Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Problem is that you wanted to ride the wave once you saw some had already started paddling, at this point it's too late.
    If you have a plan stick to it.

I made 700g last week just by holding onto my auctions (I'm working a specific market ) instead of canceling and relisting. After that I knew prices would drop again (people need time to get the items I work on) and now ofcourse they dropped close to 70g a piece.

There's a couple of rules for beginners though.

1. Make a plan, spitball it and if people can't refute it, go with it.
    2. Never trade after announcements. Chances are you're already late.
    3. Check volatility and avoid it.

P.S.: I'll buy your skins for 75% of their current listing, if you're scared of breaking even (afaik, no need)

I actually had little to no intention of investing in the skins. I didn't think they would ultimately be that profitable. However, the possibility of them being permanently retired was a game changer. Not that I was ever on the Halloween skin boat, but I didn't want to look back months from now and see a skin I could have bought for 15-30g selling for 100g+. I don't make gold that easily, so that's a huge profit margin to me, even with the wait.

However, at the end of the day I'm just not a gambler at heart, I don't like taking risks, so now I'm having that, "OMG, what have I done?!" feeling. :P

Good news lane, super skinns have been rising again =D http://www.gw2spidy.com/item/41946

About time. :P

Meanwhile, I made about 100g off my small stockpile of Crystalline Dust. Could have made more if I'd known prices were going up because of the Lyssa nerf. I sold at 30-35s when I could have gotten 40-45s. Even still, some old 10 stacks of mine for 75s that I listed during the last spike finally sold, so yay.