Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Stylish Hats Thread.

Alright Mmm-Champ, im here to find the most stylish original hat you know of or can find.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/316-Fun-Stuff
    Im not going to lie i dont wear hats or anything, as i have a huge dome piece BUT i feel like i need my own thing.
    Some people have cool bracelets that say boobies, some have those skinny jeans, some guys use eyeliner 0.o.

I have started growing out my hair once again and need a stylish hat to go along with it. It'll be my thing because i dont really
    have anything to make me stand out other than my neck beard and weird hair color, that and the fact that i say crude perverted jokes.

So far i have this bowler hat.
    Last edited by Unoriginal; 2011-12-19 at 08:13 PM.

Whats stylish to you wont be to someone else.

GO HERE FOR EXAMPLES OF WHAT I MEAN: http://poorlydressed.failblog.org/

Good luck though mate hope you get the look your looking for :P

p.s. if it was me i would just get a beany they go with long or short hair and are in fashion atm (if thats something you care about)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domiku View Post
    Whats stylish to you wont be to someone else.

GO HERE FOR EXAMPLES OF WHAT I MEAN: http://poorlydressed.failblog.org/

Good luck though mate hope you get the look your looking for :P

p.s. if it was me i would just get a beany they go with long or short hair and are in fashion atm (if thats something you care about)
    Had short hair for almost my whole 18 years, no ty and beanie is over used .
    i also dont givafuq what others think

Bowlers are great! Every time I use mine, I feel a bit more classy, and I get a lot of compliments for it (no, not like "what a brave man you are"). Now to get a proper vest and pocket watch..

Yeah i know how it is mate i have like a #1 all over at the moment i did try grow long hair a few years ago after wanting it for ages and i grew a sick mullet and i mean sick ever seen Gunther that cheesy eurovishion dude? It looks like that lol.

But it got in my eyes and just felt greecy in the line of work i do and was hard to clean and took ages to style each day :P Good luck though.

10+ Year Old Account
    currently my hair is slightly long, im able to gel and comb it back some what without looking like a greeser.
    im going to keep my hair back even when it becomes long+Hat.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    other than my neck beard and weird hair color, that and the fact that i say crude perverted jokes.
    Shave off that damned neckbeard. Seriously, you should only grow a beard if it grows full and thick. If not just go for either clean shaven or stubble (use a beard trimmer without a guard).

A weird hair colour is ill-advised too, well, it depends on the colour really. But if you want to pull off a something as classic as a bowler hat you're going to want a more traditional hair colour. If you just traipse around in a band t-shirt and jeans a bowler hat is just going to make you look contrived. Bowler hats ought to be worn with a formal outfit like a suit, dress shirt, suspenders etc.

http://lonelynerdsinfedoras.tumblr.com/ is, sadly, a perfect example of why you need to do more than just put the hat on your head to pull it off.

i also dont givafuq what others think
    I find this hard to believe considering you clearly stated you want your own 'thing', to stand out.

In regards to that particular train of thought I think that dressing well is a good thing to do, but wearing a bowler hat purely to make a statement is foolish. Your 'feature' will just be regarded as a novelty, it won't actually give you any additional substance. Your personality and presence is what matters.

10+ Year Old Account
    For a sec I thought this was about transmog and got excited because my male nelf needs a nice cloth hat. :c

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    For a sec I thought this was about transmog and got excited because my male nelf needs a nice cloth hat. :c
    does this work with transmog?
    Weather-Beaten Fishing Hat

15+ Year Old Account
    Interesting enough, hats can be real nice yet the majority (western world) of the men using it are the ones thining hair
    Not talking about hip-hoper or adidas kids here, they were it cos they got no tase and think a baseball cap etc looks good
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    http://www.craftelf.com/Crafts/Cat%2...%20-%20hat.JPG <-- this , no not sure whats ur style is , Go what you like for style, NEVER go what others think i done this mistake once , well now xD

10+ Year Old Account
    as a woman I'm offended that this doesn't include ALL kinds of hats for all women!

I'm joking

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    as a woman I'm offended that this doesn't include ALL kinds of hats for all women!

I'm joking
    My apologies , ill change the title so we can have a more broader discussion.

PS:<---from Cali too

---------- Post added 2011-12-19 at 12:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by fishface View Post
    Shave off that damned neckbeard. Seriously, you should only grow a beard if it grows full and thick. If not just go for either clean shaven or stubble (use a beard trimmer without a guard).

A weird hair colour is ill-advised too, well, it depends on the colour really. But if you want to pull off a something as classic as a bowler hat you're going to want a more traditional hair colour. If you just traipse around in a band t-shirt and jeans a bowler hat is just going to make you look contrived. Bowler hats ought to be worn with a formal outfit like a suit, dress shirt, suspenders etc.
    Neck beard dissapears as soon as it appears , as for the hair naturally its a redishbrown, many a women have complimented on it.

so im still leaning toward the Bowler , what kind of dress shirt?
    Im not really what you would call a fancy person, T shirt, a shade of blue jeans and skate shoes.
    I think its about time i start dressing to impress.

Deleted
    Fedora > All

You should get a fez, fezzes are cool!

3 words: Pork Pie Hat.

15+ Year Old Account

The only hate a man really needs.

Fedoras are pretty boss. I wish my head shape was more conducive to a fedora as they are awesome.

Cool mustaches>hats. No one has ever looked at someone with a Rollie Fingers mustaches and thought that they weren't cooler for having it.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-12-19 at 09:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitlovin View Post
    3 words: Pork Pie Hat.
    That pork pie hat looks sick

Neck beard dissapears as soon as it appears , as for the hair naturally its a redishbrown, many a women have complimented on it.

so im still leaning toward the Bowler , what kind of dress shirt?
    Im not really what you would call a fancy person, T shirt, a shade of blue jeans and skate shoes.
    I think its about time i start dressing to impress.
    Oh right, when you said a weird colour I thought purple or neon blue. If it's your natural hair colour then leave it as is.

Harrison Fjord has some quick and easy guides on how to dress up/down here and here. If you're just starting out it's a good idea to get the basics first. Then when you've become more accustomed to dressing and shopping you can be more adventurous, experimenting with styles and colours.

Here's another image of 'basics' that are useful to have in your wardrobe. And here are some pictures of a few guys I snapped a month ago for a project, blurred out their faces cos I said the photo's wouldn't be uploaded to the internet. Woops.

The most important thing to remember about clothes is that fit is everything. You could buy some beautiful, designer jacket but if it doesn't fit it'll look like some cheap knock-off garment. Just google 'how to tell if a _____ fits" if you're not sure.

Finally, going from total ignorance to fashion conscious takes time and things can seem arbitrary or confusing at first. I was an absolute newb 6 months ago but I've got progressively better and my confidence in general has sky-rocketed. I'd recommend just browsing high street stores around your area, looking at the guys who shop there and deciding what you like about their outfits. If that's not your cup of tea you can always just check out shop's websites like Topman, H&M, Zara, Urban Outfitters etc. to get a grasp of what's in fashion and what you like. Don't buy anything online before you've got a good idea of what fits you though!

I expect you'll see a lot of naysayers going on about how you should just be an individual and not to conform to all this stuff. The truth is, once you've got your head around the basics and start finding your style (or at least a more disciplined/trained style) you'll stand out from the crowd more than if you were 'anti-conformist'.

edit: God damn, spend ages writing this post up and it's the last of the page