10+ Year Old Account

[Sorted]Making a mouseover macro that ignores all but Grid?

Hello. I was hoping anyone could help me figure this out. I couldn't find a simular topic, but please excuse me if I missed it.

I want to make a mouseover macro that only activates if I mouseover someone on my Grid.

Here are examples of my 2 current options that I need a way around:

Example: I play on my Priest, I want to have the boss targeted (or whatever mob) at all times. I want to cast Penance on tank to stack Grace without having to lose my main target.

Example 2: I make a mouseover macro for my Penance, and I accidentally mouseover a player and Penance is cast on them.

All I want is to make a mouseover macro that only works if I mouseover my grid, and NOT the ''real world''
    Last edited by Celar; 2013-02-02 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Question sorted!
    3 manning all Challenge Modes on GOLD! - Youtube.com/MyCelar

Quote Originally Posted by Celar View Post
    Hello. I was hoping anyone could help me figure this out. I couldn't find a simular topic, but please excuse me if I missed it.

I want to make a mouseover macro that only activates if I mouseover someone on my Grid.

Here are examples of my 2 current options that I need a way around:

Example: I play on my Priest, I want to have the boss targeted (or whatever mob) at all times. I want to cast Penance on tank to stack Grace without having to lose my main target.

Example 2: I make a mouseover macro for my Penance, and I accidentally mouseover a player and Penance is cast on them.

All I want is to make a mouseover macro that only works if I mouseover my grid, and NOT the ''real world''
    If you're just going to have heals as mouseover macros you might as well just download Clique. You can also blacklist frames so it only works on what ones you want.

Deleted
    Yeah, I don't think you can fit the checks in to the macro char limit, clique is your best bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks. im already using Clique, but didnt think of that. I suppose Ill do that if its not doable with macros

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not really doable with macros - macros don't really have a system of telling the difference if it's a frame or a world object you're mousing over.

Also, as a random comment on your first example... why not use the focus frame? either put the tank or the boss on Focus, and you can watch it that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because thats a bit restricted, don't you think? Besides Im using focus to watch boss cast timers or other mobs.

I got exactly what I asked for with Clique