Are there new players to this game?

Made a test today; logged in to Stormscale Horde for two hours. After the campaign, I logged in to Sylvanas Alliance for the same duration. Altogether, during the several hours I only saw a handful of players with no titles or achievements of high-level characters.

Are there new players in this game anymore? Is anybody having the epic feeling of entering to this game for the first time? Where can I find 'em?

Of course there are new players. Why wouldn't there be?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

As friendly as WoW is to newbies, the longer an mmo is out, the less likely people are to pick it up and subscribe, I think. There's now four expansions, which is a lot of content, and might be daunting to someone new to the game. Not saying people don't, just that we're not going to see surges of new folks like we did back in vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hirv3s View Post
    Made a test today; logged in to Stormscale Horde for two hours. After the campaign, I logged in to Sylvanas Alliance for the same duration. Altogether, during the several hours I only saw a handful of players with no titles or achievements of high-level characters.

Are there new players in this game anymore? Is anybody having the epic feeling of entering to this game for the first time? Where can I find 'em?
    Just introduced a friend to the game, completly new. While leveling I skipped through the whole "compare achievment" thing and a great many people I've encountered had only around 10-100 achievments which is an very low number. Just by leveling her to 80 she now has around 50~.

So there are indeed new players and quite a few, because only a small minority of those will be people who turned off account wide achievments. But the first title you can already get way before 60 which you can reach in 2-3 days even as a completly new player.

Deleted
    Three friends of mine have started their WoW experience last December

There must be new players coming to the game. How else can they be that bad in LFR and LFD... :S?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    There must be new players coming to the game. How else can they be that bad in LFR and LFD... :S?
    they waited for the pull then went for a drink leaving their char auto attacking?

Quote Originally Posted by Belimawr View Post
    they waited for the pull then went for a drink leaving their char auto attacking?
    Lol!

On topic, there are a lot of players who are new and even at max level do not know how to play their character.

That was me for 90% of Wrath of the Lich King. I had no idea how to play a DK until a month or two into ICC.

Ulduar wasn't really..fun for me. If DKs weren't grossly OP in Ulduar, my random button mashing would've made my dps so bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Most new players I see now are from brazil.

Deleted
    There won't really be any new players on those high pop realms, if any at all then they're ones who already know someone on the realm, but can those really be considered new? Probably more than 99% of all truely new players will choose a realm designated as "New players" or "Low".

The definition of "New" being a player who knows absolutely no person in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Most new players I see now are from brazil.
    That's honestly the last place I'd expect to see new players.

Huh. Interesting though!

As a social game, most new WoW players are friends of existing WoW players. In other words, most new players aren't going to be the type sitting in starting zones or trade chat asking for help.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 12:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    That's honestly the last place I'd expect to see new players.

Huh. Interesting though!
    The Brazilian language version of WoW is relatively recent, if I am not mistaken. It makes sense for a portion of the new players to originate from Brazil.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    As a social game, most new WoW players are friends of existing WoW players. In other words, most new players aren't going to be the type sitting in starting zones or trade chat asking for help.

---------- Post added 2013-02-03 at 12:26 AM ----------

The Brazilian language version of WoW is relatively recent, if I am not mistaken. It makes sense for a portion of the new players to originate from Brazil.
    I completely forgot they launched the Brazilian version of WoW maybe a year ago or so.

I have a guild for new players. I have a spam macro that I hit every once in awhile in town and I get messages. What is surprising isn´t the number of new players, it is the number of people coming back that haven´t played since BC or Vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    There won't really be any new players on those high pop realms, if any at all then they're ones who already know someone on the realm, but can those really be considered new? Probably more than 99% of all truely new players will choose a realm designated as "New players" or "Low".

The definition of "New" being a player who knows absolutely no person in the game.
    Just because they know someone doesn't mean they're not new. What kind of logic is that?!