Poll: Would you watch E-Sports if they were on TV?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

E-sports on Television. Would you watch it?

If there was an E-Sports channel equivalent to ESPN would you watch it? What games would you like to see? And what kinds of shows might be interesting enough to draw in non-gamers?

If there were an E-sports channel on television, it would be the only thing on my television ever.... well except when I'm playing my own video games. My personal favorite E-sport is Starcraft 2, but I also think League of Legends and Call of Duty would do well too. For programs other than live games, I think stuff like Day[9]'s Funday Monday would be fairly entertaining.

Most e-sports are games I have never played so when I watch them while I get the gist of what's happening I don't quite understand everything. I usually watch for 5 minutes then go do something else.

Deleted
    No, I don't follow E-sports and I certainly would not want it on my TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy88 View Post
    Most e-sports are games I have never played so when I watch them while I get the gist of what's happening I don't quite understand everything. I usually watch for 5 minutes then go do something else.
    That's me with physical sports

10+ Year Old Account
    Not likely, no.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Yes I would, I already watch all LoL tournaments using the TV as a second screen. I like having stuff on in the background,.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends, I would not watch a Sports game, a FPS, and RTS or MOBA game. But I might actually watch Forza if it were presented as an E-Sport. Out of each of these examples, I think Forza trumps them all in skill requirement. Between Physical Upgrades to the car, Tuning, track knowledge, timing and situational awareness, i think Forza beats all the other genres.

This is my opinion, not claiming fact.

No, and I watch E-sports. I don't really watch TV much as having things on set times is just inconvenient. I can watch it online as VOD whenever with any esport, why on TV as well? So people can complain about it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to watch the GSL later at my friend's house on his TV. But it happened last night.

Deleted
    Nop, I don't like to watch either sports or e-sports. If I ever watch some sort of competition its not because of what sport/game it is, its because who is involved. And I don't really watch tv at all, I wanna watch things when I want and don't have to record/time things to watch it, it feels outdated. With other words I will stick with youtube shows and torrent series.

Depends on which game. But even than, I'd very rarely watch it. I've never really been an e-sport fan anyway

Just put it on ESPN 8. Probably gets as many viewers as they other pseudo-sports on there.

Deleted
    No i would not i just dont find it entertaining and i dont like a single game thats in esports (apart from SC2 but thats only if i play it just boring to see others play)

Not with any of the current e-sports trending. Maybe if something entertaining like the old quake or tribes aired, but moba style games are about as interesting as womens basketball, and unfortunately fps games these says all seem to have that terrible ranking unlock system.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are matches on tv. But only a few time a year and on a very niche channel. When I stumble upon one I might watch it, but I never look for it specifically.

Starcraft II is fun to watch when the commentators try to describe everything that happens and get faster and faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Not with any of the current e-sports trending. Maybe if something entertaining like the old quake or tribes aired, but moba style games are about as interesting as womens basketball, and unfortunately fps games these says all seem to have that terrible ranking unlock system.
    Whats not interesting about women's basketball?

15+ Year Old Account
    Most likely yes, but as with other sports channels it really depends whats on (especially since I don´t care all that much for sports).
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

I'd never waste my time watching that lol. I'm way too busy as is.

15+ Year Old Account
    If I was already flipping through the channels and came across any form of Esport, I would watch it.

That is, of course, if zero hockey games were on.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraak View Post
    If there was an E-Sports channel equivalent to ESPN would you watch it? What games would you like to see? And what kinds of shows might be interesting enough to draw in non-gamers?

If there were an E-sports channel on television, it would be the only thing on my television ever.... well except when I'm playing my own video games. My personal favorite E-sport is Starcraft 2, but I also think League of Legends and Call of Duty would do well too. For programs other than live games, I think stuff like Day[9]'s Funday Monday would be fairly entertaining.
    No, not when I can watch it for free through streams most events have.