Deleted

What is wrong with people

I have been wondering this for long time.

Why is it so hard for people to listen and do what raid leader says so everyone can get the boss down or achievement done? Its like people are just somekind of bots that just follow that logic "run and kill everything unless you die". 95% of time its hopeless to try any kind of achievements etc with pugs.

Really, what the fuck is wrong with people? Im sure they see chat messages, they are not blind since they are playing this game at the first place. And if they are playing this game then they should have required intelligence to follow some easy steps in tactics. This game is not rocket science.

Impatient idiots usually and if it's old content they assume you can nuke through it. =S

The problem is you're expecting them to be "somekind of bot" that just auto-listens to you no matter what.

Warren Bennis said it best: Leadership is like herding cats.

My advice, don't vent at other people. I've never heard of anybody ever convincing somebody to follow them by saying "What the f$*@ is wrong with you all!?"

Be patient with your raiders. Understand what they want on an individual basis, and try to accommodate. If somebody does not which to cooperate despite you offering your hand to help them, then suggest that your guild/raid is not what the person is looking for and politely remove them.

10+ Year Old Account
    simple, people who play WoW aren't just playing WoW...

most people ive known in raiding actually have music blaring out their speakers, so its no wonder they can even hear the RL.

other people are alt-tabbing and looking at other stuff WHILE the encounter is going, which I honestly cannot understand.

In the end half of the people who raid are A.D.D.ing out on some other media instead of paying attention to WoW, which fucks over everyone in the process.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    I havent raged at people like that because its useless. Just decided to vent here instead and i hoped to have some good answers because i really dont understand this.

Deleted
    If its LFR then its apathy and simply not caring. It just promotes it.

I fall for that too. Why would I kill elegons balls if 18 others are not making even slightest effort on killing them? Its pointless and useless and waste of time for me.

If we talk about actual raids and normal/heroic modes, then there is something seriously wrong on personal level or amount of effort people want to be. Counter-productive and destructive gameplay does not belong in normal/heroic raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I havent raged at people like that because its useless. Just decided to vent here instead and i hoped to have some good answers because i really dont understand this.
    Assuming you are talking about doing older raids for achievements, I have to agree with the guy who said that its probably the mentality that "its old so we can nuke though it" that's the problem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Impatient idiots usually and if it's old content they assume you can nuke through it. =S
    This mostly, the amount of impatient ninja pulls on LFR Wind Lord Mel'jarak is insane, from my experience. A lot of players blame Wrath for this mentality.

Deleted
    If people join for achievement run, they clearly have interest to do those achievements but yet they dont seem to want to do them. People often times for some reason refuse to follow simple tactics. This is the most unbelieveable issue.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post

25m heroic arthas best way to watch 25 90s wipe on old content.....expecially old content that has less hp then the legendary mini boss i killed with 5 people xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The problem is you're expecting them to be "somekind of bot" that just auto-listens to you no matter what.
    this. Reminded me of this: http://www.wowdrama.org/mirrored/sebspeakerwg2.jpg and god know that I found it hilarious!
    Last edited by mmoc89084f456c; 2013-02-02 at 06:56 PM.

Deleted
    Well if people are joined to make achievements or whatnot, then why should they not listen if instructions are given? might aswell not join if you dont want to do achievements. That is just griefing other players gaming experience.

Why is it so hard for people to listen and do what raid leader says so everyone can get the boss down or achievement done? Its like people are just somekind of bots that just follow that logic "run and kill everything unless you die". 95% of time its hopeless to try any kind of achievements etc with pugs.

Really, what the fuck is wrong with people? Im sure they see chat messages, they are not blind since they are playing this game at the first place. And if they are playing this game then they should have required intelligence to follow some easy steps in tactics. This game is not rocket science.
    As a RL, if people can't follow your directions they should be replaced. That usually solves a lot of issues.

Deleted

You try to boss people in a PUG around? And you are surprised it doesn't work? Maybe you should find a guild and form a raid with people who want to do achievements, instead of forcing them on your PUG members. I doubt that will work though, because the problem here is clearly your attitude and not the other people.

Are you simply telling them in chat or over vent/Skype?

If it's in chat, I can understand why there might be some difficulty; they're either not paying attention or have poor reading comprehension. If it's in vent/Skype then your raid leader either has a boring, droning voice ala Ben Stein or they're still just not paying attention. If this is a guild, it's time to start making adjustments.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you say achievements, I think of old content. For that - make a cross-realm raid at openraid.us (idk about eu players), find like-minded people who want to get things done, boot the people too stupid/immature to follow directions, enjoy victory. The biggest problem with people who join pugs is that you end up with a lot of Xxarthasdk's and Retwingslololqt who just want to fuck around and do something because they're bored, not because they actually want to accomplish anything.

Current content, find less dumb people or bear through lfd/lfr woes. Cause yeah, people are pretty dumb/useless.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2013-02-02 at 07:19 PM.
    Look! Words!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    You try to boss people in a PUG around? And you are surprised it doesn't work? Maybe you should find a guild and form a raid with people who want to do achievements, instead of forcing them on your PUG members. I doubt that will work though, because the problem here is clearly your attitude and not the other people.
    My frustration comes from experiences of pugs where we are supposed to do achievements. And i have not actually been leader in any of those.