Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
12
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i doubt it would be lower than 9. i personally want them to stay the same.

    when they go up: "PFFFFFTTT EVERYONE KNOWS 99.9% OF PLAYERS ARE FROM CHINA"
    More like 60% but close.

  2. #22
    I am Murloc! Airwaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia! G-day Mate!... (We don't really speak like that)
    Posts
    5,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    People that hate the game think so. It makes them feel better. In a few days it'll be hilarious, if subs stay the same, they wont make 1 thread XD.
    If I wasn't on my iPad I would link 40+ threads already about the same thing.

  3. #23
    Herald of the Titans Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,756
    What does it matter for us MMO-Champion posters? If they decrease, we'll have a swarm of threads saying how "we were right, WoW is dying/declining/whatever". If they stay the same or increase, the same people who would have jumped on the "it's dying" bandwagon will justify the numbers with "China, kids and Annual Pass leftovers". Whatever happens, you'll twist it to fit your argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why does it not matter?
    Because all that does matter is your personal enjoyment you get while playing.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotai View Post
    Because it's of no influence on the game and because the majority (probably 95% if I'd have to say a number) is not an investor and is therefor not affected.
    if sub numbers dropped by a million, i guarantee you there would be an influence on the game. because investors wouldnt be happy at a company that saw 10% of its customers walk away and did nothing. the problem is at this stage there is no certainty that what Blizzard would try to do to stem to fall would actually be good, in gameplay terms. a lot of the knee-jerk things they did in Cata actually ended up making it worse, imo.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.

    The volume of new game features and content in MoP is a direct consequence of people cancelling subscriptions during Cataclysm. You're welcome.

  6. #26
    I predict there is 100 million active subcribers. I might be wrong tho.

  7. #27
    Titan Kangodo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I predict there is 100 million active subcribers. I might be wrong tho.
    I raise you with a billion subs!

  8. #28
    Epic! dacoolist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In front of the computer - Naked
    Posts
    1,544
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    i doubt it would be lower than 9. i personally want them to stay the same.

    when they go up: "PFFFFFTTT EVERYONE KNOWS 99.9% OF PLAYERS ARE FROM CHINA"

    when they go down: "SEE SEE EVEREH ONES IN TEH WES THINK THIS GAIMES SUKS NAO BC WAS BES NOOBS"

    when they stay the same: "meh nothin to see here"
    Exactly ^^

    It's funny - it's always the negative. --> I foresee about a 500,000 drop. 9.6 million left next quarter.

    At the END OF MOP though -> I foresee about 8 million left.

    Game will be like over 9 years old at this point... Remember HALO 1??? Yea - you probably don't

  9. #29
    The Lightbringer malletin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    denmark
    Posts
    3,179
    i expect a small drop, mostly because the way the daily reps was set up put some people off ( i am not one of those so this is not a omg i hate dailies complaint )
    "any man shaving for a woman should relinquish ownership of his testicles aswell"

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    wow would be profitable at 500k subs. in fact that was there one and only goal when it came out "if it gets to 500k we know weve made it"

    the only impact it would have on the game if subs got really low is that content might come out a little slower and realms would have to be merged but as long as its profitable blizzard will continue to make expansions and content for it
    However their production budget is not based off of 500k subs. They can do a lot more with the revenues brought in now than they could with 500k. Yes it could still be profitable but what what expense? Also, source that quote please. EQ barely had 350k The hoped it could be as big as EQ. If they needed WoW to be bigger than EQ that would have been a bad business decision. SWTOR was the only game in recent memory that claimed it needed a specific amount of subs to be profitable.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 06:00 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    More like 60% but close.
    Asian markets were 60% of total accounts at 12M. Most of the acounts lost were Asian accounts. I would easily put Asian accounts at 505 or slightly under. Again how does that matter?

  11. #31
    Legendary! Evil Inside's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Down Under
    Posts
    6,993
    I'd say its gonna stay the same, or maybe go up by a few 100k or so. I dont really see why people care about this though.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

    Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

  12. #32
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,523
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Personally I think the newness of Pandaria has faded off and subscriptions are going to be in decline. I predict 8.5million subs, that means 1.5million lost.
    Oh. It's you, sandmoth. Still hate WoW I see.

    Anyways nah. Maybe around a 500k loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  13. #33
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,792
    10 million or a little less

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    if sub numbers dropped by a million, i guarantee you there would be an influence on the game. because investors wouldnt be happy at a company that saw 10% of its customers walk away and did nothing. the problem is at this stage there is no certainty that what Blizzard would try to do to stem to fall would actually be good, in gameplay terms. a lot of the knee-jerk things they did in Cata actually ended up making it worse, imo.

    Funny they had nothing bad to say when WoW lost nearly 25% of its customers over 4 quarters after Cata launched. Investors look for profitability and WoW + Blizzard products make ActivisionBlizzard profitable. A drop in subs unless it is a significant portion that would hurt the bottom line mean nothing.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Do we really need ANOTHER one of these threads?
    Still beats the insane amount of Garrosh threads.

    Anyway, my personal bet is about 300-500k losses. Then again, during DS in Cata I expected the same amount, but it dropped by 1.1 million.

    The newness of MoP has faded away by now, there must be a loss atleast.

  16. #36
    I bet you're not really basing this on anything.

  17. #37
    Fluffy Kitten Millennía's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,579
    Considering this is for the last quarter of 2012 and MoP had recently been released + Christmas holidays - I would say there would be a small increase of maybe 100-200k subs

  18. #38
    In the US it went from 25k raiding guilds in Cata down to less than 15k guilds now. That's a 40% drop right there.

    But I heard they gave MoP to every D3 player along with a free month so who knows what the numbers will look like.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennía View Post
    Considering this is for the last quarter of 2012 and MoP had recently been released + Christmas holidays - I would say there would be a small increase of maybe 100-200k subs
    This was going to be my point too.

    Also, not everyone buys the expansion as soon as it comes out or rushes through every last bit of content as quickly as they can. Hell, I haven't even bothered starting normal raids yet.

    Still, I don't know why people can't just wait a few days and find out the real number for themselves.

    Sometimes updated...

  20. #40
    I'd probably say 9-10mil. Can't remember what the last sub numbers were.

    To people wondering why it's important; people like to know whether other people are doing the same thing as they are.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •