1. #1

    At the moment, we've nerfed burst a little, healing a little...

    At the moment, we've nerfed burst a little, healing a little, and made some of the survivability mechanics less potent. We'll see how that feels.
    Minus 30% is a little healing nerf? Cool. I'll send in $10.50 next month instead of $15... you'll never miss it.

  2. #2
    I am Murloc! Fenixdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    5,971
    You're simply looking at the percentage and not what that translates into. Let's say your Renew in 5.1 ticks for about 19,000. In 5.2, it will tick for 13,300. Considering that you have over 400k health in PvP gear, easily, yes. That is a little nerf.

    Don't just look at the number that seems bigger and cry. Actually do some math and look into what that number really translates to. 30% is not as big of a hit as you think.

  3. #3
    I thought PvP power was getting buffed a bit for healing. So the straight nerf to healing spells is slightly compensated. Anyway, the net result is not a 30% nerf.

  4. #4
    The Patient Ramaloce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Friend Safari
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    I thought PvP power was getting buffed a bit for healing. So the straight nerf to healing spells is slightly compensated. Anyway, the net result is not a 30% nerf.
    It is. Dps specs are getting 25% worth of pvp power into +healing. So with 50% pvp power would translate into 12.5% +healing.

    @op the healing nerf was needed hands down, our healing was borderline insane, especially when you count the fact of shadow/holy schools. Be glad it was only 30% with the pvp power healing buff coming in.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramaloce View Post
    It is. Dps specs are getting 25% worth of pvp power into +healing. So with 50% pvp power would translate into 12.5% +healing.

    @op the healing nerf was needed hands down, our healing was borderline insane, especially when you count the fact of shadow/holy schools. Be glad it was only 30% with the pvp power healing buff coming in.
    Why is anybody supposed to be glad? Shadow already got the healing nerfed twice before this (pvp power to healing taken away, pvp healing decay). My flashheals heal at least 20k less/cast nowadays in comparison.

    Most priests run will stacked resil aswell, so you might not have as much that much pvp power to convert into healing. I think this will overdo it tbh...

  6. #6
    Say hello to my 28k Flashheals... hmm that's only 14 Heals from 0 to 100% for my Spriest. Sounds fair... no it doesn't!
    No burst
    No singletarget DMG
    No heals
    Bad CC (on same DR)

    Seems balanced to me
    I'm glad there just playing with the numbers, let's wait for the real nerf.
    Maybe Ghostcrawler reads this after he took that Mage cock out of his throat.
    Last edited by Tenobaal; 2013-02-02 at 10:33 PM.

  7. #7
    Moderator Yvaelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    5,466
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    You're simply looking at the percentage and not what that translates into. Let's say your Renew in 5.1 ticks for about 19,000. In 5.2, it will tick for 13,300. Considering that you have over 400k health in PvP gear, easily, yes. That is a little nerf.

    Don't just look at the number that seems bigger and cry. Actually do some math and look into what that number really translates to. 30% is not as big of a hit as you think.
    In my full pvp shadow gear, Renew ticks for 9k3 on Live. In 5.2 it will tick for 8k1 - a 13% healing decrease. So it's not a 30% nerf, it's a 13% nerf with 50% pvp power - but no idea where you're getting the idea that renew ticks for 20k on live and 13k in 5.2.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

  8. #8
    From PTR while duelling, 52.2% PVP Power (DMG):
    Flashheal 26-28k (-7,69%)
    Renew 6,1k (+12,96%)

    From LIVE while duelling, 50.4% PVP Power (DMG):
    Flashheal 33-35k
    Renew 5,4k

    Not sure if they've already implemented all nerfs on the ptr.

  9. #9
    Renew mendings aren't nerfed yet afaik. So you get the 13ish % buff # 50% pvp power as result.

    There's a guy particulary who isn't looking at the big picture: with next pvp tier, you will roughly get a 9.3k heal (as much as it is on live NOW) while just the sole melee white attacks will climb up significantly.

    Maybe its just not me, but i got a very funny 68k white melee from a war and several 38k (guess crit, don't remember) from a dk frost of a few hours ago.
    Pom instant heal + 1 tick of renew made with the next pvp stuff won't cope up with the 5.1 damage; the nerf is not huge, but you will absolutly feel it.

    And it adds with a very lower return from VEs (since at this point, the only thing that will heal you for something are crits from 2x spike, you'll hardly hard cast a mblast now if tunneled and front load DPs are a joke now.

    Delaying/juking casts while embracing are already a victory for the opponent forcing you to do so, as VE doesn't last forever and gcds aren't forgiving already.
    Actually, delaying (between kicks, CCs and the lost gcds from juking) our orb pooling is already awarding, very awarding, as delaying orbs mean lesser pressure, lesser damage, lesser self heal and even less disarms.

    This will open a huge bleeding wound on spriest in 2s (wether u consider it a relevant bracket or not) and it will introduce a new conception, or better, will take tunneling to a new level never seen before: in a shot, you get the spriest team to:

    -loose a huge chunk of damage (dp nerf, glyph nerf, too many hard casts)
    -complete shut down of the priest becase retarded phantasm is no more
    -Melees hardly risking a disarm, lesser CCs
    -Priest never been as squishy as before. Self heal vastly doned down.
    -Embracing hardly useful
    -spriest team healer depleting the mana faster then ever.

    Sitting on the shadowprist in the next patch sounds like a easy victory with the current ptr build.

  10. #10
    5.2 is all about training the spriest all game long for easymode win. Blizzard has done a great job so far totally raping shadow-spec in 5.2

  11. #11
    Mechagnome Syenite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Just next to some house...
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    5.2 is all about training the spriest all game long for easymode win. Blizzard has done a great job so far totally raping shadow-spec in 5.2
    From personal experience the general consensus has always been along the lines of: Tunnel the priest, hell, just kill him.
    Nothing new in that regard. We'll merely have a harder time getting away, thus we will merely experience the games to be a little shorter and the mmr drop to be a little faster...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Syenite View Post
    From personal experience the general consensus has always been along the lines of: Tunnel the priest, hell, just kill him.
    Nothing new in that regard. We'll merely have a harder time getting away, thus we will merely experience the games to be a little shorter and the mmr drop to be a little faster...
    The positive thing is that bads will probably stop QQing about spriests in 5.2 and move along to something else they have a hard time killing in 1v1
    on their undergeared backpeddling toon.

    New season, new QQ.

  13. #13
    I'm very FOR the current shadow healing nerfs. flash heal spams effectiveness does need reducing.

    What shadow should be using is actually getting buffed POM/renew/PWS. the pvp power buff will increase these.
    In top end gear and procs/on use trinket. renew should be easily ticking for 10k+


    Many of the other shadow changes I have a bigger problem with, halo/Devouring plague etc.

    (dispersion being lockable and the healing nerfs would of been about right IMO)

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by stickyjam View Post
    I'm very FOR the current shadow healing nerfs. flash heal spams effectiveness does need reducing.

    What shadow should be using is actually getting buffed POM/renew/PWS. the pvp power buff will increase these.
    In top end gear and procs/on use trinket. renew should be easily ticking for 10k+


    Many of the other shadow changes I have a bigger problem with, halo/Devouring plague etc.

    (dispersion being lockable and the healing nerfs would of been about right IMO)
    NO.

    Again, the WHOLE healing kit from shadowpriest will be nerfed, anmd when blizzard said "WHOLE" we still have to see if this included vampiric embrace AND void shift awell.

    Next iteration 30% nerf on mending and renews.

  15. #15
    I am Murloc! Volitar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Victory Road.
    Posts
    5,245
    I'm just pissed PVP is fucking my PVE heals. Go away PVP, no one likes you!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •