PTR Patch 1.0.7, Auction House Transaction Delays, Fan Creation of the Week: The Cosplay of Anna He, TryHard: Legendary Items for Barb
Patch 5.2 - Tortos Preview
Today we take a look at another one of the Patch 5.2 Throne of Thunder raid bosses, Tortos!
Name Points Category
Heroic: Tortos Defeat Tortos in Throne of Thunder on Heroic difficulty. Pandaria Raid
One-Up Defeat Tortos in Throne of Thunder on Normal or Heroic difficulty after kicking a Whirl Turtle shell through five or more other Whirl Turtles. Pandaria Raid
Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
- Call of Tortos - Tortos lets out a rumbling call, causing several smaller turtles to enter the area and attack players.
- Whirl Turtle
- Spinning Shell - The turtle chases players around the room, spinning rapidly and continuously inflicting 30,000 Physical damage to enemies within 0 yards and knocking them away.
- Shell Block - The turtle hides in his shell at low health, gaining immunity to all damage. While in this state, the turtle can be kicked across the room by players, applying Shell Concussion to any creatures it hits along the way.
- Shell Concussion - When kicked, the shell spins forward, interrupting enemies it touches and leaving them off-balance, increasing the damage they take from all sources by 15% for 30 sec.
- Furious Stone Breath - Inflicts 85,000 Nature damage to all enemies every 0.5 sec for 4.5 sec. Costs 100 Fury to cast.
- Rockfall - A lightning charged stalactite falls from the roof of the cave, inflicting 250,000 Nature damage to enemies within 5 yds. and 35,000 Nature damage to enemies within 20 yds.
- Quake Stomp - Tortos performs a massive stomp that inflicts Physical damage to all enemies equal to 100% of their maximum health and increases the frequency of Rockfalls for 9 sec.
- Snapping Bite - The turtle snaps his jaws shut around the target, inflicting 500,000 Physical damage.
- Vampiric Cave Bat -
- Drain the Weak - Drains health when attacking targets with less than 350,000 current health, inflicting 20% of weapon damage as Physical and healing the caster for 50 times the damage dealt.
- Crystal Shell - The crystal reacts when struck, encasing the attacker in a shell that absorbs all incoming damage and healing. Initially the shell will absorb up to 100,000 damage, but healing absorbed by the shell is added to this total, up to a maximum of 500,000. The shell breaks when it cannot absorb any more damage.
Patch 5.2 - Sunsong Ranch Improvements
Along with the previously mentioned Work Orders, some other changes have come to Sunsong Ranch in Patch 5.2.
Nana Mudclaw has realized she is getting on in years and is looking for someone to take over the Tiller's Union. She asks you to see if Farmer Yoon is willing to take over, which he is! This results in him giving Sunsong Ranch to you for free.
Once you own the farm, the Work Orders board will appear and allow you to begin earning rep with various factions.Farmer Yoon says: Nana Mudclaw asked ME to join the Tillers council?
Farmer Yoon says: Just think of all the knowledge I could share. Think of all the food we could grow!
Farmer Yoon says: But... I don't think I'll have time to work for the council, AND run Sunsong Ranch.
Farmer Yoon says: This farm has been in my family for generations. How can I give it up? Yet, a greater responsibility has fallen upon me.
Farmer Yoon says: There's only one solution. I have to join the council. As for the farm...
Farmer Yoon says: Chaudmmoc, I'm gifting Sunsong Ranch to you. You're in charge, now!
Farmer Yoon says: I'd better head up and talk to Nana. The farm is yours now, Chaudmmoc. I know you'll take great care of it.
Merchant Greenfield also has received some upgrades, as he now sells bags of seeds that let you plant four patches at once. Each bag costs as much as 30 seeds and has 10 charges, allowing you to plant 40 seeds. Should you already have many seeds in your bags, his new assistant Milly Greenfield will exchange 30 seeds for a bag of seeds.
The patch notes also mention that the yield from special crops has been improved to make farming them competitive with gathering these items out in the world. It isn't clear if this is active yet from limited testing, but so far the maximum number of items rewarded from the special seeds doesn't appear to be increased. The patch notes also mention that the farm will become an inn once you own it, but that doesn't appear to work yet on the PTR.
Rated Battleground Suspension Update
PTR Class and Set Bonus Issues
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
The Daily Blink - Welcome, Duncan Jones
The Daily Blink has seen the future of the legendary quest line.