Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dydric View Post
    I do believe women are equal to men and should be treated with respect but I do consider myself very sexist. Example I have a lot of women that contact me on a regular basis but I don't want to have anything to do with them other than sex. do you all think I'm crazy? Like I said before, I do think that women are equal to men but I just really don't care about women at all. does that really make me a very bad person?
    He admits that he is sexist (he doesn't want anything to do with WOMEN, except for that). and people keep on saying, nah man your just "normal" being an insensitive person who takes advantage of women, then moves to another. If someone has a high sex drive, you can get married and have sex with your spouse a lot, especially if she would have a high sex drive too. Why would a high sex drive mean you have to be promiscuous? That would solve the problem of "getting emotionally attached" as you would be with your spouse the rest of your life, so that attachment would be very beneficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    A very large portion of our male teenagers would be sexist if thats all it took.
    A very large portion of teenagers are sexist. It's not a rarity.

I do believe women are equal to men and should be treated with respect but I do consider myself very sexist. Example I have a lot of women that contact me on a regular basis but I don't want to have anything to do with them other than sex. do you all think I'm crazy? Like I said before, I do think that women are equal to men but I just really don't care about women at all. does that really make me a very bad person?
    Yeah I'm gonna call that sexist. Saying 'I believe women are equal' is meaningless if you don't actually follow through and treat them as equals, and your whole post is pretty clear that you don't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    Well, I personally think that they are saying, on a personal level (like in a relationship), that they can't really see women as anything but sex objects.

But I could be wrong. It's happened before.
    Casual sex, don't wanting any emotional attachment to be tied to it? But yeah, maybe a bit.

well strike me down, women are more than walking talking sex toys(this is a joke).
    nothing wrong with enjoying casual sex from many different women, it just good times doesn't mean you disrespect them

Whether that's sexist depends on the details of why you only want a women for sex. If you also don't want anything to do with men, but women have something you want, then that's just selfish because you just don't want to have anything to do with anything besides your own needs. It's still something worth noting, but not necessarily sexism. Now if you only want to deal with men for company, and women for sex only, then it's sexist. I don't think only wanting women for sex can be considered sexist on its own. I mean, if a gay guy only wanted men for sex or a lesbian only wanted women for sex, would it be sexist? Now I'm not saying sexism doesn't occur between the same gender, what I'm saying is that sometimes the issue is selfishness, and not sexism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeardedOne View Post
    well strike me down, women are more than walking talking sex toys(this is a joke).
    nothing wrong with enjoying casual sex from many different women, it just good times doesn't mean you disrespect them
    so you are saying that women are nothing but walking talking sex toys? that being said op is a manslut not a manwhore
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    so you are saying that women are nothing but walking talking sex toys? that being said op is a manslut not a manwhore
    well you can have sex with multiple people without disrespecting them, their is nothing respectable about sex

Fair enough, I don't see how that's even sexist. You don't want anything to do with women outside of your mating instinct, I'd call you wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Nothing particular. The OP made a post, I summed some things up, and that's pretty much that.
    The only thing I'm trying to point out is: If you treat women differently (in this case: Not at all, apart from for sex), then you are sexist.

Basically, the sexism, shallow, slutty, probably bad person and sociopath things weren't meant as insults... They were meant merely as observations.
    You made him look like the worst, while he's just a guy who likes to be with different women as much as possible before he drops dead.

As long as the girls don't suffer from it I see no problem. Once he starts pretending to be in love with them just to get laid, he becomes a legit asshole. Until then... nah.

Deleted
    why are you all willing to just accept that all men want to do is have sex without any emotional or intellectual bond and it's totally natural? that attitude is a social and cultural construct. humans have evolved way, way beyond the baser instinct of wild animals in which it's based, if we lived in a world where we didn't have such a fundamental sexualising and objectifying of women from a very young age to sell products, then you would be free to define how you think about women yourself.

Could be worse. People on this forum think i am a misogynist pig...
    Last edited by Cybran; 2013-02-03 at 03:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by squidbear View Post
    why are you all willing to just accept that all men want to do is have sex without any emotional or intellectual bond and it's totally natural? that attitude is a social and cultural construct. humans have evolved way, way beyond the baser instinct of wild animals in which it's based, if we lived in a world where we didn't have such a fundamental sexualising and objectifying of women from a very young age to sell products, then you would be free to define how you think about women yourself.
    Not everyone wants or has to live a pseudo intellectual and emotional life. Some people simply like to fuck around, as dumb as it may seem, and there is nothing wrong with it as long as nobody has any disadvantages through it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Not everyone wants or has to live a pseudo intellectual and emotional life. Some people simply like to fuck around, as dumb as it may seem, and there is nothing wrong with it as long as nobody has any disadvantages through it.
    I'd hate to live a pseudo intellectual and emotional life, I'd prefer to just keep living an intellectual and emotional one (thanks for the rude, passive aggressive response btw). of course people want to fuck around, that's a given, watch TV for 5 minutes and it's blatantly obvious why we want to have sex constantly. what I'm talking about though is people saying 'all you want from women is sex? dude that's totally natural'. yeah that's totally natural, for a dog, or a squirrel. for a human that's artificial, we've evolved way beyond that, men and women, men and men, women and women, are all capable of living happy lives as part of an emotionally and intellectually couple based on a foundation of mutual respect. however, there are people who cannot connect emotionally and I blame that almost entirely on how culture treats gender and sexuality, not write it off as being 'natural'. the OP is obviously struggling with some kind of ethical dilemma over how he views and treats women so why don't we talk about it?

No, we did not evolve beyond anything.

All we want to do is to reproduce. However, our reasoning and selection is much more complex for the most part and it changes depending in which stage of life you currently are.

Right now, I'd like to get laid with as many women as possible because I know that once I am in my 30's I have to settle down, find a woman that suits me, one that I can emotionally connect with.

If I happen to find that woman right now, great. I am not going to throw away the chance of living a happy life with her because of "my urges". But I am sure as hell not actively searching for one, nor seems the OP to do so.

Deleted
    why are you all willing to just accept that all men want to do is have sex without any emotional or intellectual bond and it's totally natural?
    Not all men want that though. Sex without any emotional attachment can be fun at times, even as a woman but those days are in the past for me as of now.
    Last edited by mmoc506e44f6eb; 2013-02-03 at 03:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    No, we did not evolve beyond anything.
    and here's where I'm done with this discussion, and this forum.

have a nice day guys.

and here's where I'm done with this discussion, and this forum.

have a nice day guys.
    Evolution

Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations. Evolutionary processes give rise to diversity at every level of biological organisation, including species, individual organisms and molecules such as DNA and proteins
    We didn't evolve out of anything. There are many animals out there who end up being solo because they do not have the most beautiful fur, voice, etc. How is that any different to us?

"Let's discuss it"....... "I don't like what you say, I am out of this discussion".

Yeah, great...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    My experience is that some straight guys have never learned to interact with women as just people. They grow up, have friends of the same gender, and then hit puberty--and then, and only then, do they start interacting with girls. It creates a mindset where hanging out with girls is only associated with sexual desire. So if that desire isn't there, they just don't do it.

I have a few straight guy friends who seem to really suffer from this. IMO, it's something a person can overcome. It's just a psychological association that needs to be broken.

Quote Originally Posted by felix87 View Post
    rofl, StayTuned tilted out in another thread using the same excuse
    I said solders are, regardless of their nationality, people who serve their country and try to protect its people. On that some people said "MURRICA STIRRS UNJUST WARS! SOLDIERS ARE MURDERERS!

You can't argue with those people, thus I said bye. And you didn't help either by pointing out mistakes and giving seriously "weird" one liners. Again, even in this thread your contribution equals zero.

My experience is that some straight guys have never learned to interact with women as just people. They grow up, have friends of the same gender, and then hit puberty--and then, and only then, do they start interacting with girls. It creates a mindset where hanging out with girls is only associated with sexual desire. So if that desire isn't there, they just don't do it.

I have a few straight guy friends who seem to really suffer from this. IMO, it's something a person can overcome. It's just a psychological association that needs to be broken.
    I can speak out of experience. I grew up surrounded by girls, not by boys. I have many female friends today and they all understand my playboy'ish behavior and they know that I am a truly good person. I make my intentions very clear before anyone gets hurt.

And as long as you don't fuck around with their emotions it's all fine. You just have to find girls who think like you... You don't go and sleep with a girl that's in love with you if you don't love her back. That's a dick move and you are the worst if you do so.

I'm more interested in this sentence right here...
    Like I said before, I do think that women are equal to men but I just really don't care about women at all.
    Dydric, have you ever considered that you don't really care about women because you might actually care about men?