Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not completely sure where this 'bro' code thing and the line is drawn. Is this a new method of young guys not wanting to be labeled as gay or bi?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to point out that it's extremely common for people when asked if it was alright to date their ex, will say yes because they don't want to be seen in poor light even if it does bother them.

You will create a rift in their friendship, that's almost guaranteed. I don't see any further purpose in this thread. There have been many insightful answers to the question, and now it's really just a matter of how defensive the OP can get or how many ways can people condemn a social culture that is more common across all boards than apparently anyone wants to admit.
    Last edited by Uennie; 2013-02-03 at 02:36 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixxy View Post
    Alternatively, what if he is just a sensible fellow who understands their relationship is over, moves on, and is happy to see two people he cares or cared about in a relationship. Or is that your definition of being a wuss?
    Don't be naive. A break-up is a break-up because things didn't work out, not because how good 2 folks got along each other. Besides, this has nothing to do with moving on. Seeing your ex with your best / good friend after such a short time SCREAMS for problems. Even if it's not intentional, it just looks bad and kind of like a pay-back " fucking with your best friends to get even " kinda thing. ( even if it's not the case )
    A good approach would be to talk it out, see if this won't bring up any unwanted tension between the parties involved. Laying low for a while is also good ( aka try to keep it private, not in everyone's face )
    It mostly has to do with human psychology....it feels almost like a betrayal.... one of your closest to step over "enemy lines" and linger with the said enemy. ( sorta)

Quote Originally Posted by Liagala View Post
    Um... you just did. Two lines above this one, when you said:
    Pshht, your ruining the moment xD..... though I was not talking about the situation itself, but about that mutual respect between guys. For guys, material presents and gifts are just a minor bonus, it's the facts and acts that makes us respect our friends or, the contrary, spit on them in disgust.
    Last edited by mmoc30581c569a; 2013-02-03 at 02:51 AM.