think it will have something to do with the datamined helms effects.
    Sun Crown
    Helm of Eternal Winter
    Helm of Hungering Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I hope the sha touched weapons don't come back in any way, I'd hate hate having to listen to a legendary gun for months and months and months.
    They probably wont since we are done with sha