Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
... LastLast
  1. #261
    The Lightbringer MasterHamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,945
    Lol.
    I like this source.
    Why didn't he consider China? Are there still people who think there's 9-10 million players in the US/EU alone?
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

  2. #262
    Scarab Lord Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    4,417
    I hope subcription numbers have increased since the launch of MoP, but yeah a lot of people were bitching about 'forced' content and having to do too many dailys (which are optional), so considering that there's hype for the next patch, I'd say we'll see a small increase. Maybe 10 millions.
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

  3. #263
    The Lightbringer MasterHamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I hope subcription numbers have increased since the launch of MoP, but yeah a lot of people were bitching about 'forced' content and having to do too many dailys (which are optional), so considering that there's hype for the next patch, I'd say we'll see a small increase. Maybe 10 millions.
    Evidently it doesn't matter if it increases, remain steady or faces a slight loss.
    Those who want to use such arbitrary numbers as evidence for whatever aspect of the game they're currently not satisfied with are going to twist it anyway, see post 245
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

  4. #264
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Evidently it doesn't matter if it increases, remain steady or faces a slight loss.
    Those who want to use such arbitrary numbers as evidence for whatever aspect of the game they're currently not satisfied with are going to twist it anyway, see post 245
    What does my post have to do with twisting anything? Or using arbitrary numbers?

  5. #265
    Scarab Lord Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    4,417
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Evidently it doesn't matter if it increases, remain steady or faces a slight loss.
    Those who want to use such arbitrary numbers as evidence for whatever aspect of the game they're currently not satisfied with are going to twist it anyway, see post 245
    Wrong, I want WoW to be successful and thus I like high subscription numbers. If numbers drop, Blizzard has less money, less money means a decrease of quality.
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    That's an amazingly bold claim. I'd like to think that when numbers are steadily dropping, it isn't the case. Again, I have no current proof that the numbers are in decline, but I firmly believe they are based on my own observations. We'll find out shortly.

    Also, for the ones absolutely happy with the current game, I'm happy they are happy. However, I'm not happy with a sub-optimal product.
    That's great. You are welcome to have your own opinion and voice it but realize this; your opinion is yours and yours alone and you speak for no one else but yourself. Again just because you have problems with the game doesn't mean everyone else does and what you consider to be broken many other players may consider it to be a good thing.

  7. #267
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    That's great. You are welcome to have your own opinion and voice it but realize this; your opinion is yours and yours alone and you speak for no one else but yourself. Again just because you have problems with the game doesn't mean everyone else does and what you consider to be broken many other players may consider it to be a good thing.
    You can't honestly believe broken balance in PvP is a good thing can you? I don't think anyone can honestly say PvP is balanced right now and mean it. Same goes for classes in a PvE setting.

    Now whether or not you're bothered by these balances is a different story, however having things balanced (Perfect balance is never going to happen) could only make the game better on all levels.

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    What does my post have to do with twisting anything? Or using arbitrary numbers?
    Your numbers are arbitrary because they are based on conjecture and not fact. You don't work for Blizzard so I will take their word over a jaded bitter player any day.

  9. #269
    Clicked on this topic just to report it for trolling...

    get a life people
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

  10. #270
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Wrong, I want WoW to be successful and thus I like high subscription numbers. If numbers drop, Blizzard has less money, less money means a decrease of quality.
    Because putting out a crappy product simply because there are less people buying it is a solid business plan right?

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Your numbers are arbitrary because they are based on conjecture and not fact. You don't work for Blizzard so I will take their word over a jaded bitter player any day.
    I still don't even know what numbers I used to state any facts or evidence. All I said is what I'm predicting and am more than happy for it to be wrong.

    I also don't even understand where I came off as jaded or bitter, especially since I stated I still do find enjoyment in the game.

    If anyone is twisting...

  12. #272
    Scarab Lord Taftvalue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    somewhere in the desert
    Posts
    4,417
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because putting out a crappy product simply because there are less people buying it is a solid business plan right?
    No, but if you have less resources, your product's quality will inevitably suffer.
    You kill or you die. Or you die and you kill.
    Tell them only that the Lich King is dead and that World of Warcraft died with him.

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    You can't honestly believe broken balance in PvP is a good thing can you? I don't think anyone can honestly say PvP is balanced right now and mean it. Same goes for classes in a PvE setting.
    Unbalanced PvP is universal when it comes to MMOs.
    And for the PvE setting it's really all opinionated.

  14. #274
    The Lightbringer MasterHamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Wrong, I want WoW to be successful and thus I like high subscription numbers. If numbers drop, Blizzard has less money, less money means a decrease of quality.
    I meant that it doesn't matter how subs changed, it'll be twisted to claim the game is getting worse regardless.

    Someone doesn't like the new raids. No matter how the sub numbers will change he can twist those numbers into an argument about declining quality.

    You can't honestly believe broken balance in PvP is a good thing can you? I don't think anyone can honestly say PvP is balanced right now and mean it. Same goes for classes in a PvE setting.
    Name one point in the game's history when PvP balance wasn't broken :3
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

  15. #275
    I predict that subs are up, I base this on the fact that two people I know have come back to WoW. I feel WoW is very busy atm, I have queues on my server in the evenings and have massive lag in Org.

  16. #276
    The Insane Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Twitch & Youtube
    Posts
    18,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Blapis View Post
    9 million by Blizzard (which actually means 5.5 million without lies).

    Based on http://wow.realmpop.com/

    EU: 2,921,261 Characters from level 86-90 (many of them alts, and some of them already unsubbed)
    US: 2,663,053 Characters from level 86-90 (many of them alts, and some of them already unsubbed)
    Mmhm, because you know that 4 million accounts reported do not in fact exist...
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

    If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post

    Name one point in the game's history when PvP balance wasn't broken :3
    I find it funny you try and make that point knowing full well it's a strawman, and even me insisting perfect balance is impossible. However Balance was much closer in the game's history, than it is now.

  18. #278
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    I find it funny you try and make that point knowing full well it's a strawman, and even me insisting perfect balance is impossible. However Balance was much closer in the game's history, than it is now.
    And can you give clear factual evidence to support your claim?

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    And can you give clear factual evidence to support your claim?
    That balance has been better in previous installments? Yes.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=51#1020

    Ghostcrawler acknowledges the poor balancing of the expansion and tried to adjust it, but it fell through because a certain class/spec might become overpowered due to it. He basically says "The path we're on isn't a good path in terms of design" by saying:

    We think the continual arms race between instant spells, silences and silence immunity isn't good for the long term health of PvP. It is a shift we still plan to make, but we don't think patch 5.2 is the right time to make it.
    OR

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2551279 where Ghostcrawler admits the race between short CD interrupts vs casted spells and countering it by adding in more instant spells isn't great design, which lead to his current stance on it.

    People didn't complain about the absurd amount of interrupts so much in BC/Wrath, and casters without all of these instant huge damaging spells or moving while casting played just fine then.

    So yes, there are sources to back up my claim about PvP currently going to hell in a hand basket.

  20. #280
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    That balance has been better in previous installments? Yes.

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5?page=51#1020

    Ghostcrawler acknowledges the poor balancing of the expansion and tried to adjust it, but it fell through because a certain class/spec might become overpowered due to it. He basically says "The path we're on isn't a good path in terms of design" by saying:



    OR

    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2551279 where Ghostcrawler admits the race between short CD interrupts vs casted spells and countering it by adding in more instant spells isn't great design, which lead to his current stance on it.
    No where in Ghostcrawler's post says that PvP balance is worse than past installments. You are twisting the words of the Blue.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •