10+ Year Old Account

weapon choice over pvp power

Hey guys, I have the lfr version of http://www.wowhead.com/item=86893 but it is 2/2 upgraded
    I can now buy the tier 1 wep http://www.wowhead.com/item=91484

Is it worth using the pvp wep with the extra pvp power or shall I stick with my lfr wep for now?

You should add what class you are playing.

But as a general rule of thumb, for DD pvp weapon>>pve weapon.
    For healers with their 50% reduced benefit from pvp power the difference is by far not so immense, so you might stick with your pve weapon and concentrate on armor items first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post

For healers with their 50% reduced benefit from pvp power the difference is by far not so immense, so you might stick with your pve weapon and concentrate on armor items first.
    oh balls good call, Mage btw
    I also have the pretty much rest of the maleovent armor just not got helm/rings yet.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post

Even with the way pvp power is for healers, it's still the biggest output upgrade.

90% of the time yes, you want the 5kish PvP power that it gives you, as a damage dealer it is something like 18-19% extra damage against players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok buying the spellblade gives me a pvp power upgrade from 24% to 42% so quite a difference tbh. But I also lose 3k spell power roughly over using my staff (not got the offhand will get that after a few more games tonight)

To my knowledge the only people who would want a pve weap over pvp weap is either if its heroic sha-ass apeshit whateverthefuck the crazy raid shit is called and the class in question is melee since they get the biggest benefit from weapons.

pvp weap for pvp always

10+ Year Old Account
    im kinda pissed about buying the weapon tbh, every talks about how important it is to have the t1 weap but honestly u barely notice any differnce in dmg...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    im kinda pissed about buying the weapon tbh, every talks about how important it is to have the t1 weap but honestly u barely notice any differnce in dmg...
    To tell you the truth I have noticed quite a large increase in damage at the end of games now that I have more pvp power, doing 2s last night to finish up my cap I tested my lfr wep and the pvp wep and with the extra pvp power I was getting around half a mill/1 mill more damage than I was with the pve wep. (game lengths were about the same)

Quote Originally Posted by panterarules View Post
    pvp weap for pvp always
    No, it's not that black and white. Read this thread:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/23...p-spreadsheet/