1. #1

    What is wrong with people

    I have been wondering this for long time.

    Why is it so hard for people to listen and do what raid leader says so everyone can get the boss down or achievement done? Its like people are just somekind of bots that just follow that logic "run and kill everything unless you die". 95% of time its hopeless to try any kind of achievements etc with pugs.

    Really, what the fuck is wrong with people? Im sure they see chat messages, they are not blind since they are playing this game at the first place. And if they are playing this game then they should have required intelligence to follow some easy steps in tactics. This game is not rocket science.

  2. #2
    Herald of the Titans Wishblade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Here, There and Everywhere
    Posts
    2,549
    Impatient idiots usually and if it's old content they assume you can nuke through it. =S
    "Reminds me of a dog, you stare at it while it's playing outside... Running around in a circle, then stopping up, wagging with a wide "grin". Jumping around until you call for the dog, then it lowers its tail because it think it's done something bad... And then you throw the ball, seeing the tail go straight into the air in bliss! ^^" - Gehco
    Wishblade of Draenor EU

  3. #3
    The problem is you're expecting them to be "somekind of bot" that just auto-listens to you no matter what.

    Warren Bennis said it best: Leadership is like herding cats.

    My advice, don't vent at other people. I've never heard of anybody ever convincing somebody to follow them by saying "What the f$*@ is wrong with you all!?"

    Be patient with your raiders. Understand what they want on an individual basis, and try to accommodate. If somebody does not which to cooperate despite you offering your hand to help them, then suggest that your guild/raid is not what the person is looking for and politely remove them.
    "Tell them only that the Lich King is dead... and that World of Warcraft... died with him..."

    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    That's the ONLY reason you would post 9600 posts over 3 years: a mission of hate.

  4. #4
    Herald of the Titans Lothaeryn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Maryland, U.S.
    Posts
    2,583
    simple, people who play WoW aren't just playing WoW...

    most people ive known in raiding actually have music blaring out their speakers, so its no wonder they can even hear the RL.

    other people are alt-tabbing and looking at other stuff WHILE the encounter is going, which I honestly cannot understand.

    In the end half of the people who raid are A.D.D.ing out on some other media instead of paying attention to WoW, which fucks over everyone in the process.
    And should he be a prophet of It's coming, he shall be cast out by his kin and his peers, for they cannot comprehend and fear the end of the corrupt empire. - Unknown, 3/1/2012
    I am Lothaeryn, Dragonborn of Nirn and Paladin of Azeroth. Hear my voice and tremble... Bask in my radiance and be inspired...
    For I am the Hand of Dawn, and justice shall be done by my shout and by my blade.

  5. #5
    I havent raged at people like that because its useless. Just decided to vent here instead and i hoped to have some good answers because i really dont understand this.

  6. #6
    Epic! Iceleaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Destroy
    Posts
    1,562
    If its LFR then its apathy and simply not caring. It just promotes it.

    I fall for that too. Why would I kill elegons balls if 18 others are not making even slightest effort on killing them? Its pointless and useless and waste of time for me.

    If we talk about actual raids and normal/heroic modes, then there is something seriously wrong on personal level or amount of effort people want to be. Counter-productive and destructive gameplay does not belong in normal/heroic raiding.
    This signature is killing e-sports
    Youtube - Gaming Blog (+Transmogs, images, videos) - Twitch

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I havent raged at people like that because its useless. Just decided to vent here instead and i hoped to have some good answers because i really dont understand this.
    Assuming you are talking about doing older raids for achievements, I have to agree with the guy who said that its probably the mentality that "its old so we can nuke though it" that's the problem.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Impatient idiots usually and if it's old content they assume you can nuke through it. =S
    This mostly, the amount of impatient ninja pulls on LFR Wind Lord Mel'jarak is insane, from my experience. A lot of players blame Wrath for this mentality.

  9. #9
    If people join for achievement run, they clearly have interest to do those achievements but yet they dont seem to want to do them. People often times for some reason refuse to follow simple tactics. This is the most unbelieveable issue.

  10. #10
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    667
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishblade View Post
    Impatient idiots usually and if it's old content they assume you can nuke through it. =S


    25m heroic arthas best way to watch 25 90s wipe on old content.....expecially old content that has less hp then the legendary mini boss i killed with 5 people xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    The problem is you're expecting them to be "somekind of bot" that just auto-listens to you no matter what.
    this. Reminded me of this: http://www.wowdrama.org/mirrored/sebspeakerwg2.jpg and god know that I found it hilarious!
    Last edited by Brazorf; 2013-02-02 at 06:56 PM.

  12. #12
    Well if people are joined to make achievements or whatnot, then why should they not listen if instructions are given? might aswell not join if you dont want to do achievements. That is just griefing other players gaming experience.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I have been wondering this for long time.

    Why is it so hard for people to listen and do what raid leader says so everyone can get the boss down or achievement done? Its like people are just somekind of bots that just follow that logic "run and kill everything unless you die". 95% of time its hopeless to try any kind of achievements etc with pugs.

    Really, what the fuck is wrong with people? Im sure they see chat messages, they are not blind since they are playing this game at the first place. And if they are playing this game then they should have required intelligence to follow some easy steps in tactics. This game is not rocket science.
    As a RL, if people can't follow your directions they should be replaced. That usually solves a lot of issues.


  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Cle View Post
    I have been wondering this for long time.

    Why is it so hard for people to listen and do what raid leader says so everyone can get the boss down or achievement done? Its like people are just somekind of bots that just follow that logic "run and kill everything unless you die". 95% of time its hopeless to try any kind of achievements etc with pugs.

    Really, what the fuck is wrong with people? Im sure they see chat messages, they are not blind since they are playing this game at the first place. And if they are playing this game then they should have required intelligence to follow some easy steps in tactics. This game is not rocket science.
    You try to boss people in a PUG around? And you are surprised it doesn't work? Maybe you should find a guild and form a raid with people who want to do achievements, instead of forcing them on your PUG members. I doubt that will work though, because the problem here is clearly your attitude and not the other people.
    Arguing with a troll is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, he will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like he won the whole damn thing.

  15. #15
    Are you simply telling them in chat or over vent/Skype?

    If it's in chat, I can understand why there might be some difficulty; they're either not paying attention or have poor reading comprehension. If it's in vent/Skype then your raid leader either has a boring, droning voice ala Ben Stein or they're still just not paying attention. If this is a guild, it's time to start making adjustments.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer foxHeart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Inside Jabu-jabu's Belly
    Posts
    3,321
    When you say achievements, I think of old content. For that - make a cross-realm raid at openraid.us (idk about eu players), find like-minded people who want to get things done, boot the people too stupid/immature to follow directions, enjoy victory. The biggest problem with people who join pugs is that you end up with a lot of Xxarthasdk's and Retwingslololqt who just want to fuck around and do something because they're bored, not because they actually want to accomplish anything.

    Current content, find less dumb people or bear through lfd/lfr woes. Cause yeah, people are pretty dumb/useless.
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2013-02-02 at 07:19 PM.
    Look! Words!

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    You try to boss people in a PUG around? And you are surprised it doesn't work? Maybe you should find a guild and form a raid with people who want to do achievements, instead of forcing them on your PUG members. I doubt that will work though, because the problem here is clearly your attitude and not the other people.
    My frustration comes from experiences of pugs where we are supposed to do achievements. And i have not actually been leader in any of those.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •