Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Augh View Post
    Stuff about the fact the Titans actually couldn't just go ahead and kill them, if they were even capable was already mentioned.

Then you got stuff such as -

If you say shit about Sargeras around here people lose their minds. Old Gods gank Titans, it would seem. We chipped their crossdimensional toenails, that's it.
    final battle to defeat Sargeras will be aided by the old gods and the ending will be both joyful and sorrowful as the realization that the old gods remain set in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    final battle to defeat Sargeras will be aided by the old gods and the ending will be both joyful and sorrowful as the realization that the old gods remain set in.
    Was never a huge fan of the Titans anyways, hell with their precious plan =Q

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    It's oftenly said that the Old God's corpses are giants, and i was wondering : could C'Thun still be alive ? I mean, the only thing we seems to have killed is an eye, some tentacles and a stomach (He could have more stomachs than one). Also, when we bring him elementium ingots, Arygos states that the elementium is an element created by the volatility of C'Thun.
    And what was the main mineral in Cataclysm ? Elementium.
    Doesn't it implie that C'Thun is still alive ?
    Also, Elementium seems to be the equivalent for Northrend's saronite, made of Yoggy's blood.
    Old Gods don't die, they are banished.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the death of Y'Shaarj the sha came. I think if C'thun was really dead, we would have noticed it somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    So, why did Arygos said that ?
    "Arygos theorizes that the element which is born of conflicts between the Old Gods and their minions is also extremely deadly to them under the right conditions"

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Imperial_Qiraji_Regalia

"Combined with the element created from the volatility of their own God, they will become a force of reckoning. "

http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Imperial_Qiraji_Armaments

Combining these 2 statements strongly implies that C'thun was involved in the creation of Elementium (since he's an Old God) but not that it's his own blood.

Old Gods are certainly not immortal. It may have been hinted something in this way in the past, but certainly not anymore. We know Y'shaarj is dead, and we know by a interview with the devs that the Titans actually killed a lot of Old Gods (probably in other planets).

So, C'thun can most certainly be killed.

That said, we also know that killing an Olg God here in Azeroth brings trouble, as killing Y'shaarj brought forth the Sha.

So, I imagine that if C'thun had indeed been killed by us, it would have brought a similar effect. Since nothing of the sort happened, I believe C'thun is still alive in some way.

Maybe we just destroyed his physical form, and his spirit lives on. Maybe we just banished him, meaning we didn't really kill him.

Or maybe... it is just a hiccup by the devs, and he indeed died, but the devs simply forgot to bring the correspondent Sha from his corpse. Which would be lame....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    "They do not die; they do not live. They are outside the cycle."
    —Herald Volazj
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange eons even death may die."
    H.P.Lovecraft

Was it not stated that the Old Gods were basically intertwined with Azeroth ? Yogg-Saron was supposedly so massive that he encompassed most of Northrend. If this is true we basically just killed his left nut.

Old Gods could certainly be killed.....

They can't die or Azeroth will be destroyed
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Source? Link? Anything? No? Just as usual.

Again, source, link or anything that gives what you say any kind of credibility would be nice. The old gods are far, far from immortal and they are merely "represented" by certain body aspects, doesn't mean we only killed a SMALL part of them. In fact last time I read something about the whole issue they were stated to be indeed dead by a blue, sadly I can't find the post beeing looking for the last few minutes for it.

So anything to actually back up your claims would be nice, because so far it seems to be merely fan wank. And seeing how it comes from some guy with One Piece and another with a Baboon in their signature it's not very credible.
    it was stated in an interview that the only old gods that are really dead were the ones killed by the titans it was also said that the titans killed lots of old gods both here and on azeroth and that eventually they found out that killing them did bad things to whatever orld they connected themselves to.

killing ya'shaarj created the sha. who knows what the other ones did. so if yogg and c'thun were dead there would be somekind of side effect we wouldve seen by now. also its heavily implied both in places in northrend for yogg and the comic ifor cthun that all we really did was kind of "reapply" the lock and beat them down to the point that they now have to recharge basically
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

We never killed C'thun, we pissed off one of his many eyes

Pretty sure they kinda just go inactive once we defeat them then a long regeneration period takes place.

We know Old Gods can be killed and Knaak's crap about them bringing Sargeras to his knees yadda yadda in the Sundering is just as half-assed and ridiculous as a time travelling orc being venerated as a hero of the Kal'dorei 10000 years before Orcs screamed into Ashenvale, seemingly forgotten in the immortal mind of Tyrande.

Y'shaaj, old god, Y'shaarj slain. Ra-den and the Mogu brought him and his mantid army down and Ra-den isn't even a Titan but power on par with the Keepers of Ulduar. Certainly no Pantheon member. But the spirit or what have you of Old Gods (like the Sha) can continue to be a malevolent force and they aren't removed without destroying the world and re-originating it. It's not so much a question of whether Yogg and C'thun are dead but rather what kind of malevolent force was released by their deaths, just like the death of Y'shaarj.

Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    We know Old Gods can be killed and Knaak's crap about them bringing Sargeras to his knees yadda yadda in the Sundering is just as half-assed and ridiculous as a time travelling orc being venerated as a hero of the Kal'dorei 10000 years before Orcs screamed into Ashenvale, seemingly forgotten in the immortal mind of Tyrande.

Y'shaaj, old god, Y'shaarj slain. Ra-den and the Mogu brought him and his mantid army down and Ra-den isn't even a Titan but power on par with the Keepers of Ulduar. Certainly no Pantheon member. But the spirit or what have you of Old Gods (like the Sha) can continue to be a malevolent force and they aren't removed without destroying the world and re-originating it. It's not so much a question of whether Yogg and C'thun are dead but rather what kind of malevolent force was released by their deaths, just like the death of Y'shaarj.
    100% incorrect

"The Titans slew Y'shaarj, but with his dying breath he cursed Pandaria by infesting it with "shadows of his former self". http://www.wowwiki.com/Y'ShaarjSource

Deleted
    Because he did doesn't mean everyone did, the old gods being invincible and immortal doesn't make sense because it would punch holes as big as earth into the lore. How were the Titans able to beat so many of them in the first place, they did they overcome those on Azeroth and managed to kill some and imprison others when they are so extremly far stronger?

It's the lore being changed around a lot to suite whatever needs they have at that moment. They go from merely parasites on Azeroth to invincible abominations from beyond the veil to something in between to something completly different in every single book they're mentioned in. That some of these changes don't fit the lore so far doesn't seem to bother you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Possibly, but all I remember is Cho'gall was hiding in C'Thun lair torturing & holding Med'an hostage aswell. Cho'gall was twisted under the influence of C'Thun. Cho'gal became a living Avatar of C'thun. So there is a possability someone could become a living avatar of C'thun once again.
    Med'an as the orc draenei human that ascended to another plane? I wasn't aware he was in lore? What's your source?

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Source? Link? Anything? No? Just as usual.

Again, source, link or anything that gives what you say any kind of credibility would be nice. The old gods are far, far from immortal and they are merely "represented" by certain body aspects, doesn't mean we only killed a SMALL part of them. In fact last time I read something about the whole issue they were stated to be indeed dead by a blue, sadly I can't find the post beeing looking for the last few minutes for it.

So anything to actually back up your claims would be nice, because so far it seems to be merely fan wank. And seeing how it comes from some guy with One Piece and another with a Baboon in their signature it's not very credible.
    Hypocrisy at it's best. "Sadly I can't find the post.." does not prove your point in any bit.
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    100% incorrect

"The Titans slew Y'shaarj, but with his dying breath he cursed Pandaria by infesting it with "shadows of his former self". http://www.wowwiki.com/Y'ShaarjSource
    Which is mostly a quote based on speculation, what the actual text says is : "When the Usurpers came, the ones you call Titans, Y'Shaarj was destroyed.".
    Being destroyed in a physical form is different from being slain.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say they are like weeds, you can kill the top but unless you kill the roots they will just pop back up..it's just that their roots/ tentacles are so deep in azeroth that if you pulled the roots out the world would break..