Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    An old god is more powerful than every titan, also the titans beat the Old Gods (cause they united) but some of them falled.
    That's BS. There's no source state that an old god is more powerful than a titan. In the Ordering of Azeroth which is in game book it was stated that the titans were actually outnumbered by the endless amount of faceless one and elemental lord armies. "combined might of them couldn't stop the mighty titans". A titan fell but all old gods were defeated and imprisioned with one killed. The titans would have killed all if not for annoying effect Ysharrj caused after his death.

Since the old gods are pretty much ripped from HP Lovecrafts' stories, ill respond with a quote from one of his texts, which pretty much sums it up.

That is not dead which can eternal lie
    And with strange aeons even death may die

Even tough I dont think the wow devs are much bothered with aeons, an expac or two is probably enough time, should they so desire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That's BS. There's no source state that an old god is more powerful than a titan. In the Ordering of Azeroth which is in game book it was stated that the titans were actually outnumbered by the endless amount of faceless one and elemental lord armies. "combined might of them couldn't stop the mighty titans". A titan fell but all old gods were defeated and imprisioned with one killed. The titans would have killed all if not for annoying effect Ysharrj caused after his death.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Old_Gods

In the novel The Sundering, it is hinted that the Old Gods are more powerful than the Titans, including even Sargeras. It is said that they are extremely powerful and that the combined might of many Titans are required to subdue them. It is also stated that if they are freed, even Sargeras will plead for peace of death. This is further supported by their statement that little effort is needed to destroy Sargeras and turn his Burning Legion into their minions.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Old_Gods

In the novel The Sundering, it is hinted that the Old Gods are more powerful than the Titans, including even Sargeras. It is said that they are extremely powerful and that the combined might of many Titans are required to subdue them. It is also stated that if they are freed, even Sargeras will plead for peace of death. This is further supported by their statement that little effort is needed to destroy Sargeras and turn his Burning Legion into their minions.
    Hinted at. And wasn't it Brann Bronzebeard who said that? He knows nothing of the powers of Old Gods and Sargeras.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    He isn't dead. What you think that the evil lurking below Pandaria is? Why do you think the Klaxxi are talking about joining him WHEN he returns. Why does Wrathion say he's the biggest and strongest of his kind, something we haven't ever faced before? The devs saying he's dead, doesn't mean jack, since it could just be to keep you sidetracked. I'm 100% sure he'll pop up at some point, because if he's truely the biggest and strongest of all old gods, all the titans combined wouldn't even stand a chance. I say it's an Octopus with 7 heads. We killed one of his heads that's called YShaarj perhaps. We'll see.
    Best Buy Developer Q&A
    question
    At the end of the Klaxxi questline, the mantid mentioned that at one point in time, they worshipped Y'shaarj, an old god. However, he was slain by the Titans and was split into "shadows of his former self". Is he, in some way, in relations with the Sha and will we see Y'shaarj in future content patches?

blue response
    Y'shaarj breathed love and exhaled hate, inhaled peace and breathed violence... Plus, his name was y'SHAarj. It's pretty safe to connect the dots. :smileyhappy: But Y'shaarj itself is very, very, very dead.

This again? How many times must be stated that we haven't killed a single Old God. For if we did it would badly damage Azeroth as some users stated here.

C'Thun is alive. Yogg'Saron is alive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This again? How many times must be stated that we haven't killed a single Old God. For if we did it would badly damage Azeroth as some users stated here.

Yogg may be alive, but at least neutralised, since we killed his brain, he's probably alive but clinically dead.

Yogg may be alive, but at least neutralised, since we killed his brain, he's probably alive but clinically dead.
    Any source to go with that? You would think that such powerfull beings don't need their brain to be active. This isn't the normal world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I dont remember ever doing that.
    So do i, he just got into a 'wisp' or soul flying in the air.

Blizzard's lore is all about potato and comebacks. I find old god stuff interesting though

We brought it's brain to 30%, then it got red and unattackable.

If his Brain would be dead, there would be no P3 or the Brain is not actually Yogg's brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6577/yoggcabbage.jpg

There you have it, old gods are cabbages.
    "NO GODDAMMIT I'M NOT A CABBAGE"

bahahahahahahaha
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Deleted
    Any source to go with that? You would think that such powerfull beings don't need their brain to be active. This isn't the normal world.
    Yeh maybe they think with their balls.
    Seriously ... even the developpers probably never thinked about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    We brought it's brain to 30%, then it got red and unattackable.

If his Brain would be dead, there would be no P3 or the Brain is not actually Yogg's brain.
    That's true, but i'm not sure that crushing his maw didn't damaged is brain.
    Last edited by mmocafdd20634a; 2013-02-05 at 01:10 PM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account

I agree with this, but it doesn't matter much because they can always just retcon it like they did with the dragons. Originally the aspects didn't want to kill Deathwing because he was an aspect. Whether they were capable of it or not, they didn't want to kill him because they thought that killing an aspect would destroy Azeroth. That was after Deathwing did some pretty horrible stuff. Now we're swatting dragon aspects like flies. Malygos didn't want mortals to have magic and so he was killed, next expansion we killed Deathwing too.

With the lore we have now I think C'thun is still alive, but that may never come into play or a lot of the old god lore may get retconned when it comes time to play with another one of them or the titans.

10+ Year Old Account
    They do not live.
    They do not die.
    They are outside the cycle.

T̛h̸ey͏̸͠ ͢͞a̸͟r̶̛e͏ ͠oư͘͠t̶҉҉s͏̕i̸d̶e̡̛ ͟t͟h̵͠è ͞͡c͢y̛͘͡c̡l̸͠͠e͝.͜
    ̛͞T͟hę͝y̴͡ d̷̡o ͢n̷̵o͘ţ͟ ͡d̀͜͠i͏e͘.̶
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    He isn't dead. What you think that the evil lurking below Pandaria is? Why do you think the Klaxxi are talking about joining him WHEN he returns. Why does Wrathion say he's the biggest and strongest of his kind, something we haven't ever faced before? The devs saying he's dead, doesn't mean jack, since it could just be to keep you sidetracked. I'm 100% sure he'll pop up at some point, because if he's truely the biggest and strongest of all old gods, all the titans combined wouldn't even stand a chance. I say it's an Octopus with 7 heads. We killed one of his heads that's called YShaarj perhaps. We'll see.
    All the titans combined would slaughter him, they already imprisoned EVERY Old God once which is much harder than killing them. Y'shaarj or w/e his name is wouldn't stand the slightest chance.

---------- Post added 2013-02-05 at 01:48 PM ----------

An old god is more powerful than every titan, also the titans beat the Old Gods (cause they united) but some of them falled.
    No, they're not..
    Last edited by TJ; 2013-02-05 at 01:50 PM.

is Hogger an Old God? Cause I'm pretty sure we killed him, and then he became more powerful in Cata.

an entire titan pantheon and their forces were needed last to just deal with a handful of azerothian Old Gods and they couldnt get the job done right with everything they did firing back now. The Old GOds being defeated is meaningless, they wait, they come back.

and we have no REAL data on the power comparisons between the Old Gods and Titans, except that it took a lot of effort by the entire Titan Pantheon and their forces to take down a handful that had settled on Azeroth. Lore wise it was far too long ago and the titans couldnt finish the job and they're fail safes...well failed or were currupted.

And ontop of that we have potential retcons and new data that would throw down any guesses we've made.

and no, the Old Gods we have fought are not dead, simply beaten back into submission. They will awaken for far flung future generations to deal with once more.

And even in their beaten back state they have influence.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Source? Link? Anything? No? Just as usual.

Again, source, link or anything that gives what you say any kind of credibility would be nice. The old gods are far, far from immortal and they are merely "represented" by certain body aspects, doesn't mean we only killed a SMALL part of them. In fact last time I read something about the whole issue they were stated to be indeed dead by a blue, sadly I can't find the post beeing looking for the last few minutes for it.

So anything to actually back up your claims would be nice, because so far it seems to be merely fan wank. And seeing how it comes from some guy with One Piece and another with a Baboon in their signature it's not very credible.
    So find that link or source yet yourself? hmmm ya did not think so. Stop being an ass an enjoy the conversation in the spirit form whence it was started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6577/yoggcabbage.jpg

There you have it, old gods are cabbages.
    Dear mother of God, that was amazing

On topic though, the old gods we defeated are most likely still alive indeed. They just lack a body. That doesn't mean they can't influence and command their pawns though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

That's true, but i'm not sure that crushing his maw didn't damaged is brain.
    I would stop thinking about this.

You see, technically we were under Yogg-saron Skull where is somehow enough room to host an illusion of the Chamber of the aspects, the Stormwind throne room and a room of ICC, while there are still portals that somehow throw us out of his maw.

Where Old Gods are, reality starts to unravel.