Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    Wrong, this is an INDUSTRY discussion about how WOW subscriptions are doing in what has turned to into a FREE to play industry for 99% of the cases.

As such it is WRONG you continue to AVOIDthe fact that the BIGGEST subscription based Fantasy games turned into a FREE to play model over the last 2 years ...

Now why would anyone want to discuss 9.5M, 10M, 10.5 M subscription numbers IF the rest of the MMO's ALREADY abondened their paid subscriptions in the first place ?

--- To see that WOW would "decline"? How could they, they are the ONLY ones left with above 400K subs ???

THESE discuission would be meaningful if you'd be in a position of 2010 ... where everything as an AAA MMORPG still had subscriptions.

But apparently you and a LOT of others are still in their winter sleep.

Here: I show you the truth...

http://mmodata.blogspot.be/

Now look at that UPDATE date: AUGUST 29 ... 2012.

Not one single update anymore.

the reason is simple: subscriptions are gone in 95% of the cases .

How the fuck is he not infracted for non stop derailing trying to make it game vs game? He been warned by a mod once already in this thread

Other games and F2P model has nothing to do with Subscription predictions for next quarter

stop trying to derail it Benbos

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post

The first hit for 12m subs was on the cusp of 2009, between patch 3.0.3 and 3.0.8 (both WotLK prep patches), and then hit 12m again around October 2010, patch 4.0.1, the Cataclysm prep patch.

Pretty sure that made WotLK the best expansion ever. However, to those that think that subs are going to drop to 9m, the last time that happened was mid-2007: Patch 2.1.0 (the Black Temple) had only been out for a month.

Was WoW dead during 2.1.0?
    I'm rather sure you're not silly enough to believe that. The gain from 11.5mil to 12mil was because people expected something new and got smacked in the face. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed WotLK but except for Ulduar I enjoyed it for the people I played it with and not the content. In the BT patch, subs didn't drop to 9mil, the were rising to 9mil, there's a slight difference. WotLK was actually the first expansion WoW started losing people (some to being burnt out because of playing too much in the past years, some didn't enjoy the content, etc). WotLK was only launched in Asia around sept 2010 when we were getting Cataclysm so that's what saved the numbers.

That being said, I really don't give a rats ass how many people play a game as long as I enjoy playing it. I'm just allergic to bullshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichifails View Post
    I'm rather sure you're not silly enough to believe that. The gain from 11.5mil to 12mil was because people expected something new and got smacked in the face. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed WotLK but except for Ulduar I enjoyed it for the people I played it with and not the content. In the BT patch, subs didn't drop to 9mil, the were rising to 9mil, there's a slight difference. WotLK was actually the first expansion WoW started losing people (some to being burnt out because of playing too much in the past years, some didn't enjoy the content, etc). WotLK was only launched in Asia around sept 2010 when we were getting Cataclysm so that's what saved the numbers.

That being said, I really don't give a rats ass how many people play a game as long as I enjoy playing it. I'm just allergic to bullshit.
    Bullshit.

Blizzard did not start reporting any sub losses till after cata.

WOTLK was the peak for subs.

Wrong, this is an INDUSTRY discussion about how WOW subscriptions are doing in what has turned to into a FREE to play industry for 99% of the cases.

As such it is WRONG you continue to AVOID the fact that the BIGGEST subscription based Fantasy games turned into a FREE to play model over the last 2 years ...

Now why would anyone want to discuss 9.5M, 10M, 10.5 M subscription numbers IF the rest of the MMO's ALREADY abondened their paid subscriptions in the first place ?

---> To see that WOW would "decline"? How could they, they are the ONLY ones left with above 400K subs ???

THESE discussion would be meaningful if you'd be in a position of 2010 ... where everything as an AAA MMORPG still had subscriptions.

But apparently you and a LOT of others are still in their winter sleep.

----

Here: I show you the truth...

http://mmodata.blogspot.be/

Now look at that UPDATE date: AUGUST 29 ... 2012.

Not one single update anymore.

the reason is simple: subscriptions are gone in 95% of the cases,
    This thread is about the sub numbers of WOW not any other game the clue is in the name of the forum it is posted in. For some unknown reason you seem determined to turn it into some form of game vs game argument. Other games going free to play has no bearing on this report.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Bullshit.

In fairness they did report small loses during WOTLK it is detailed in this post;

http://mmodata.blogspot.be/2010/07/s...w-numbers.html

There is also evidence in falling activity that the launch of WOTLK in China covered the losses in the Western market.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-02-03 at 07:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This thread is about the sub numbers of WOW not any other game the clue is in the name of the forum it is posted in. For some unknown reason you seem determined to turn it into some form of game vs game argument. Other games going free to play has no bearing on this report.

The mod allready warned him once to stop.

How the fuck is he not infracted for non stop derailing trying to make it game vs game? He been warned by a mod once already in this thread

Other games and F2P model has nothing to do with Subscription predictions for next quarter

So how many times you tried to click on the report button to see the TRUTH:

WOW subscriptions are directly related to what was going on in this MMORPG industry: subscription based MMO's went free to PLAY and so the subscriptions of WOW are under pressure in this new "world of free to play MMo's".

Nah, learn to see it the intelligent way of how predicting subscriptions are set in this INDUSTRY as a whole.

WOW Subscriptions of 2010 were set in a world where the industry was subscription based by default,

2012/2013 WOW subscriptions are set in a world where the industry is set as FREE to PLAY by default.

BIG difference to evaluate.

Much more influence than any moaning or QQ about a class nerf actually. I guess you know that, you just want to not see the whole economy picture and discuss the "little things" to moan about (which are effectively trivial at best).

If ANY moderator with a brain would want to stop me for giving the general analysis of WOW subscriptions within this changed industry, I think he should think twice.

IN game trivial nerfs are inferior to a changing overall industry.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-03 at 07:06 PM.

Bullshit.

According to that graph, Subs started Declining at the start of '09, which is before Cataclysm. That again, is simply going off of that graph.

10+ Year Old Account
    So how many times you tried to click on the report button to see the TRUTH:

WOW subscriptions are directly related to what was going on in this MMORPG industry: subscription based MMO's went free to PLAY and so the subscriptions of WOW are under pressure in this new "world of free to play MMo's".

Nah, learn to see it the intelligent way of how predicting subscriptions are set in this INDUSTRY as a whole.

WOW Subscriptions of 2010 were set in a world where the industry was subscription based by default,

2012/2013 WOW subscriptions are set in a world where the industry is set as FREE to PLAY by default.

BIG difference to evaluate.

Much more influence than any moaning or QQ about a class nerf actually. I guess you know that, you just want to not see the whole economy picture.

Well

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Markets aren't the same thing as other game titles and speculation about game specifics which generally aren't available isn't overly useful.

Since I asked nicely, I'm sure you will find a way.

Right there a mod tells you no

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 11:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfingaz View Post
    According to that graph, Subs started Declining at the start of '09, which is before Cataclysm. That again, is simply going off of that graph.
    Teh graph as pointed out is fan made and not from a credible source. Blizzard did not start to report sub loss till after cata but during wotlk keep reporting sub gains
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-02-03 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm rather sure you're not silly enough to believe that.
    I actually believe that. BC was far to inaccessible for anyone not doing Karazhan, Cata locked out casuals and PuGs from content as low as heroics until LFR and shorter dungeons were released. Naxx was more than enough content for everyone, Ulduar was by far the best set-up raid WoW's had, running from zone content to raid content, Trial of the Crusade had Faction Champs ('nuff said), and we finally finished the storyline we started back in earlier Warcraft games by killing Arthas.
    WotLK was actually the first expansion WoW started losing people (some to being burnt out because of playing too much in the past years, some didn't enjoy the content, etc).
    WotLK started with 12m and ended with 12m. I don't see how that's "losing people".
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Teh graph as pointed out is fan made and not from a credible source. Blizzard did not start to report sub loss till after cata but during wotlk keep reporting sub gains
    The blog author details his sources in this post;

10+ Year Old Account
    I predict the sub count is 1.

I am the only real player. Everyone else is either a bot, Blizzard employee, or very well programmed NPC.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The blog author details his sources in this post;

I would not say his sources are that credible either

More bullshit from benbos
    Wrong the title of this thread is "Subscription predictions for next quarter!" and its about WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

No one said shit about wow vs "game title here"

All you do is come into theads white knighting wow and bashing other games. Why in the hell as a mod not banned you yet.

I have been banned for far less then what you have done.

No one in this thread gives a shit about other games.

This is a thread about WOW subscription and only WOW subscription stop derailing threads just because you don't like them.

and to be clear I have reported you.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 07:15 PM ----------

that is all he dose and yet mods have not stepped in and banned him is total bullshit. I have been banned for far less then what he dose and I have reported him many times.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post

that is all he dose and yet mods have not stepped in and banned him is total bullshit. I have been banned for far less then what he dose and I have reported him many times.

I am starting to notice that as well. he done it to like 4 threads and I report him nothing happens.

ICC was out for a full year and at the end of WOTLK wow gained 500k subs the lose in subs did not happen until Cata.

In wows livetime at every moment it has lost and gained subs but in cata it didn't gain any.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-02-03 at 07:21 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Wrong the title of this thread is "Subscription predictions for next quarter!" and its about WORLD OF WARCRAFT.

No one said shit about wow vs "game title here"

All you do is come into theads white knighting wow and bashing other games. Why in the hell as a mod not banned you yet.

I have been banned for far less then what you have done.

No one in this thread gives a shit about other games.

This is a thread about WOW subscription and only WOW subscription stop derailing threads just because you don't like them.

and to be clear I have reported you.
    This is a discussion of WOW subscriptions set in the MMO industry. As such WOW subscriptions can not be dissussed without looking at the fact almost everything went FREE to play in this idustry.

2010/ WOW subscriptions were 12.000.000 in a world where paid subscriptions were STANDARD in AAA MMO's.
    2013 / WOW subscriptions have to COMPETE in a world where FREE to PLAY is the new standard.

As such this change in the industry deserves to be mentioned AND defended in this thread

I can imagine that most reknown WOW haters don't like me. I defend this game against them by showing the posters an overall industry view and EVIDENT fact WOW subscriptions are influenced by this change in the industry.
    Last edited by BenBos; 2013-02-03 at 07:20 PM.

I am starting to notice that as well. he done it to like 4 threads and I report him nothing happens.
    every single thread that has anything bad to say about WOW/D3 he steps in ignore's everything and posts random shit.

as I said I have been banned for far less then what he dose.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 07:19 PM ----------

This is a discussion of WOW subscriptions set in the MMO industry.
    WOW subscriptions and the MMO industry are 2 different things stop trying to derail the fucken thread so it gets closed.

This thread is about WOW subs and only WOW subs not F2p other mmos and not about the MMO industry itself.

stop your white knighting bullshit it has gotten old. In every single D3/WOW thread you have to pop in and stop a flame war and bring other games into it when it had nothing to do with them.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2013-02-03 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    every single thread that has anything bad to say about WOW/D3 he steps in ignore's everything and posts random shit.

as I said I have been banned for far less then what he dose.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 07:19 PM ----------

WOW subscriptions and the MMO industry are 2 different things stop trying to derail the fucken thread so it gets closed.

This thread is about WOW subs and only WOW subs not F2p other mmos and not about the MMO industry itself.

I got infracted for far less than what he does as well. Real question is how doe she get away with it

This is a discussion of WOW subscriptions set in the MMO industry. As such WOW subscriptions can not be dissussed without looking at the fact almost everything went FREE to play in this idustry.

2010/ WOW subscriptions were 12.000.000 in a world where paid subscriptions were STANDARD in AAA MMO's.
    2013 / WOW subscriptions have to COMPETE in a world where FREE to PLAY is the new standard.

As such this change in the industry deserves to be mentioned AND defended in this thread.
    You're annoying, and wrong for that matter. Stop thread shitting.

More on topic, I don't know why people get their panties in a knot over subscriptions; either way, you'll never see these numbers in game. EU/US have separate servers, as does China.

Why does any of this matter when you'll only ever see half these numbers, if that.

I'll never understand why posters like BenBos make it their life's work to zealously defend a game, while putting down everyone else. Just play what you want and have fun.

I would not say his sources are that credible either
    Considering his sources include quotes from Mike Morhaime, Blizzard, Vivendi and The Guinness Book of Records I think they are as credible as we are going to get. There is some evidence in the form of falling activity that towards the end of WOTLK that the release of WOTLK in China offset the loses in Western subs.