Deleted

Help me to choose a laptop from newegg

Hey

So I got this opportunity to buy a laptop for my mother from newegg with 10% discount and someone who will deliver it here. So I need help choosing one that will be 420$ tops with something that will last for long years while mainly just browsing, media, and just general mom use. The only good one I've spotted was this one, but it's rather weird not having any images and proper info :S Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxl View Post
    Hey

420$ tops with something that will last for long years
    Even the best of laptops tend to reach their tether at about 3-4 years.... Asking for a laptop that 'will last for long years' is... well frankly a tall expensive order. Not within a 420 dollar budget. And Mums have this tendency to install shit that isn't needed or potentially harmful to a machines performance. Or stupidly go on web pages that enable endless scrolling to the chagrin of the browser.
    That said the one you've picked out is about the best for that money I think you're going to get, I have one similar to it and it's not let me down so far. (in year 3) It's starting to buckle a little under the weight of software and developers failing to improve their programs to account for memory size and efficiency. But I've upgraded it as much as I can and it still functions perfectly fine. I can even play WoW on it comfortably providing it isn't 25man raiding.

I know enough of linux that when Windows finally cripples itself It's going to become my linux screen on my desk for the rest of it's lifespan. Specially when steam has finally launched it's fan made linux version (in development) It will be a good day.

About that laptop if it's anything like mine (which from the description it sounds like it) she'll be perfectly happy with it.

Honestly Asus laptops are all A-Okay in my book.
    Last edited by Aqua; 2013-02-02 at 06:51 PM.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't beat the price for what's included, for everyday "mom" use it should be plenty, maybe even more than she really needs never heard of that model myself, but I do know the A53E line of laptops, for what you want it for it's fine.

my .2