Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda bugs me. . .in that I view the brainless drones ,who give these items to e-sluts, as creepers, and some of them may have unhealthy intentions.

But then again I don't really mind. The brainless men who do this are losing their own stuff and not really gaining anything out of it, and the e-sluts who choose to take advantage of this are setting themselves up to even be preyed on to an almost scarey level, or they're just being put on a pedastool (not really being looked at as a normal person or an equal/no real respect). I'm sure some women actually enjoy the whole pedastool thing, but if they ever grow up and look back on it. . .I'm sure they're going to feel like utter shit. Same for the men.

Both sides (the idiotic creep drones and e-sluts) encourage this back and forth. . .so it works out for them in the end. Though I would be careful to not get involved with this kind of stuff, because I can see this kind of stuff causing nasty drama if someone who's treating everyone like a normal human is to get in the cross-fire. . .
    Last edited by GuiltyCrown; 2013-02-02 at 11:05 PM.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

Ive been in 3+ guilds that have fallen apart due to women. The best part is, they were never good players, raid leaders just brought them because its a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    It shows that the officers were not impressed by her performance and her attitude of using her gender to compensate for lack of personality.
    I'm sorry to say this, but it actually shows a double standard if anything. The problem here, is that you cropped out minimal texts in various contexts and no one can really discern anything.

Being unimpressed by her performance is one thing: Saying she was using her gender to compensate for a lack of personality is completely another. Especially, when all you have to back your claim up is a FB link (who seriously doesn't have FB these days - or add people on it) and a joke.

Yet by the same hand, you find it completely acceptable for your officers to talk in a very degrading manner about this individual.

So why don't you just analyze her actual performance as a player: What's wrong with it?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    Never encountered this phenemon until this morning when my guild leader went on and on about being ripped off from promised nude pics from some girl for epic flying. Weird ass shit if you ask me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    [...]

So why don't you just analyze her actual performance as a player: What's wrong with it?
    I agree, if you are disgusted by the behavior don't commit it yourself either. In that sense, I can emphasize with not accepting a gift out of disgust for the intention. Meanwhile you can just turn someone down for what their lack of performance and leave it at that.

On the other hand...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    Never encountered this phenemon until this morning when my guild leader went on and on about being ripped off from promised nude pics from some girl for epic flying. Weird ass shit if you ask me.
    ...some people have to learn a lesson the hard way.

I wouldn't want such a moron as my GM btw.

Deleted
    90% of the internet females are actually dudes. Even the term G.I.R.L proves so....(Guy. In. Real. Life.)

Quote Originally Posted by bigbadbrawler View Post
    buying chicks digital pets? nerd love is so f*cking LAME.
    I see digital pets and raise you real life flowers that die in a week and cost 20 to 50 bucks.
    Any type of gift that is commonly tied to love or what ever you want to call it is LAME if you really examine it.
    Rings are just metal with a shiny rock.
    Flowers die.
    Stuffed animals are cheap and useless.
    Chocolate and candy you can only eat once.
    I could go on for hours.
    The best gift I have ever gotten was something useful, a digital kitchen scale, that i use to this day and yes it reminds me of the girl who gave it to me.

More related to the topic, a lot of nice guys also give gifts to a girl the like and they don't ask for anything.
    But then there are the not so nice guys that there reason for gifts.... well... it reminds me of that one Limp Bizkit song "Nookie"
    Last edited by MisterMxyzptlk; 2013-02-03 at 01:02 AM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    [...]
    Any type of gift that is commonly tied to love or what ever you want to call it is LAME if you really examine it.
    [...]
    I don't agree. It is the thought behind it which counts. If it was given to make the person feel happy, then that can go a long way, and have a strong meaning which outsiders will be unable to understand. For example your lonely (grand)mother living alone at her age of 90 will appreciate the flowers she received when you visited, and will happily enjoy them every day whereas if you just gave money it meant nothing to her. If you ever receive a beautiful bouquet, say on marriage, you can make that moment immortal with a tool called camera. Such moments are priceless. You can't amount for them in money because of the emotional value behind it. That's also why I find it so heart breaking when a granny gets robbed of her jewelry, aside from them being weak and defenseless. A wedding ring has a symbolic and emotional value, related to the event of bonding.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    I don't agree. It is the thought behind it which counts. If it was given to make the person feel happy, then that can go a long way, and have a strong meaning which outsiders will be unable to understand. For example your lonely (grand)mother living alone at her age of 90 will appreciate the flowers she received when you visited, and will happily enjoy them every day whereas if you just gave money it meant nothing to her. If you ever receive a beautiful bouquet, say on marriage, you can make that moment immortal with a tool called camera. Such moments are priceless. You can't amount for them in money because of the emotional value behind it. That's also why I find it so heart breaking when a granny gets robbed of her jewelry, aside from them being weak and defenseless. A wedding ring has a symbolic and emotional value, related to the event of bonding.
    yes I agree its the thought behind it.
    But my post was mostly in reply to the guy calling digital pets lame, meaning if i really wanted a pet and some one knew and got it for me it would be special to me while others looking at it would be like "uh ok?"

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys know the internet is full of free boobs, right? That you can see without buying gifts for?

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMxyzptlk View Post
    I see digital pets and raise you real life flowers that die in a week and cost 20 to 50 bucks.
    Rings are just metal with a shiny rock.
    Flowers die.
    Stuffed animals are cheap and useless.
    Chocolate and candy you can only eat once.
    I could go on for hours.
    The best gift I have ever gotten was something useful, a digital kitchen scale, that i use to this day and yes it reminds me of the girl who gave it to me.

More related to the topic, a lot of nice guys also give gifts to a girl the like and they don't ask for anything.
    But then there are the not so nice guys that there reason for gifts.... well... it reminds me of that one Limp Bizkit song "Nookie"
    It's appropriate to get your girlfriend roses on Valentine's day. It is not generally appropriate to send roses to somebody's office after a first date.

Some people may call these gifts "generosity," but men are not this kind of generous toward each other. Even giving somebody something relatively inexpensive is certainly a kind of come-on; like sending over a drink at a bar. Buying expensive stuff tips the scales toward grossly inappropriate.
    Author of DON'T EVER GET OLD , Nominated for the Edgar, Anthony and Thriller awards for Best First Novel.
    My Blog: http://danieljfriedman.blogspot.com
    My Warcraft/Gaming Blog: http://biggerthankologarn.blogspot.com
    My Twitter: http://twitter.com/DanFriedman81

Twitch.tv has basically become a soft core version of myfreecams. I did an experiment and put a webcam on my girlfriend as I streamed my guild's heroic raids. I got a lot of viewers, but when I took the cam down, most of them left. She usually appears on my stream now, but we make sure that she's not wearing clothing that is too revealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    You guys know the internet is full of free boobs, right? That you can see without buying gifts for?
    But don't you get it, it isn't that CERTAIN GIRL'S BOOBS!!1!1!!

Seriously, guys can do creepy things, girls can use their sexuality to get stuff. It has been like this for quite awhile. Is it annoying for a girl to get free stuff or become popular for just showing her boobs, yea it is, but it is just as annoying that these guys fall for it. It doesn't help girls in general cause then they can get a negative label which sucks. While I haven't played with a lot of girls on WoW, I can say that the ones I have played with weren't drama queens or looking for gifts or free passes. They didn't pull "I'm a girl card". "Shockingly" to say these girls were treating like.....any other player. Although I will admit this is mostly due to the fact that all the guys weren't teens lol.

With that said, a girl simply asking for donations and gifts isn't bad IMO if she doesn't flaunt her boobs or try to act "cute". A simple "hey guys, if you want to help me grow, toss me a few bucks will help" with a smile is enough.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last night at the end of a dungeon run, it was just myself and the Tank left. He makes some kinda remark like; - "So... hello sexy." I quickly inform him I'm a guy and he apologises and says "Ah, I get used to these things." It was kinda innocent but a bit odd (and not something I'd ever do).

Anyway, I chatted with him a little bit after and he mentioned how he had an online girlfriend who plays WoW.. but this turned out to be a guy who was just playing along.

Creepy stuff right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Now every expansion, Blizzard releases a new class, or 2 new races into the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirawen View Post
    Why would someone create malware for a mac? Is there a black market for photo albums of cats and half written novels?

Why is this topic still open? Women bashing men, men bashing women. Even after several topic warnings.. /confused

Deleted
    Same happens IRL, just less extreme. Guys buying gifts for girls, following them around doing their bidding, etc. All to try and get laid. Though most people don't seem to realise this is the exact opposite of what works.

When it comes to streams, asking for likes/shares/donations etc isn't being a slut. Guys do the same thing. It's just slightly less effective. (Except with streamers like froggen, aphromoo [LoL] etc, those are very effective )

It destroying guilds, only happens unless a) the female is very good at manipulating people against eachother, or b)the officers/GM are easily influenced. Though option A works just as fine if a male tries to do it, aslong as he's smart and decivious enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never gotten anything for free just because I was a chick. As a friend, sure, but we do each other favours (heal me through this I'll heal you through that on my alt), so technically not free. It's usually a birthday gift or something, and if someone does give me something I always make sure to hit them back up with gold/items.

the sample size of these occurrences (on all population comparisons) are too small to make broad and generalist judgements. Especially when the vast majority show no signs of this.

They are solely attributed to the person and people involved, and not to a gender as a whole. judgements and views must solely be aimed at those within the event, not any groups they happen to be categorized under.

I also think this topic has run the course of its material.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2013-02-03 at 12:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Don't under estimate the power of boobs on the internet. Using it wisely it can control entire servers!
    Boobs one of Gods greatest creation, They can just turn any man in to a vegetable. They can control Kingdoms & the poor female carrying them everywhere don't understand how evil they truly are unless they grasp the power themselves.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Boobs one of Gods greatest creation, They can just turn any man in to a vegetable. They can control Kingdoms & the poor female carrying them everywhere don't understand how evil they truly are unless they grasp the power themselves.
    Ahhh, so that's where those crops on my ranch are coming from. Every day when I visit its full with them. Now I understand, thank you.