Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    No fraps on your guild's homepage. :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqlvT...layer_embedded Here ya go!

    Not on our youtube page for some reason >.> This isn't one of our fastest kill times though D; Includes phase one though!

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Best try for this evening was 67% (without the buff, obvsly) and people got ported a 4th time. We didnt kill the Terror Spawns, I used my CDs on the Pandas (FE, Asc, SL, Potion) and made 7-8m just like our Affli and Arcane. Fire mage was at 6-7 and the Shadow & Warrior lacked behidn with 5-6m. Something went wrong with the logs this evening ~

    Our setup this evening was

    Blood DK
    Prot Paladin

    Holy Priest
    Holy Paladin

    Elemental
    Affli
    Fire mage
    Arcane mage
    Shadow
    Fury Warrior
    Why is your priest holy? afaik disc is far superior.

  3. #43

  4. #44
    We're hitting a brickwall with this boss, had steady progress on all 15 HC bosses and downed them after 1 max. 2 days of progress. After 3 days and 67 wipes (many of them caused by lack of DPS on Pandas, some Dread Spray fails and some rare heals) we still didnt hit P2 with various different setups (no perfect setups), and the best try was 68% befor everyone died with (in my opinion) our worst setup:

    Blood DK
    Prot Paladin

    Holy Paladin
    Disc Priest - he was Disc and not Holy, my fault

    Warrior
    Fire Mage
    Arcane Mage
    Elemental
    Shadow
    Shadow

    We ignored the adds and switched between using CDs on pull and keeping them for the Pandas (for the spec, who had 3min+ CDs atleast).
    Last edited by UcanDoSht; 2013-02-15 at 06:05 PM.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    We're hitting a brickwall with this boss, had steady progress on all 15 HC bosses and downed them after 1 max. 2 days of progress. After 3 days and 67 wipes (many of them caused by lack of DPS on Pandas, some Dread Spray fails and some rare heals) we still didnt hit P2 with various different setups (no perfect setups), and the best try was 68% befor everyone died with (in my opinion) our worst setup:

    Blood DK
    Prot Paladin

    Holy Paladin
    Holy Priest

    Warrior
    Fire Mage
    Arcane Mage
    Elemental
    Shadow
    Shadow

    We ignored the adds and switched between using CDs on pull and keeping them for the Pandas (for the spec, who had 3min+ CDs atleast).
    Boss typically will take raids ~5 or more days to down. It seems you know whats causing wipes just fix these problems and you should see phase 2 soon enough. Make sure everyone is using their highest single target dps spec/talents to get through phase 1 your first few times. Make sure you're lusting at the start if you aren't and save your CD's for w/e your having the most trouble with, that being panda's or getting more then 3 platforms.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    Boss typically will take raids ~5 or more days to down. It seems you know whats causing wipes just fix these problems and you should see phase 2 soon enough. Make sure everyone is using their highest single target dps spec/talents to get through phase 1 your first few times. Make sure you're lusting at the start if you aren't and save your CD's for w/e your having the most trouble with, that being panda's or getting more then 3 platforms.
    After how many tries did you hit P2?
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    After how many tries did you hit P2?
    We're not 100% certain when I asked around but the general number was around 90-100. We killed it around 150. With the removal of wipes from the WoW Api it makes it impossible to track anymore through wowprogress. Sorry!

  8. #48
    Well i can only speak of my own guilds expirience on this boss, but we found p1 to be the hardest part of the fight, it took us 2-3 nights just to get to phase 2, i don't think that there's a tactic that works for all guilds, but we found that me (elemental, and our warlocks) were doing the most damage to the panda, also rogue was up there with his low CD CD's (i believe he was combat at the time), but well you'll most likely spend less tries in p2 than in p1, it wont feel like it, because p2 tries are usually long, also a reason why this boss is so stressfull to progress on.

    Anyway, here's some stuff that i found my guild could've done better to prepare for p2, since this is the phase you don't wanna come unprepared to:

    1: Everyone needs to have a macro for throwing the light, be it mouseover or click, it does not really matter, as long as they do it fast.
    2: everyone needs to have the same unitframes, this is for the light throwing priority, if people don't have the same one you're gonna have a bad time, because at sub 10-15% a wrong throw can very likely be a wipe.
    3: you wanna learn where to position the boss.
    4: you wanna make sure that you have 3 dedicated ball throwers, 2 main and 1 backup if you need to gather the adds, they'll most likely be in a triangle, we also used 2 healers to be the main people doing it as 1 of them would have the light when huddles came.
    5: Running pattern for waterspouts, my guild managed to wipe on waterspout... alot, more than i am proud of admitting actually, many times because people ran like retards on top of eachother, so make sure people know where to be and where to run.
    6: this one is quite optional, but we learned this on a farm kill, basicly we saw the boss at 9% when he emerged, and we just call full nuke on boss, you'll most likely have a wave of 6 or maybe 7 adds spawning at that time, depending on your dps, but we simply ignored them, and even tho he submerged, and came back up to spawn another wave, he was only on like 2-3% anyway, so basicly, you dont free the huddle, you can try to heal it, and maybe 1-2 people will die, but it's still somewhat managable to bounce the ball around slowly for the add kiting with 14 or so adds alive.

  9. #49
    Thanks, Rowl.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuke View Post
    We're not 100% certain when I asked around but the general number was around 90-100. We killed it around 150. With the removal of wipes from the WoW Api it makes it impossible to track anymore through wowprogress. Sorry!
    Going in with our best geared chars on Sunday.. if its that much for reaching P2 its really okay, people have worries because we're 3 weeks away from 5.2 an unnerfed kill.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Thanks, Rowl.



    Going in with our best geared chars on Sunday.. if its that much for reaching P2 its really okay, people have worries because we're 3 weeks away from 5.2 an unnerfed kill.
    Indeed, Its important to take your most competent and level headed players you'll end up hating each others guts if someone screws up the ball sub 15% especially if its the same person over and over again. Try not to rush things, 3 weeks is way plenty of time! Biggest challenge of a 15+ min fight is maintaining focus on the pretty simple mechanics of the boss do this and you win

  11. #51
    Dreadlord zenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    After how many tries did you hit P2?
    We started last night on sha hc and were only 1% away from getting to P2 on our 10th try, after which we called the night. First few wipes we didn't have enough damage on the platforms, so what we ended up doing was: bloodlust on the pull, and personal cd's on the platforms, and that gave us plenty of time to kill the platforms. We now plan to actually play it safe and kill off some of the adds in the main room, since the goo they throw at you starts to become ridiculous at one point (we ignored the adds completely). That is of course until we get lei's hope. Our setup is dk/warrior tanking, pally/disc as healer and boomkin/ele/spriest/arcane mage/rogue and hunter.

  12. #52
    P2 after 92 tries (as shown on DBM).. haha. Going in again today.
    Most people do not realize the talent and skill it requires to be in a top guild. Many of you think its only about time invested, but that couldn't be further from the truth.

  13. #53
    Dreadlord zenga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    P2 after 92 tries (as shown on DBM).. haha. Going in again today.
    I'm actually considering to give unleash fury a go over elemental blast on the attempts before we get lei's hope, seeing as how crazy the movement is at one point. (uploaded a clip from my live stream showing all the shit you needed to dodge when you ignore the ads completely, log from that attempt).

  14. #54
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    709
    99% of the time, a "lack of DPS" on the pandas is actually too many orbs hitting. Your DPS may need to watch more and help out the tank who is picking up orbs. If you have 0 orbs hit, you can easily get away with everyone doing barely over 5mil each on the panda and still kill it in time to be back before the next cackle. On the other hand, if you have 3-4+ orbs hit, it's almost certainly a wipe, no matter how much DPS you've got.

    It also took us close to 100 wipes (somewhere around 2 1/2 raid nights) to even get to phase 2. I think a big reason it takes so long is because the DPS must take the time to become comfortable enough with the dread sprays to be able to grab orbs in slices that don't appear to be safe on VRDreadspray or ShaAssist. The tank just cannot get every single orb. It's impossible. So your DPS are going to have to help if you want to kill the panda before you wipe to the next cackle.

    Note: when I say DPS, I'm also counting the healer. :P We sat our hpal until we got the buff and used a MW and Disc to pump out as much damage as possible on the pandas. Then switched the hpal back in for phase 2 attempts.

    Once you're in phase two, it generally doesn't take very many attempts to kill it. We were hitting sub-20% on our first night of solid attempts on phase 2 and killed it no problem the next raid night. We did our first repeat kill last night in 4 attempts flat, including the first one to get the buff. First attempt we got the buff, second we went to 14%, third was a silly wipe in phase 1, and fourth was the kill. It's very, very fast once you've got the strat down.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    99% of the time, a "lack of DPS" on the pandas is actually too many orbs hitting. Your DPS may need to watch more and help out the tank who is picking up orbs. If you have 0 orbs hit, you can easily get away with everyone doing barely over 5mil each on the panda and still kill it in time to be back before the next cackle. On the other hand, if you have 3-4+ orbs hit, it's almost certainly a wipe, no matter how much DPS you've got.

    It also took us close to 100 wipes (somewhere around 2 1/2 raid nights) to even get to phase 2. I think a big reason it takes so long is because the DPS must take the time to become comfortable enough with the dread sprays to be able to grab orbs in slices that don't appear to be safe on VRDreadspray or ShaAssist. The tank just cannot get every single orb. It's impossible. So your DPS are going to have to help if you want to kill the panda before you wipe to the next cackle.

    Note: when I say DPS, I'm also counting the healer. :P We sat our hpal until we got the buff and used a MW and Disc to pump out as much damage as possible on the pandas. Then switched the hpal back in for phase 2 attempts.

    Once you're in phase two, it generally doesn't take very many attempts to kill it. We were hitting sub-20% on our first night of solid attempts on phase 2 and killed it no problem the next raid night. We did our first repeat kill last night in 4 attempts flat, including the first one to get the buff. First attempt we got the buff, second we went to 14%, third was a silly wipe in phase 1, and fourth was the kill. It's very, very fast once you've got the strat down.
    The pandas on the platforms has 23.55 million health, So if everyone = all 5 does 5 million it's enough, but since 1 is a healer and 1 is a tank that will never happen, it's my expirience that dps has to push atleast 6 mill, sometimes up to 7 depending on how bad orb spawns are and if it's a disc priest healing, but if you are doing 5 million as a dedicated DPS'er, you need to step it up imo, because that won't cut it.

  16. #56
    Mechagnome Eruionmel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    709
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowl View Post
    The pandas on the platforms has 23.55 million health, So if everyone = all 5 does 5 million it's enough, but since 1 is a healer and 1 is a tank that will never happen, it's my expirience that dps has to push atleast 6 mill, sometimes up to 7 depending on how bad orb spawns are and if it's a disc priest healing, but if you are doing 5 million as a dedicated DPS'er, you need to step it up imo, because that won't cut it.
    Yeah, it was probably a bit of an underestimation. Our prot pally can pull 5mil, but all of our DPS are near if not over 7 and the healer pulls 2ish themselves. 6mil each with the other 5.5 split between the tank and healer would probably be doable, but of course the optimal is 7 each. My point in the end was that you can pull less than the "optimal" and still down it, so long as you're picking up every single orb.
    | <Been There Downed That> - Exodar US - US 27th 16/16H |

    | PM Signature Requests: Closed | My Work | Signature Tutorial |

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Eruionmel View Post
    Yeah, it was probably a bit of an underestimation. Our prot pally can pull 5mil, but all of our DPS are near if not over 7 and the healer pulls 2ish themselves. 6mil each with the other 5.5 split between the tank and healer would probably be doable, but of course the optimal is 7 each. My point in the end was that you can pull less than the "optimal" and still down it, so long as you're picking up every single orb.
    yeah, that seems more right, i think most tank+healer combo's should be able to output that, maybe resto shamans/holy paladins will lack a bit on the dmg, but else it should be fine.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •