Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you actually took the time to read, you would have seen that they take synergy with arcane charges, for one.

I'm done with this thread. People have a hard time reading and understanding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    If you actually took the time to read, you would have seen that they take synergy with arcane charges, for one.

I'm done with this thread. People have a hard time reading and understanding.
    Trying to claim that Fire is an 'advanced' spec when really the hardest part of it is judging the right time to use Combustion (again, not very difficult) is the problem, not people's 'ability to read and understand'.

Fire is a spec in which damage output is gear-reliant, not skill reliant. The rotation is easy to learn, and the damage threshold between those who are less skilled and those who are more so is very slim, similar to Arcane during Cataclysm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Well, mirrors never did decent damage if not stacked with SP buffs, and you need to pop it before bloodlust. which can be a problem if raid is keeping bloodlust for execute phase.
    Well, thats wrong. Mirrors image scaling with SP/trinket or anything is just so low you shouldnt care about it. It still is our most DPET. (see this : http://pbrd.co/WXQSL1 )

The main reason you should use it pre-pull is because it triggers a GCD and you'll still be able to precast an AB/Pyro/Whatever before the tank pulls.
    Still, lots of mage dont use em at all and still think its just a panic button if you ever aggro the boss/adds.

There's also a lot of mage who still think AB is more damaging than AM, even "supposedly" skilled ones with lots of heroic HoF/Terrace kills.
    Last edited by mmoc70ab634a7b; 2013-02-05 at 12:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eihwaz View Post
    The main reason you should use it pre-pull is because it triggers a GCD and you'll still be able to precast an AB/Pyro/Whatever before the tank pulls.
    I still use mirrors during combat not on the pre-pull because I find it works better to use arcane power/icy veins during the gcd triggered by mirror images.

This is because using spells that don't trigger the gcd really doesn't work well with a 200ms latency.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    I still use mirrors during combat not on the pre-pull because I find it works better to use arcane power/icy veins during the gcd triggered by mirror images.

This is because using spells that don't trigger the gcd really doesn't work well with a 200ms latency.
    Didnt really understand why cause you would loose AP/AT uptime (AP/AT up without you casting), but if that works for you why not :P.

AB will be used roughly 10 second after combat (6 stacks + 2AM procs) so no worries there. I dont know about Icy veins since I dont play frost in raids.

You're talking about the second time we use images during combat ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Didnt really understand why cause you would loose AP/AT uptime (AP/AT up without you casting), but if that works for you why not :P.

AB will be used roughly 10 second after combat (6 stacks + 2AM procs) so no worries there. I dont know about Icy veins since I dont play frost in raids.

You're talking about the second time we use images during combat ?
    The problem is for some reason command queueing doesn't seem to work with spells off the gcd with my latency. When I use arcane power or icy veins without mirrors I have to wait half a second before I continue casting or it just doesn't work.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    The problem is for some reason command queueing doesn't seem to work with spells off the gcd with my latency. When I use arcane power or icy veins without mirrors I have to wait half a second before I continue casting or it just doesn't work.
    wow thats weird

Do you have AM macro'd into your AP/trinkets/etc.. too ?

So if you refresh NT, wait for the GCD, then push your macro, AM doesnt come out ?

10+ Year Old Account
    wow thats weird

Do you have AM macro'd into your AP/trinkets/etc.. too ?

So if you refresh NT, wait for the GCD, then push your macro, AM doesnt come out ?
    I haven't got around to making a macro yet as I don't have any trinkets and only play arcane for very little movement fights that we have on farm.

I can fix the problem with arcane with a macro but that wouldn't work for frost.

And just to clarify it's not the move after AP/icy veins that doesn't work, its AP/icy veins that doesn't work. I don't know if its because I spam my spells before they finish casting to counter the latency.
    Armory