Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Nah Ray, I don't like fish lol. (Besides the canned tuna.)

Yeah my mother used to weigh a lot before she got the band thing, now she's pretty alright. @Master, I only drink about once every 5/6 months anyway I'll rethink the gym thing with him though, going to suck though I have little to 0 friends, never mind ones who'd be interested in going to the gym. And I'm up so late because tomorrow I have a day off, and I want to be tired early tomorrow as I have a driving test the next day PS: 10:30 in england atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Yeah my mother used to weigh a lot before she got the band thing, now she's pretty alright. @Master, I only drink about once every 5/6 months anyway I'll rethink the gym thing with him though, going to suck though I have little to 0 friends, never mind ones who'd be interested in going to the gym. And I'm up so late because tomorrow I have a day off, and I want to be tired early tomorrow as I have a driving test the next day PS: 10:30 in england atm.
    You can always just buy some free weights, and get some kind of mat to do sit ups and push ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    You can always just buy some free weights, and get some kind of mat to do sit ups and push ups.
    I have no idea how to start with weights etc + Atm I have 0 money (In college and struggling to find any job). But do have an insurance claim coming through sometime during the year which will give me a bit to start buying things like these .
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Deleted
    Good! Drinks are the worst enemies of health, expecially beer and club drinks. They also expand your belly causing the "pancia da goti", as we call it.
    Be careful, not too much meat and fish, expecially canned, because they have more oil and chemical substances that make things only worse.
    Good luck, and the Force may be with you.

Thanks master Yeah that's one thing I'm grateful for. Going out and getting shit-faced drunk and not remembering it the next day isn't appealing at all to me ^^.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harzaka View Post
    I can recommend you to check youtube.com/michaelkoryfitness. He releases quite good recipes on a weekly basis.

My main recipe which i eat pretty often is

Boil 100g red lentils
    Put about 2dl of water in a pan, put in 150g chicken + 100g broccoli and put the lid on, let it be like that for 15 minutes.
    That sounds gross lol

If your college is good they may have a gym you can use. And weights/resistance bands aren't that expensive, it'll run maybe $40-$50 for all your materials, as opposed to a gym membership which can be $12-20 every month, including gas to get there and back home every day, and it's not the most comfortable environment. (Depending on time, since you have no work out friends.)

And lol I'll give you some advice for your driving test. Get some good sleep night before, eat something solid in the morning, and just keep a clear mind and be thoughtful about what you're doing. You should be fine, it's not that hard.

My college is a 'community college' I think they would call it in USA. Think of it as another school type place. And where it's located is sort of an attraction for disabled people (not trying to sound mean). I think about 95% of the students have special needs. All they have is classrooms and the cafeteria.And the kitchens where the NVQ/VRQ catering students train. They'd have no use for a gym really. Took them 3 years to put an ATM in their never mind a place for people to workout. I'll probably start with the home things before I move up to the gym then when I get some money.

Do you know of some guides for beginners using weights and such?

Edit: Already failed my driving test once. A bus got close to me during rush hour traffic and I didn't see, examiner had to intervene (even though he wasn't going to hit me :c)

Sure I'll pass on Tuesday
    Last edited by -Skye; 2013-02-03 at 11:12 PM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    ? This is a huge lifestyle change to be eating healthier and I'm not sure if every single day you'll be able to make him a new different meal. In fact I usually just eat the same dinner 2-3 days lol and switch up my snacks.

What I eat:
    -Canned tuna in a whole wheat wrap. (Bread is bad.)
    -Grilled chicken and yellow rice.
    -Sometimes chicken baked in the oven with breadcrumbs and some home made French fries (also baked in oven).
    -Turkey breast pan grilled with some mashed potatoes.
    -Home made chicken and broccoli (Chinese) with a small amount of white rice.
    -Chicken meat loaf and some mashed potatoes.

And basically rinse and repeat. I'm considering making chicken/turkey burgers but I don't want to have to eat bread.

Hope that helps somewhat lol.
    moment when all bread is bad for you..fiber just saying.

You should schedule your test and sites better. I took mine at like this deserted place at noon. Everyone was at work. But that sounds like bad luck.

Meh there is no real such guide depending on what you do. You should try using a specific program. We'll guide you when you get the stuff depending on what you get. You can get a resistance band for like $10 or so and be good to go and creative with that.

Well cheers for all the advice. I'll post for more help/updates when necessary, thanks a lot everyone

Homemade, healthy broccoli soup from Gordon Ramsay

Ingredients: serving 3-4
    1 large broccoli
    salt
    water

1) Cut around broccoli until the bottom stem is separated. Cut stem into little nibbles, save this for later.
    2) Place broccoli bushes in boiling water, season with salt.
    3) Once you can easily cut through the broccoli with the knife, separate broccoli from water. DO NOT THROW AWAY WATER, this is your broccoli broth.
    4) Place boiled broccoli into blender. Season. Place a small amount of broccoli broth into blender. Mix until liquefied. Add more broth until desired taste.
    5) Empty blender back into pot. Place the broccoli nibbles into pot. Simmer.

Goes great with goat cheese and almonds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    That sounds gross lol
    Not at all, it gets steamed if you do it right.
    Also the chicken is pre cooked.

hey first of all try to stop smoking your father and if you can hire health consultant then it could be best option for you and your father. and with that there is no need that how much you are good in cooking. because you have own routine and it become difficult to mange your like and your father health. rest it's your decision. thanks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    50 eh? You'll probably kill him in a gym lol. I'm not saying it's impossible but it's hard, he's old and overweight.

I know you want a partner but your Dad isn't that partner. At least not for the gym. The diet part would work out tremendously for you both though.

I wonder what the condition of your Mom who eats a lot of chocolate is.....
    My dad is 70 and goes to the gym. Dont be so ageist. Ok so he's not running any marathons but he's active, and spends all his free time in the garden working. But then he's always been active so I suppose its normal for him, he gets incredibly bored just sitting round (and incredibly annoying too!)

You are never too old, (or too young for that matter) to take your health seriously and look after it.

I like Chicken fajitas. Cook onions and peppers in a pan with some garlic mexican spices and lemon juice and a splash of orange juice then add the chicken cook till done. Put on wheat tortillas. Good stuff

A good treat when I get in the mood for something sweet, I'll take a betty crocker angel food cake mix and a can of strawberry or blueberry pie filling and bake the cake as usual. Serve it with a bit of whipped topping. It's good and it's healthy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnaby View Post
    I like Chicken fajitas. Cook onions and peppers in a pan with some garlic mexican spices and lemon juice and a splash of orange juice then add the chicken cook till done. Put on wheat tortillas. Good stuff

A good treat when I get in the mood for something sweet, I'll take a betty crocker angel food cake mix and a can of strawberry or blueberry pie filling and bake the cake as usual. Serve it with a bit of whipped topping. It's good and it's healthy for you.
    No, that is just bad for you. If you want to eat fresh berries and whipped cream that you make yourself from organic cream(preferably), that might be a better treat. Most pie fillings have corn syrup and boxed cake mix.. ugh.

I am diabetic, not that I have to take injections but I was on 3 Metformin a day. I removed all grains and processed foods from my diet and replaced them with fresh fruits, veggies and lean meats. I now only have to take 1 Metformin a day. As a treat, I will have a square of 90% dark chocolate about once a week. Good luck with your Dad.

Typical lunch for me is big bowl of mixed greens, tomatoes, canned tuna(or roasted chicken) and cucumber slices mixed with some mayo(make it myself, otherwise you get a crap load of nasty stuff in store bought mayo, like sugar).

Dinners: protein, some sort of sauteed greens(spinach, kale, mustards, broccoli rabe etc etc) and another veggie like a squash, green beans, sweet potato(never white potatoes)etc etc.

Breakfast: I usually make egg muffins a couple times a week. Eggs, veggies, meat of choice baked in a muffin tin. Easy grab and go, after 30 second in the microwave.