Thread: Macros

Deleted

Macros

I am trying to make some good macros for my aff specc and i suck at it but this one i made..

/cast Dark Soul
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap

which is a no brainer the pull macro or brust macro for later in the fight

and

/cast Soulburn
    /cast Seed of Corruption

When i want to spread them corruptions..

Is there any easier way to make theese macros ? Since i am a noob when it comes to writing macros.
    And is there any other useful macros for affliction? Maybe just sb:sw without ds and bf in it..
    Last edited by mmoce652a21f10; 2013-02-03 at 02:30 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    #show tooltip soulswap
    /cast soulburn
    /cast soulswap

is essential imo.

as for other macro's, if you want to save on keybinds, i find modifier macro's really usefull. for example,

#showtooltip
    /cast [modifier:ALT] drain soul; malefic grasp

change alt to shift or control as you please, and the #showtooltip will make the icon change when you press the modifier key

For SB:SS i have found this to be more stable :
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [mod:alt] Soul Swap
    /stopmacro [mod:alt]
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap
    by simply pressing this it will do SB:SS,by pressing it along with alt it will just do soul swap

For Felhunter :
    #showtooltip summon felhunter
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
    /cast Soulburn
    /use summon felhunter
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

This is a more stable version to insta summon a pet (change felhunter to anything you prefer), since regular bugs sometimes
    This one with alt+key bind will summon the pet, without alt will insta cast it along with soulburn
    #showtooltip summon felhunter
    /cast [mod:alt] summon felhunter
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
    /cast Soulburn
    /use summon felhunter
    /run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

Edit : If this is helpful for you here are 2 macros for seed of corruptions, since i didnt see about it on your comment the first time.

The first is the regular mode:alt
    #showtooltip Seed of Corruption
    /cast [mod:alt] Seed of Corruption
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Seed of Corruption

you press it regularly and it does soulburn and seed of corruption, then along with alt it simply does seed of corruption.

Now an other macro if you find it hard to keep pressing alt if you spam seed of corruption you can use this one :
    #showtooltip Seed of Corruption
    /cast [mod:alt] Soulburn
    /cast Seed of Corruption
    /cast Seed of Corruption

Regural keybind is doing seed of corruption whilt alt+keybind will do SB:SoCorruption
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-04 at 10:11 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pitakos View Post
    For SB:SS i have found this to be more stable :
    #showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [mod:alt] Soul Swap
    /cast Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap
    by simply pressing this it will do SB:SS,by pressing it along with alt it will just do soul swap
    yes! sorry i forgot i switched to this a few days ago and it is much better!

Deleted
    There is a much shorter way to do this. See:

#showtooltip Soul Swap
    /cast [nomod] Soulburn
    /cast Soul Swap
    However, why do you use SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)? As far as I know, it's used to keep druids from being un-shapeshifted on particular occasions. What do we gain from this as warlocks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nryka View Post
    There is a much shorter way to do this. See:

However, why do you use SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)? As far as I know, it's used to keep druids from being un-shapeshifted on particular occasions. What do we gain from this as warlocks?
    Dunno i originaly took this from Nadagastt.Using the default /cast soulburn /cast summon felhunter sometimes would cast soulburn but not summon felhunter,and by pressing it a second time it would waste another sou shard. With autoUnshift tho it stopped doing that.Dunno if it has to do with my latency or its just me.
    Last edited by pitakos; 2013-02-04 at 11:33 AM.

Anyone know a way to stop Soul Swap from inhaling. I sometimes take all the DOTs off a boss or mob and it sucks big time. I know I need to just be careful about spamming SB SS, but if there was a way to do it through macros, that would be great.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xfachx View Post
    Anyone know a way to stop Soul Swap from inhaling. I sometimes take all the DOTs off a boss or mob and it sucks big time. I know I need to just be careful about spamming SB SS, but if there was a way to do it through macros, that would be great.
    there isnt as far as i'm aware. this seems to happen if you are out of shards and dont notice, or if you clip a cast too early. i agree it is very annoying, but as far as im aware the only way to do better at this is to just be more careful