Deleted

[Books] Trying to find a book.. (sci fi)

To be honest, I don't expect anyone to know this book but I really like to know what it was called. I only got to read a few chapters but it got lost when we moved and I was never able to find it. It was probably left behind.

What I know about it..

-The author was most likely russian as it took place in russia and the main characters had russian names
    -written before 2000, most likely before 1980 although I'm not sure.
    -there was at least 2 books or stories in the same universe, they were both in the single book but had different main characters
    -the first story was about an alien invasion where aliens took over people with some device that could insert or pull consciousness out of people or insert it (each person could hold up to 3, and the aliens took control over adults while younger than 18 took control of all). The consciousness, when extracted was a little marble sized ball
    -the main characters were 2 teens and an older female doctor.. could have been more.
    -the second book was about 2 different teens going to alien planet and taking alien bodies, probably by accident. I never read it so don't know much more though.

Not much to go on, I know.. I only know that book was translated into English, so the author couldn't have been that obscure.. still, it was a Russian name and hard to remember.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is it Roadside Picnic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadside_Picnic don't know why I thought of that book for some reason.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Is it Roadside Picnic
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadside_Picnic don't know why I thought of that book for some reason.
    I'm afraid not. The first book was kind of like Body Snatchers. The aliens just started replacing people and the plan was taking over by replacing the leadership (only they transplanted their consciousness into people, and didn't actually replace them, the original person was just suppressed)
    Also it took place in Russia and all the names were russian. The alien weapons were called blasters. Also one alien took control of a cat, I think:P

Oh and the aliens were some kind of galactic fascist empire who took over planets like that and integrated them in the empire.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-02-02 at 05:42 PM.

Is it "The Wanderer's House"? All I could find on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_up...ion#Literature

" a world where the minds are of three types and the more subtle level of minds can be uploaded to a body without removing the other mind it possesses - it just overrides some of its functions." Kind of sounded like it where you mentioned 3 levels or something.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Is it "The Wanderer's House"? All I could find on it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mind_up...ion#Literature

" a world where the minds are of three types and the more subtle level of minds can be uploaded to a body without removing the other mind it possesses - it just overrides some of its functions." Kind of sounded like it where you mentioned 3 levels or something.
    Could be.. the title sounds very familiar too. Any more info about that book?

Wow, thanks, that's it actually It's really hard to find any info about that book though.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 06:51 PM ----------

It's actually "House of the Wanderers" by Alexander Mirer, I found out where to order it as well. Only costs $4.50.

Thanks again Symphonic. I guess it's resolved then. Looking forward to reading it
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-02-02 at 06:15 PM.