Deleted

[GoT] When the main protagonist dies

What if George R. R. Martin is going to die way before the story was told?

Yes, i know, he himself would say "F... you" for that question, but still i would wonder if someone else would be allowed to continue his work.

Deleted
    He's already told the show creators how he wants to finish the story, so I assume there are other people who know as well.

Obviously someone else would continue to write for this franchise, as it is far too valuable to let it die. They can probably rely on some manuscript or some hearsay.

The fans would buy it, but then everyone would agree that this is rubbish, badly written and the stroylines never intended by grrm - no matter if they indeed completly rewrote the story, or just spellchecked some original texts.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Obviously someone else would continue to write for this franchise, as it is far too valuable to let it die. They can probably rely on some manuscript or some hearsay.

The fans would buy it, but then everyone would agree that this is rubbish, badly written and the stroylines never intended by grrm - no matter if they indeed completly rewrote the story, or just spellchecked some original texts.
    Agreed, this is the obvious outcome, as the list of famous authors whose works were continued posthumously would take up pages in this post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post

Wheel of Time says you're wrong.

I've noticed that people who read are rarely as toxic as the people who watch shows, movies, and play video games.
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    Wheel of Time says you're wrong.

I've noticed that people who read are rarely as toxic as the people who watch shows, movies, and play video games.
    You do have a point, I read Micro, which was finished by another author after Michael Crichton died, it may not have been on par with his previous works, but it was far from garbage. Reviews for the book were fairly decent averaging 3 stars, so I guess as you say, most readers are a bit forgiving.