Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    After readingthis all i can say is...What about those of us who just enjoy giving?

For instance i had a guild member i met(yes fenale) after starting on a nes server with my now ex GF. Would i help her out with gold? Sure i did for my GF and other guildies as well. Why? They were new players didn't have alot and i like to help.

Did i send her pets(as in ONLY in game ones) once...FOR CHRISTMAS. She did the same.

She said she wished she could repay me. My thinking. No need it's nice just having a friend and i said this.

Now after reading this i probably came off as a creep...Never meant it that way. Bug it probably explains why i haven't seen ger online in awhile as well.

Now for me IRL. I give friends male AND female all the time. I have say 2 copies of Martian successor Nadesico(happens more often then you'd think for crazy collectors like me) and i'll give it to a friend who will enjoy it. MALE OR FENALE.

Same for manga or even games and hell even electronic devices.

As i see it if i don't need or can't use why not let someone else have it ya know. Amd if someones a friend what's wrong with helping them.

So yeah it seems guys who do this sorta thing with ill intent give the rest of us a bad name.

Oh and before anyone asks i am kinda awkward with women. Shouldn't matter. Online is online and as far as i'm concerned anyone i befriend say through WoW and i will never neet IRL.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    After readingthis all i can say is...What about those of us who just enjoy giving?

For instance i had a guild member i met(yes fenale) after starting on a nes server with my now ex GF. Would i help her out with gold? Sure i did for my GF and other guildies as well. Why? They were new players didn't have alot and i like to help.

Did i send her pets(as in ONLY in game ones) once...FOR CHRISTMAS. She did the same.
    Honestly if it was mutual gift-giving and you had pre-established friendship before and didn't just randomly single her out and start showering her with gifts just because she was a ~woman~ with ~boobs~ I see no problem. There is nothing wrong with giving gifts to friends, or helping them out.

So much woman hatred in this thread that it's disturbing. Most of you should work to come to terms with how angry you apparently are at women. The language used in this thread alone is shocking, but the vileness of the generalizations and stereotypes adds a whole new depth of pure craziness.

I normally would just ignore a thread like this, but at some point someone needs to say something. I guess I get to be that someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
    See, I'm perfectly happy to blame a guild leader who would corrupt his loot distribution or carry someone in a raid who can't handle mechanics because he has a crush, rather than blaming the woman.

If a grown man is buying $200 gifts for a 15 year-old kid, I am not going to blame the kid for being a slut, either. That guy is a predator.
    A girl in a guild from my realm slept with the GM at a guild meet up for gaurentee first guildy to get targosa staff. I guess she had been sending him nudes in the past for items and such before they met.

Plus i don't get it, you don't need to buy items for a girl to try and "get with them". If you'r not clingy, wierd and creepy the girls come to you. Even on WoW i had a girl offer to fly/drive out and stay with me. I told her no, although the point is its just like irl, you don't over do it or you freak em out.
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-02-04 at 08:08 PM.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

She said she wished she could repay me. My thinking. No need it's nice just having a friend and i said this.

Now after reading this i probably came off as a creep...Never meant it that way. Bug it probably explains why i haven't seen ger online in awhile as well.

Now for me IRL. I give friends male AND female all the time. I have say 2 copies of Martian successor Nadesico(happens more often then you'd think for crazy collectors like me) and i'll give it to a friend who will enjoy it. MALE OR FENALE.

Same for manga or even games and hell even electronic devices.

As i see it if i don't need or can't use why not let someone else have it ya know. Amd if someones a friend what's wrong with helping them.

So yeah it seems guys who do this sorta thing with ill intent give the rest of us a bad name.

Oh and before anyone asks i am kinda awkward with women. Shouldn't matter. Online is online and as far as i'm concerned anyone i befriend say through WoW and i will never neet IRL.
    According to some people in this thread, you are a creep and deserve to be punished.

10+ Year Old Account
    This really bothers me as a female. I love the game pets so I spend my money to buy them. I would never EVER even dream of flashing some boobs for strangers online to get a damn pixeled pet. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    According to some people in this thread, you are a creep and deserve to be punished.
    Well thing is MMO-Champ is super diverse and we all have different backgrounds and our different societies have told us what is okay and what isn't. I think nothing is wrong with it but i can see how maybe from a culture that is highly feminist could see how he is rude for giving her items as if she couldn't do well without his help.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I'm not going to lie I've seen female control and destroy entire guilds. It shocking how one female can control score of men like nothing on wow.
    You don't think both the woman and the men are at fault for this? I mean why is the woman always the one to be lynched because of how males act around them?
    Sorry but if men can't contain themselves when a woman is around thats their own fault and vice versa.

As to the pet situation, I have a very good friend in wow has been my friend for over 5 years now, and he always gets me a gift for christmas and birthdays, usually TCG pets/mounts/blizzstore stuff because he knows I love pets and mounts. Does he expect anything back? Only my friendship, men and women can be friends without anything sinister going on, they can also give gifts without anything more sinister behind it.

I send him down food packaages, full of Scottish sweets/foods/drinks etc because he's my friend and I like giving gifts to my friends. Not because of what I can get from them in return.

Not that I'm saying there aren't those types out there, because there are, but its not just females. Everyone in the world is capable of maipulating others because of what they think they can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    You don't think both the woman and the men are at fault for this? I mean why is the woman always the one to be lynched because of how males act around them?
    Sorry but if men can't contain themselves when a woman is around thats their own fault and vice versa.

As to the pet situation, I have a very good friend in wow has been my friend for over 5 years now, and he always gets me a gift for christmas and birthdays, usually TCG pets/mounts/blizzstore stuff because he knows I love pets and mounts. Does he expect anything back? Only my friendship, men and women can be friends without anything sinister going on, they can also give gifts without anything more sinister behind it.

I send him down food packaages, full of Scottish sweets/foods/drinks etc because he's my friend and I like giving gifts to my friends. Not because of what I can get from them in return.

Not that I'm saying there aren't those types out there, because there are, but its not just females. Everyone in the world is capable of maipulating others because of what they think they can get.
    Going to get in trouble for this, but he is friendzoned hard. He probably likes you alot, but you just see him as a friend.
    A guy being a friend with a girl just out of pure friendship is a really rare thing, if their are no mutual friends involved its because he probably has feelings and just can't make a move. Plus this is the internet not like he can make a move.
    Last edited by kingriku; 2013-02-04 at 08:29 PM.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kingriku View Post
    Well thing is MMO-Champ is super diverse and we all have different backgrounds and our different societies have told us what is okay and what isn't. I think nothing is wrong with it but i can see how maybe from a culture that is highly feminist could see how he is rude for giving her items as if she couldn't do well without his help.
    Which isn't how i mean it LOL. She was new i helped gave her advice tanked and so ok. I had toons in her range we had similar hours so why not.

Advice wise just helped her learn gearing and glyphing.

Basic stuff ya know. Hell i seem to like helping new players more then i do raiding LOL. Just fun to help people to me. But it DOES seem alot of people might take it the wrong way.

I often give TCG cards as birthday presents to long term friends of both genders. Nothing hideously valuable but its a nice way of showing your friendship means something to you. What i'm seeing here is that since a couple of the recipients of these gifts are women that i've known for 4+ years I am a creeper and they are e-sluts?

You make a lot of assumptions in your original post, maybe you clarify down to specific examples later in the thread but I didn't bother to read through all of it.

Going to get in trouble for this, but he is friendzoned hard. He probably likes you alot, but you just see him as a friend.
    A guy being a friend with a girl just out of pure friendship is a really rare thing, if their are no mutual friends involved its because he probably has feelings and just can't make a move. Plus this is the internet not like he can make a move.
    I have many male friends, really good male friends, I'm in my 30's for crying out loud! lol, if thats the case then it's never been shown and I'm sure I'd have picked up on it, I'm practically married and have bee for 10 years, he knows this, and talks to my hubby. I hope this sin't the case, as I wouldn't want to hurt him at all. But if it's never shown or brought up, then what can you do? I take it at face value, we're friends, we like each other, we like spending time together, and we have alot in common, and know we can trust one another and be there for each other when we need help/advice or just someone to listen, thats what I call a great friend!

Deleted
    (Reason I reply is because I read GP sends local foods.) This also implies the other way around, and I don't agree with that. Yes, it could be friendzone, but not necessarily, and assuming that by default goes way too for for me.

I've send my (dare I say high quality) home made food (as well as a few other hand crafted tidbits) all around the world because I know it is high quality. I also like to share some of my cultural traits with other people around the world knowing I am giving a unique experience so that combines nicely. I never downright expected anything in return except for a thank you I received the package ie. my main worry is arrival of package. Feedback would be nice, interesting, and fun but not required. I'm not fishing for it. Yes, it costed me a small fortune but for one I can afford it, second it is a hobby of mine to make such food and if I make a batch its often in large amount (I use professional equipment), and third I am confident of both the quality of my home made product as well as the local products I send. I know the receiver will appreciate the gift. The point being, the content and message are valuable. And when I reveived a package back, the chance I did send another one along was higher. But this has nothing to do with trying to hit on because I'm already commited, some of these people were family members, some of these people were commited as well, and many of these people were of same gender. So really, you can look too much into it when it is just friendship, an act of kindness.

---------- Post added 2013-02-04 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dancing Turkey View Post
    I have many male friends, really good male friends, I'm in my 30's for crying out loud! lol, if thats the case then it's never been shown and I'm sure I'd have picked up on it, I'm practically married and have bee for 10 years, he knows this, and talks to my hubby. I hope this sin't the case, as I wouldn't want to hurt him at all. But if it's never shown or brought up, then what can you do? I take it at face value, we're friends, we like each other, we like spending time together, and we have alot in common, and know we can trust one another and be there for each other when we need help/advice or just someone to listen, thats what I call a great friend!
    I fully agree and can underline, and really if you got no indication of otherwise, why think of it in such a negative way? It seems like people here cannot fathom two people of the opposite gender having a friendship but it tells more about them than about you or me.