Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Wanting to lose weight.

Heya im 20 years old and ever since 2013 started I wanted to start on a realy good diet to lose some weight and I also going to start boxing, what will mean by condition, is realy low, as im well fat..

Im 20 years old my weight is around 115 kg im around 198 cm tall, so i'm wondering if any of you could help me to say well what is the best thing to be eating and how much meals a day and also with cardio i should do Aka Running or on a bike.

Greets Stormi

It really doesn't matter how many meals you eat and what kind of cardio you do. Losing weight is really about the calorie intake, so as long as you cut down on that (ie eat less bread, deep-fried anything, etc.) you'll be losing weight. As for the cardio, I don't think it's really going to help you lose weight, rather, it's gonna help you look better after you lose the weight - does that make sense? It's just gonna help shape your body and whatnot. And, as far as that goes, I'm a fan of the elliptical bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    Running (30 mins daily) + pushups + situps partnered with a general cutback on things like butter, olive oil, and McDonald's.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Medanielle View Post
    cutback on things like butter, olive oil, and McDonald's.
    Teach me oh wise one.

eat 6 times a day at 3 hour intervals but calculate so your portions dont add up to more than your daily intake, drink lots of water and exercise, proper weight training combined with cardio vascular activities will help the weight drop off at a reasonable rate but dont expect results fast as it takes months for large adaptations to occur.

If running is not your thing try a spin class or swimming as just starting of running will put some stress on the body and can give back pain and shin splints to begin with.

Deleted
    I am 18 years old, 187 cm and 90kg. 3 months ago i decided to lose weight, and did it simply by eating a lot in the morning (eat whatever you want), and then eating a little before 6 o'clock i guess. I was drinking lots of Cola and Nestea, so i stopped, guess that helped a lot. Now I am 72kg and totally pleased. It's not like you have to exercise to lose weight, i have health problems, so I didn't, and lost weight.

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post
    Heya im 20 years old and ever since 2013 started I wanted to start on a realy good diet to lose some weight and I also going to start boxing, what will mean by condition, is realy low, as im well fat..

Im 20 years old my weight is around 115 kg im around 198 cm tall, so i'm wondering if any of you could help me to say well what is the best thing to be eating and how much meals a day and also with cardio i should do Aka Running or on a bike.

Greets Stormi
    250 really isnt very overweight for 6'6". Really, under 220 lbs is too skinny for that height.

Anyways, if you want to lose weight you already know how: eat less. What I will suggest is to try various diets. What works for each person differs as it comes down to how your body responds to the diets (neurologically that is). Some people lose weight more easily with lots of carbs. Most lose weight with little to no carbs. Some lose weight eating 1 meal a day. Some lose weight eating 12 meals a day. Studies have shown that eating breakfast makes you less likely to binge eat later on. I personally find it easier to skip breakfast and eat 3 meals at 12, 4, and 8 to lose weight. You have to experiment and see what is easiest for you. Most importantly, however, is you need to learn how to handle being hungry. You will be hungry when you diet. There is no way to prevent that. Only ways to minimize the pain.

As for cardio... spinning, running, power walking, swimming. All of those are excellent exercises for burning calories. Biking can be great exercise but you need to learn how to adjust the seat to get good leverage. Plus, it is less stressful on your knees. I personally like running or power walking (power walking is less stressful on the joints and you burn more calories for the same speed as running, it is easier for me to run 10 mph than it is to power walk at 7 mph).
    Last edited by jbhasban; 2013-01-08 at 01:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    eat 6 times a day at 3 hour intervals but calculate so your portions dont add up to more than your daily intake, drink lots of water and exercise, proper weight training combined with cardio vascular activities will help the weight drop off at a reasonable rate but dont expect results fast as it takes months for large adaptations to occur.

If running is not your thing try a spin class or swimming as just starting of running will put some stress on the body and can give back pain and shin splints to begin with.
    Sorry to say but you are terribly wrong, stop believing everything you read on news sites / supplement websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It really doesn't matter how many meals you eat and what kind of cardio you do. Losing weight is really about the calorie intake, so as long as you cut down on that (ie eat less bread, deep-fried anything, etc.) you'll be losing weight. As for the cardio, I don't think it's really going to help you lose weight, rather, it's gonna help you look better after you lose the weight - does that make sense? It's just gonna help shape your body and whatnot. And, as far as that goes, I'm a fan of the elliptical bike.
    Was going to comment about the same thing, this is ccorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolden View Post
    I am 18 years old, 187 cm and 90kg. 3 months ago i decided to lose weight, and did it simply by eating a lot in the morning (eat whatever you want), and then eating a little before 6 o'clock i guess. I was drinking lots of Cola and Nestea, so i stopped, guess that helped a lot. Now I am 72kg and totally pleased. It's not like you have to exercise to lose weight, i have health problems, so I didn't, and lost weight.
    So basically you did intermittent fasting.

Deleted
    And also: start lifting dem weights. Muscles burn alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    Sorry to say but you are terribly wrong, stop believing everything you read on news sites / supplement websites.

Was going to comment about the same thing, this is ccorrect.

So basically you did intermittent fasting.
    IF generally speaks to dieting in the morning. What he did was fairly unique (other than the stop drinking sugary drinks).

Deleted
    It's not like you have to exercise to lose weight, i have health problems, so I didn't, and lost weight.
    It's not advised to not get any excerise if you don't have any serious health issue that makes you completely unable to though. You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight. But you should exercise as part of a healthy lifestyle. The human body is not really made for a such a sedetary lifestyle that many have today.
    What is the health problems you're having that made your doctor advise against any exercise, if you don't mind me asking?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    IF generally speaks to dieting in the morning. What he did was fairly unique (other than the stop drinking sugary drinks).
    IF isnt a diet.
    It tells you when to eat. when YOU want.
    If he eats between 10 and 6 thats still intermittent fasting.

Deleted
    You could always go on the paleo diet :P

Deleted
    Just cut out Choc Crisps Bread Sugar and exercise 45 mins a day to begin with , if you go all out in your 1st few days you will hurt, ache so bad and lock your knees if there not used to it and it will put you off,

start slowly!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashadeadhead View Post
    It's not advised to not get any excerise if you don't have any serious health issue that makes you completely unable to though. You don't HAVE to exercise to lose weight. But you should exercise as part of a healthy lifestyle. The human body is not really made for a such a sedetary lifestyle that many have today.
    What is the health problems you're having that made your doctor advise against any exercise, if you don't mind me asking?
    It's called Varicocele, i was exercising quite a lot if you ask me, but then started feeling a lot of pain even while running. Doctor told me to stop for a while, then I was told that this shit should be removed, but I don't have time and money for operation, specially because it can wait in my situation. Thinking of removing it in summer.

change the way you eat for 3 weeks straight and you've done the hard part. by then it will become habitual to reach for a few carrots instead of a coke and skittles. i'd not worry about conditioning until i had my diet set.

there are a ton of places with diets already made up. it starts with your first shopping list. if you can, buy enough for 2 weeks and get rid of your junk that's in your house.

if you go balls deep at the start, you'll be miserable, you'll fail and you'll get fatter. just worry about developing proper eating habits and after that, take a step toward fitness

Deleted
    It's called Varicocele, i was exercising quite a lot if you ask me, but then started feeling a lot of pain even while running. Doctor told me to stop for a while, then I was told that this shit should be removed, but I don't have time and money for operation, specially because it can wait in my situation. Thinking of removing it in summer.
    Alright ok, then I understand your situation. It's a legit reason. It's just that you hear the weirdest reasons for not exercising nowadays so I was just curious. Hope you'll feel better soon enough!

Quote Originally Posted by StormiNL View Post

Greets Stormi
    In 2007-2008 i had signed up for swimming. 3 times a week and had great fun. I lost around 15-18 kilograms and felt great. I was about 70 kilos and 180 cms, but looked terrible. I was really skinny and looked sickly (xD). My only advise is try not to over do it.

For actual advise: Eat less carbs, have dinner before 18:00 so the body burns fat while you sleep and loads of exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    In 2007-2008 i had signed up for swimming. 3 times a week and had great fun. I lost around 15-18 kilograms and felt great. I was about 70 kilos and 180 cms, but looked terrible. I was really skinny and looked sickly (xD). My only advise is try not to over do it.

For actual advise: Eat less carbs, have dinner before 18:00 so the body burns fat while you sleep and loads of exercise.
    Please, give me a biological study that demonstrates that eating before 6pm helps you burn fat. I am deeply interested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jbhasban View Post
    Please, give me a "Scientific" study that demonstrates that eating before 6pm helps you burn fat. I am deeply interested.
    is what you mean.