Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
5
6
... LastLast
  1. #61
    I don't really care. People already buy and sell gold anyway, whats the real difference? Bottom line is that other than consumables there's very little on the AH that's needed by people after the first week or so of a new patch.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    No. If they added that into WoW they would lose an insane amount of subs.
    the sad fact is that they wouldn''t, So many have it in their mouth. But 95% of those would just keep playing with a rmah.
    They are all talk.

  3. #63
    For the people saying it "fit into D3", you are wrong, it does not fit into D3, it is what has ruined most of the game, with blizzard making changes that remove fun, just so that bots don't farm stuff like crates and easy mobs.

    RMAH is an awful idea in any game because it requires the game to be designed around the RMAH or it will be abused heavily, and if you design the game around the RMAH, the game is just awful.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill
    Stream (Thursday 19:45) | Guild Website

  4. #64
    Brewmaster Jess Day's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Farmer Land UK; Prev Los Angeles, CA.
    Posts
    1,374
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    They also said there would never be server transfers, or both factions on pvp servers, or rp-pvp servers, or faction changes. If it will make them money, they will think about doing it.
    No. Some of those they never said, others they said were unlikely. They've explicitly said they'll never have a RMAH in WoW because the game is not designed for one, and it would ruin server economies. RMAH is something they've said numerous times will never be a feature for WoW.

  5. #65
    Pay to win with real money? Please no...just no. RMAH was disaster in D3 imo....It would ruin WoW's reputation.
    Main: Wildmax, Drak'thul - Moonkin, Hardcore raider.
    Got 10x lvl 85 on Drak'thul server and 3 another lvl 85 on different servers and bunch of 10-84 alts.
    Hello no-life.

  6. #66
    At least I could turn all my gold into €. I don't see how this would affect the average player in a negative way. There's only so much you can pay for.

  7. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It didn't work out for D3 which was pretty much a stillbirth, why would they try to impliment a failed online sweatshop into WoW risking to lose much money over it? Even Americans wouldn't be that....
    this is just absolutely wrong. D3 had a lot of issues, but not because of the RMAH. A LOT of people made hundreds of dollars from it and it is still full of items for sale now.

    But they will never do it in WOW because wow is a competitive game, both PVE and PVP. The reason they added it in for D3 wasn´t some moneygrab for them, it was simply to fix a HUGE issue with D2. In D2, there was also a RMAH, but it was located on a bunch of seedy and sometimes evil 3rd party websites. Thousands, if not tens of thousands of players used those sites, and many were conned because of it. If you played D2 back in the first few years, you know exactly why Blizzard almost had to add RMAH as an official part of D3.

    Ghostcrawler said there was a major feature coming this expansion that hasn´t been announced yet. My guess it is the ability of high-level players to downgrade to run old raids and dungeons ´at level´ either simply to experience the real content or to run it with low level friends. They have hinted at it, and they have added the tech with both challenge modes, and now with the new BG feature coming in 5.2 My guess is 5.3 will have it available for all old content.

  8. #68
    Brewmaster ramennoodleking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,395
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Because Blizzard trying to milk the D3 RMAH is a large part of why the game went to shit.
    Actually the impact d3s rmah had was it made loot drops, which is random stat allocation per the usual diablo way, lower chances since there would be a flood of items all over the global market.

    In wow, however, this is not the case, and almost never is there an item mandatory for end game progression on the current AH.

    In fact, it really would have no less of an impact than the current old AH has. Now, adding in heroic or normal raiding items to AH? Sure that's a different story. But adding real money to the current AH system would be no worse than the current one we have. It would also be pretty pointless, which is probably why blizzard would never do it unless WoW one day went free to play.

    It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by Salech View Post
    Just like they said that there would never be dual specs?, like they said rogues would never be able to use axes?, they say a lot and then change their minds.

    RMAH might be highly unlikely to come, but it's never off the table when it's blizzard.
    quotes please on where Blizzard said ´never´ to all those things. Yeah, I thought so.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 04:47 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    For the people saying it "fit into D3", you are wrong, it does not fit into D3, it is what has ruined most of the game, with blizzard making changes that remove fun, just so that bots don't farm stuff like crates and easy mobs.

    RMAH is an awful idea in any game because it requires the game to be designed around the RMAH or it will be abused heavily, and if you design the game around the RMAH, the game is just awful.
    You don´t think there was a RMAH in D2? There absolutely was, it was just run by 20 different websites, half of which allowed scammers to run free.

  10. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    I see no where there that a RMAH will be implemented, its all guesses that are posing as the truth.

    Anyway a RMAH would kill WoW, D3 supported it simply because it worked so well with selling gear D2 that blizzard wanted to collect a little from it.

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    Won't ever happen.
    List of things that "won't ever happen"

    Alliance Shaman, Horde Paladins
    Server Transfers
    Faction Transfers
    PVE to PVP Server Transfers
    Classes being opened up to more races
    Pandarens as playable race
    and many many more that im sure i've forgot.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 04:53 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    quotes please on where Blizzard said ´never´ to all those things. Yeah, I thought so.
    Just because you disagree with something, and it's old enough that finding the exact quote would be hard, doesnt make it false.

    dont be a dick.

    ---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 04:56 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiea View Post
    For the people saying it "fit into D3", you are wrong, it does not fit into D3, it is what has ruined most of the game, with blizzard making changes that remove fun, just so that bots don't farm stuff like crates and easy mobs.

    RMAH is an awful idea in any game because it requires the game to be designed around the RMAH or it will be abused heavily, and if you design the game around the RMAH, the game is just awful.
    Name anything in WoW that can be listed on the Current AH that would completely break and destroy the game if you were allowed to spend real money instead of gold on. Any item at all.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

  12. #72
    They could just make a BMAH clone with real money instead.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I'm determined to someday make Med'an awesome. (MickyNeilson)
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    ´So.. sorry to bring this up but..you know that .."thing" (Med'an).. is that "thing" cannon still?
    ...as much have some have wished otherwise, yes. (Loreology)

  13. #73
    The Lightbringer MasterHamster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,980
    Won't happen, and those who think it's on the same scale as "PvE to PvP transfers" are outright funny.
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

    Weight lost since 21st of June: 62kg/~136lb

  14. #74
    I would immediately cancel my sub and go play Rift.

  15. #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    You don´t think there was a RMAH in D2? There absolutely was, it was just run by 20 different websites, half of which allowed scammers to run free.
    The latter being the reason to keep a lot of people from using them.
    Quote Originally Posted by NotPrepared View Post
    At least I could turn all my gold into €. I don't see how this would affect the average player in a negative way. There's only so much you can pay for.
    You can easily enough do that already.
    Well and no thanks there are more than enough bots as is.

  16. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    It's EVE Online all pay to win?
    No it is not, you can buy Plex with in game currency which can be used to pay your subscription fee and certain services such as character transfers, etc. You cannot buy anything that would give you an in game advantage.

  17. #77
    Fluffy Kitten Millennía's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    3,488
    I highly doubt it tbh. It would be just too much to have to buy the game + expansions and pay the sub fee, then to be presented with a RMAH. Even if they did announce it, they would probably be bombarded with so much hate that they may even decide against it but I am hopeful that they know it would be a bad idea and just make gold sellers/hackers even more rich.

  18. #78
    and where the hell did you base your idea on?

  19. #79
    Bloodsail Admiral Giants41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    New York, United States of America
    Posts
    1,063
    Not going to happen. Wow than becomes a sub based/buy to win game. People hate both.
    Wow <3 Korra<3 Giants<3

  20. #80
    Please do it! It would be the final nail in the coffin of this game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •