Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Panic over nothing blizz stated SEVERAL times when the Diablo RMAH was announced that they will NOT ever add it to wow due to the economy already being established.
    Give me a few and ill find the blues about it.
    A new feature could be nearly anything but not this.
    This is pure assumption and a foolish one at that.

---------- Post added 2013-02-02 at 08:40 PM ----------

Here is one place, its in the interviews
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...Fan-Art-Comics

also

"This is specifically only a decent idea in our minds for Diablo III because an in-game advantage doesn't mean you steal a world first, or up your arena rating, or edge out in a competition. Diablo III is a co-op game. If you're buying power it's to jump into games and help your buddies kill demons faster, and guess what, they get more drops in less time. In our eyes that's not buying an advantage as a selfish measure, it's really just kicking more ass in co-op games with your friends. It's apples and oranges, if you will, to something like an in-game advantage in a game like World of Warcraft. "
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...ut-the-rmt-ah/

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unsubscribed the moment I confirmed it's legit.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Unsubscribed the moment I confirmed it's legit.
    Can you explain why?

10+ Year Old Account
    In the volcanic ashlands of northwestern Georgia (Also known as Atlanta).
    No. Very no. So much no. Too much no. All of the no.

No.

I really hope not.

10+ Year Old Account
    A thousand times NO.

Bots are a big reason I'd say no... you think there's alot now, if RMAH came into effect the numbers would increase greatly.

Safety of accounts... Yes, most people have an authenticator but the amount of "hack" attempts of both authenticator
    and non accounts would go up. As well we might see a large spike in the amount of Man-in-the-Middle hacks too.

Beyond all that... We have enough issues as it is with keeping economies up(or down depending on your server) adding
    a feature like this would just make things such a mess.

Which makes me think... progression guilds could easily sell all the BoEs they loot for real money and the
    general player base would be able to buy said BoEs with real money, essentially going against everything
    the game is about which is earning your gear... be it from gold spent in the AH or actual raiding, not cash.

I wouldn't Un-Sub if it came about but I would certainly never use the feature and if enough
    grief came from it being inplemented I might consider then to un-sub.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

RMAH won't be added in WoW, because it is p2p game. Unless WoW will go "free to play", RMAH will be death sentence. It is already quite uneasy for some people, that there are in-game items available exclusively through blizzstore (and at relatively high prices for some European countries).

Personally, if WoW would be f2p - I wouldn't mind RMAH at all. But with sub cost - lol NO!
    Seeing as how you dont need gold in WoW to do things and can easily make enough gold daily to fullfill your daily needs just by questing and running successful raids. I dont see the point in a RMAH.
    Easy. BMAH: token to buy thunderforged hc gear - 999k. You need, e.g. 40 such tokens to buy that piece. Flasks: 1$ per 1 at blizzstore. Same time increasing amount of mats required to make 1 flask to 20 stacks of herbs and 20 golden lotuses, and increasing flask effectiveness by over 1000%, and designing raid encounters (and maybe even some questing zones) around having flasks.

I've seen what I just described in russian AO some years ago Oh they were also selling some rep tokens - so you had choice - grind dailies like there is no tomorrow or buy tokens for real money (Doesn't remind you anything? And now I guess people will understand 1 of reasons why I am raging against dailies in other threads). They became less micro-transactions-based now from what I heard (didn't touch AO for years).

This was discussed on Daeity's blog shortly before it went offline and it was confirmed by a Blizzard employee, although I cannot remember who, that this would not happen as it would require a drastic overhaul of both the auction house and the game's loot systems that is was not feasible to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    That move would probably be a death row sentence to the game.

just like to point out, in America anyway, someone on death row is there up to 20 years before they are executed so it would give WoW a long life still

Yeah, I don't think so. It is pretty obvious Blizzard learned their lesson. If anything D3 should clearly indicate to them exactly how much greed they can get away with, and a RMAH is definitely not it.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    just like to point out, in America anyway, someone on death row is there up to 20 years before they are executed so it would give WoW a long life still
    But they know they will die, and sometimes, pretty soon.

Deleted
    They already said that it never gonna happen on World of Warcraft.
    They did it on Diablo III because the game havn't any competition.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't seem too particularly practical for a real money AH... Beyond pets and mounts (TCG forms of which are sold on ebay and the like anyway,) I don't think there would be all that much people would be willing to drop actual cash for. Even high-ticket crafted gear wouldn't be much of a draw, as it can be replaced in its very same tier...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Diablo was built with the RMAH in mind, and it works there due to the flow of items in such order.

WoW wasn't, and would turn off A LOT of players.

Can't see it happening myself, but never say never

Quote Originally Posted by ohshift View Post
    But they know they will die, and sometimes, pretty soon.
    Everyone knows they're going to die?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Deleted
    The amount of misinformed people in threads like these...

Fine, just to re-re-re-re-reconfirm for the dense people out there:
    There won't be a RMAH in WoW. Blizzard stated this multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiev View Post
    RMAH would probably make a lot of people quit.
    I would most likely quit. Unless it just sells junk I don't care about

Deleted
    wont work. items arent too rare/random enough for items to be worth anything

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    The amount of misinformed people in threads like these...

Fine, just to re-re-re-re-reconfirm for the dense people out there:
    There won't be a RMAH in WoW. Blizzard stated this multiple times.
    Just like they said that there would never be dual specs?, like they said rogues would never be able to use axes?, they say a lot and then change their minds.

RMAH might be highly unlikely to come, but it's never off the table when it's blizzard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stgeorge78 View Post
    Do you really think that Blizzard's management gives a crap about it being an MMO or competitive? They don't even know why people play the game. They just want it to make money and if RMAH is a good way to make money (especially if new subscriptions is slowing down), it will be done. No doubts about that.
    Did you actually see how much of a failure it was in D3?
    You honestly think they would implement a proven failure system in a profitable game and risk to loose half their subs?

Must be shitty being such a pessimist.