TG horrible at Execute phase or I'm simply clueless how it works?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%A2r/simple

I always seem to be rage starved in execute phase, I'll be able to CS then do 4 executes but after that I'm completely dry...
    In fact, my dps GOES DOWN in execute phases... somethings wrong. People sayin' that warriors get 50% of their dps in execute phases..

Could a TG warrior explain me what he does?
    Or do I simply need to find 1 handers?

Just killed Empress in LFR.
    I was at 103k dps before execute phase and it went up to 105k dps... and that includes Bloodlust.
    Last edited by Genetikz; 2013-02-02 at 02:10 PM.

Don't use execute outside of CS unless it's to bleed off rage.

Outside of a CS window:

- Use BT on cooldown.
    - Be sure to reach 120 rage before CS is up.
    - Use RB when available and while enraged.
    - Use Execute only if you're going to rage cap and try to anticipate enough to do it while you're enraged.
    - Use nothing else that costs rage.

Duing a CS window :

Execute - Execute - Execute - Execute

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalmah View Post
    Don't use execute outside of CS unless it's to bleed off rage.
    WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Execute is the highest DPGCD a warrior has, although RB is the highest DPR. You should be going into execute phase with EVERY cooldown up and a potion, as well as CS ready, and 100+ rage. You'll start by popping all CDs but reck, and dragon roaring. Hit reck and CS into 3x executes. (You should be enraged). You still want to be hitting BT for rage and enrage procs, but you shouldn't be rage starved. I only use RB during execute phase in a very few situations (such as a very long execute phase or if I had a few stacks of meat cleaver up from before, and there are adds around)

Now, obviously you want to have as much rage for when the 2nd CS window comes around, but to ignore execute except in CS is stupid.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2013-02-02 at 09:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Now, obviously you want to have as much rage for when the 2nd CS window comes around, but to ignore execute except in CS is stupid.
    No.
    Use execute to bleed off rage.
    If you use Execute outside of a CS and that prevents you to cast 4 Execute during the next CS, it's a dps loss.
    To maximize your dps, you want all your CS to be Execute - Execute - Execute - Execute.

The fury cycle is based on the idea that you are gcd-limited during CS so you want to use your spell with the better DPE, while you are rage-limited outside of a CS windows so you want to use your spell with the better DPR.

Hit reck and CS into 3x executes.
    Because 4 Executes would be too good, so you should lower your dps on purpose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senen View Post
    No.
    Use execute to bleed off rage.
    If you use Execute outside of a CS and that prevents you to cast 4 Execute during the next CS, it's a dps loss.
    To maximize your dps, you want all your CS to be Execute - Execute - Execute - Execute.

The fury cycle is based on the idea that you are gcd-limited during CS so you want to use your spell with the better DPE, while you are rage-limited outside of a CS windows so you want to use your spell with the better DPR.

Because 4 Executes would be too good, so you should lower your dps on purpose?
    Ya typo on the second part. If you're set up right and low enough ping, you can get 4 gcds into CS. But what you said before is wrong. You can have enough rage saved to hit CS 4 executes every CS while still using execute more often than to avoid capping rage. Like all other parts of a warrior, its about balancing.

Btw, to answer the question of how to handle you cd, Ratak (Wraith@Sargeras) made an interesting article. It's in French, but here his different proposition:

Sequence 1
    The sequence with the best burst, ideal for short Execute phase. It requires to use Berserker Rage.
    An example against Un'sok. Look at Recount from 6:25. He's targetted by an orb but still manage an incredible come back.

Sequence 2
    Easier to use, your cd will be better sync'd if the execute phase lasts more than 1 minute. Plus, you don't need use Berserker Rage.
    An example against Gara'jal. Look at Recount from 5:30.

The important things to keep in mind:
    - You want your trinket procs up during the four Execute.
    - During Recklessness, if you have 2 stacks of RB, RB has a higher priority than BT.
    - You want to use your potion at this exact moment (see the images) so that you will still have the buff during the next CS.

Finally, he mentions that this sequence is not good. It uses Recklessness one gcd later, hoping for BT to crit, but if BT doesn't crit it's a huge dps loss.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 12:17 AM ----------

You can have enough rage saved to hit CS 4 executes every CS while still using execute more often than to avoid capping rage. Like all other parts of a warrior, its about balancing.
    No, you can't. That's the definition of "using something to avoid capping rage".
    If you cap your rage, you haven't used enough Execute.
    If you don't reach the next CS with 100+ rage, you have used too much Execute.

Note that "to avoid rage cap" doesn't mean you should Execute above 90 rage. You have to anticipate, know how much Execute you can do between two CS and do these Execute while Enraged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya typo on the second part. If you're set up right and low enough ping, you can get 4 gcds into CS. But what you said before is wrong. You can have enough rage saved to hit CS 4 executes every CS while still using execute more often than to avoid capping rage. Like all other parts of a warrior, its about balancing.
    its not even a ping issue any more since things that don't have a CD get caught in the CLT. but what senen said is correct, you only want to use execue outside cs to prevent rage capping, inside of a cs the max rage you can get w/o flurry is around ~30 ( that's with no misses), so going into a cs w/o 90 is a bit risky to pull off 4 Executes.

Deleted
    Thats why TG is good out of execute phase.

The important things to keep in mind:
    - You want your trinket procs up during the four Execute.
    For this you need an addon such as ExtraCD or properly set up auras that shows you both uptime when it's procced and icd until next proc is available. This allows you to save cooldowns until you have trinkets up and know whether you can use one CS phase without cooldowns before that. As stated above, this makes a huge difference so it is important to avoid just popping everything blindly when the boss hits 19,9%. When everything lines up, execute crits for like 1,2mil in my ilvl 491 (SMF though) gear against bosses without additional debuffs.

For OP: this is the type of spike it shows in dps at the end of a fight: Tsulong 10N. Never mind the less than perfect execution overall