10+ Year Old Account

Steam issue with a game launching

I have an issue with Neverwinter Nights 2 launching on Steam. When I click play in the Steam app it just sits on preparing to launch. But if I use one of the .exe icons in the NWN2 game folder in my steam folder it launches fine. Is there a way i can make the Steam app use this .exe file to launch it with. I set a shortcut to the exe that works fine but I like to keep my desktop relatively as icon free as I can, otherwise this is no big deal just an annoyance. Any help is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    You can click Add Game in Steam, choose add a non-steam game and find the .exe that works for you. That way it'll show up in your games list (you can change the name of it, too)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandira View Post
    You can click Add Game in Steam, choose add a non-steam game and find the .exe that works for you. That way it'll show up in your games list (you can change the name of it, too)
    Thanks for the reply. I had forgotten about doing this, but if I do will it track my play time? Not that it really matters.
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I had forgotten about doing this, but if I do will it track my play time? Not that it really matters.
    Not sure on this. Steam doesn't track time on non-steam games, but im not on whether your game would be classified as a steam game or not ( I don't think so personally, but not sure )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mitbrandir View Post
    Not sure on this. Steam doesn't track time on non-steam games, but im not on whether your game would be classified as a steam game or not ( I don't think so personally, but not sure )
    I checked it out and if I add it to my steam library as a non steam game it doesn't track it. But if I use the shortcut I added to my desktop from the steam folder, it does.