Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    where were they hiring people to put ingame ads in a new MMO? Where did they say they were connecting Titan to facebook? Where did they say it would be a ´drop in drop out´ type of game?

You make 4 statements, 1 of which is common sense ( they don´t want to compete with WOW) and then 3 others that are not from Blizzard at all... and then make those 3 false statements proof that your comment is correct? Blizzard never said those things.
    the first one was from awhile back on the "blizzard is hiring page" which specifically said looking for people who know how to code ads into video games for an mmo. obviously wow is their golden cow and doesnt need ads.

the other three are all from various interviews most during blizzcons.

simply doing a google will eventually bring you to most of them ive pointed these things out in titan threads many times before. also let me remind you that there is no such thing as a hardcore raider in wow. wow was specifically designed to be the easiest mmo since inception
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    What happens if it's not and it's on a study rise from 10 million?

What if by the end of Mists the subscriber base is around 12 million again?

And don't say "It won't" because neither of us know it will or not.

Because I know you vehemently dislike WoW, Killidan. I'm just curious as to what happens if you're wrong.
    I would be surprised. That's all. I think it is very, very unlikely WoW will hit 12M during MOP.

For the record, I do not vehemently dislike WoW. I do dislike MOP.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    We don't know that.

For all we know, Blizzard could introduce as a feature servers that cater to specific expansions.
    Vanilla, TBC, WotLK servers? I would come back to WoW permanently. That would make me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by killidan View Post
    I would be surprised. That's all. I think it is very, very unlikely WoW will hit 12M during MOP.

For the record, I do not vehemently dislike WoW. I do dislike MOP.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 03:46 AM ----------

Vanilla, TBC, WotLK servers? I would come back to WoW permanently. That would make me very happy.
    no you wouldnt. if it were true you would be playing on a you know what 24/7. what would really happen is you would play one for maybe a few months realize you arent EVER getting any new content and say "why the hell did i ever want this" and then gary oak would come flying in on a zapdos and say "NOSTALGIA @_@"
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by sandmoth12 View Post
    Why does it not matter?
    doesn't affect me at all

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no you wouldnt. if it were true you would be playing on a you know what 24/7. what would really happen is you would play one for maybe a few months realize you arent EVER getting any new content and say "why the hell did i ever want this" and then gary oak would come flying in on a zapdos and say "NOSTALGIA @_@"
    Thanks for telling me what lies in my future. You are so smart. You must know me very well, better than myself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sznur View Post
    When WoW had 12M my server had very healthy population with many riding, pvp and RP guilds (its PvP-RP server). Now that WoW has 10M my server has one raiding guild that does heroic content, pvpers and rpers moved long time ago. So in my case sub numbers kinda matters.
    Im sorry but just cus your perticular server had this effect going on and it happened to occur alongside sub losses, does not mean that its directly related.

I've seen servers die and rise since launch and mostly its due to transfers :P

All ques on my server are below the 30 min mark, even at 4 am in the morning, so I'd say the population is just fine.

Thanks for telling me what lies in my future. You are so smart. You must know me very well, better than myself.
    unless you're one of those people content to play the same game over and over again or watch the same reruns of a show over and over again then its very unlikely im wrong.

theres only so many times you could run black temple or molten core before you realize that all you wanted was something that isnt attainable

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    unless you're one of those people content to play the same game over and over again or watch the same reruns of a show over and over again then its very unlikely im wrong.

theres only so many times you could run black temple or molten core before you realize that all you wanted was something that isnt attainable
    Very unlikely you are wrong? lol. I won't press any further as I don't want to be banned.

Those expansions were hard and took long time to clear, they were not facerolls. There was no easy shit normal mode or LFD/LFR. So, yes it would take me long time to play through three expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yet back in the day we didn't have the stuff we had today, We were still new to raiding it wasn't until Wrath that it started to become veterans. Raiding was only hard back due to many factors that differ from today. We didn't have DBM big wigs until around Sun Well. You got hit like a truck and barely had to move in old raids, it was basically avoid standing in sit & your good.

A great interview by Method on Method explains it all: http://manaflask.com/en/article/2038...gm-and-members

Raiding is still hard as ever its just were seasoned vets will all these utilities / website / tests / addons at are disposal it just makes things easier. Yet without those addons it would be just like back in the day just alot more things to avoid and more diffcult to down a boss. The whole Vanilla / TBC raiding was hard doesn't work when you actually experienced it first hand & understand the true difference from today and back than, That back than we didn't have those addons in Molten Core.

Addons & all are other utilities / sources make raiding easier, yet the raids would be just as hard or more difficult without it all. Expanding to allow casuals get a taste of raid content in there own enviroment is not cause Blizzard wants its called adapting to the ever changing market.

The old model is long gone people who can't seem to forget about is also called nostalgia @_@, but I also think these people never experienced it cause if they hated the current model.

why havn't they quit like others have in the past?
    why they do they continue to fight ??
    why havn't they refuse adapted & accept the new model ???

Why do you ask, cause the P2P market / Hardcore market is dieing in MMOs. Blizzard is a company and it goals is to make money LIKE ANY OTHER COMPANY OUT THERE They adapt to what makes them money, the green stuff $$$ & there doing a dam good job too. The days of hardcore is over as much as I hate it & despise it, I learned to move on and accept it. The only way to can continue those hardcore ways is if you put the time & dedication for it, the time many of us no longer have that we had maybe 5-7 years ago, An would love to continue to play the game & get a taste of that we still love to do, but now can on are own schedule makes it even more enjoyable. Yes I wish people would put more time in to learn & better themselves as a player, but that would never happen, even though it takes 5 mins to look up anything about your class & know about it from once again are sources & utilities that we today that we didn't have back than. Most of are seasoned veterans in raiding and it just something that comes to us, they weren't like that when we were new or rookies to it.

Time changes, things changes & people need to move in a forward motion, stopping looking backwards only forwards. Keep those memories close to your heart and allow those who don't have those memories to gain there own memories & let them enjoy them as long as they last as what we once had & did aswell.

Oh btw, WoW could have 3 mill subs & 10/15 servers I would still play aslong as I enjoy the game. To me I give 0 ***** about subs numbers cause it doesn't affect me or my enjoyment, its doesn't affect people who play Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TERA, Aion, The Secert World, Lord of the Rings Online, Warhammer Online, DCUO, Age of Conan or Eve Online. They continue to love & support there games and I will continue to support WoW even if drops to 3 Mill which would still take 4-6 years to even happen as there many factors why people come back to check stuff out, unsub / resub. Haters will be haters for aslong as it lives & proclaim the end of WoW like people continue to proclaim the end of World as we know it.

But in reality even when WoW goes in future, it will always be around on private servers / websites & in are hearts. As it may not be as great to some people it is still the same great game to old & new players it will be still be the most successful game & franchise on this planet. No matter what anyone says nothing can change that. It will forever be know as the Immortal Juggernaut of MMOs. You can't deny that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMXLmyAJV8 - I was listening to this off a stream I was watching it was great.

What if Blizzard never made WoW where would MMOs be today? Not in the same place as they are today, as most of them wouldn't exist without WoW just like WoW woudn't exist without EQ as some say.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-02-03 at 05:39 AM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Those expansions were hard and took long time to clear, they were not facerolls. There was no easy shit normal mode or LFD/LFR. So, yes it would take me long time to play through three expansions.
    Yet there are choices for you to play that level of "difficulty" (even though those expansions were not hard). Just because you never cleared any heroic mode raid in MoP doesn't mean it's easier.
    Ps: LFD/LFR are there for the huge % of people that couldn't raid.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    Why the hell do people care about this so damn much? Seriously get over yourself if you play a game based on its sub numbers.

OT: I don't really no but I guess the numbers will be the same?
    People don't actually play the game because X number of other people are playing it. These types of threads are equivalent to asking "Does anyone else feel like WoW is in decline?" It's a simple sanity check: sometimes when you decide that you can no longer stand the game, you need to confirm that you're not the only one feeling that way.

Since Blizzard hasn't been pushing any campaigns to draw back old customers, I'd estimate only a fairly minor sub loss this time around, maybe 250,000. Based on my enjoyment of MoP, I believe Q3 2012 (right after the expansion was released) will be the high point for subscriber numbers this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey look, this thread again.

I'm going to say the naysayers are wrong. WoW's numbers have either held steady or gone up since the release of Mists. I am basing this on personal observation alone, that being that more of my real life and in game friends have come back to the game in the last 2 months and are enjoying the hell out of it (most of these friends being people that started playing back in Vanilla or BC).

Also, I am confident that when 5.2 drops, people are going to be very happy with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am going take a jab at guessing this when we find out their was a decline in subs the fanbois will say "people will resub with 5.2 they are just bored", "We still have X million", "Other games wish they had x million", ETC

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    I am going take a jab at guessing this when we find out their was a decline in subs the fanbois will say "people will resub with 5.2 they are just bored", "We still have X million", "Other games wish they had x million", ETC
    You speak as if there will be a decrease in subs. Overconfidence can hurt a man. And if there is a increase in subs all the haters will be silent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    You speak as if there will be a decrease in subs. Overconfidence can hurt a man. And if there is a increase in subs all the haters will be silent.
    No they won't. Nothing is more belligerent than the haters that keep feeding into it by either playing and bitching about it or not playing and continuing to read up on things on the various forums and still trying to have a say in things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    No they won't. Nothing is more belligerent than the haters that keep feeding into it by either playing and bitching about it or not playing and continuing to read up on things on the various forums and still trying to have a say in things.
    Well I can hope can't I?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can hope can't I?
    Yes, yes we can, haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    vocal

Well I would say the new xpac honeymoon is over but we will see the 7th.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lakrin View Post
    The fanboys, Wow addicts, wow Zelots, blizzard asskissers, wow lovers whatever you want to call them are just a belligerent as the haters and way more vocal
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-02-03 at 06:00 AM. Reason: spelling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    Titan is ´rumored´to be f2p? haha, by whom, all the people who can´t afford $15 per month? There is NO WAY Blizzard would create a MMO and launch it f2p. Remember, Titan was planned when WOW really became runaway successful.. when it was going from 2 to 6M players seemingly over night. I have no doubt, and would bet $100 on the fact that Titan is going to be COD in space with a $15/month subscription. It will definitely be a FPS and will have a theme drastically different than WOW, that way there is no cannablising. Basically Activision looked at all those COD players and said ´wouldn´t it be great if we had them paying $15 per month like the 6M WOW players do.´ My only doubt about Titan is if it will be sci-fi based (laser type weapons) of it will be more modern-type weaponry like CoD.
    Blizzard said that titan was an mmorpg not and mmofps. I believe it was Morhaime.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    The fanboys, Wow addicts, wow Zelots, blizzard asskissers, wow lovers whatever you want to call them are just a belligerent as the haters and way more vocal
    You're kidding me right? We get hate threads every week on these forums and barely a "WoW love" thread once a month. Negativity is more louder than the pleased.