Bugged global cooldown

Have anyone else experienced the bugged global cooldown on abilities that sometime appear? They especially appear in stressful situations like PVP when you push the button on the ability fast and many times after each other. What i am talking about is the button mashing triggers a global cooldown without the ability going off, anyone else noticed this?

This is really a major bug in the game for PVP, maybe not game breaking but close to it, i mean "loosing" a global cooldown aka 1.5 sec can be a matter of life and death in PVP.

The reason i am asking here is because i find no pattern for when it happens, is it just me that are paranoid?

What I encounter frequently is something like this....

player A presses pushback ability

player B presses pushback ability

player B gets knocked back + ability cooldown

player A does not get knocked back

This doesn't seem to be the case with stuns as I was stunning a player and in the same motion he stunned me so both of us were standing there, doing nothing for the next few seconds.

I'm not running into issues like that, but I am running into issues where for no reason my target gets dropped.

I'll be smashing buttons, wondering why nothing is happening, only to notice I have no target selected.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, you are right that it happens. Its especially noticable in PvP, but I also have it happen when out questing. Usually it happens with my Dispatch (Execute) ability and I have to wait until the GCD refreshes before I can try to Dispatch again...which usually means the target has gotten a heal to bring them out of the Dispatch range.

Also, I have no insight as to why it happens unless it has something to *possibly* with jumping or slamming 2 keys nearly simultaneously, or like you said it could be spamming one key while the GCD is refreshing.

Quote Originally Posted by tuborgen View Post
    Have anyone else experienced the bugged global cooldown on abilities that sometime appear? They especially appear in stressful situations like PVP when you push the button on the ability fast and many times after each other. What i am talking about is the button mashing triggers a global cooldown without the ability going off, anyone else noticed this?

This is really a major bug in the game for PVP, maybe not game breaking but close to it, i mean "loosing" a global cooldown aka 1.5 sec can be a matter of life and death in PVP.

The reason i am asking here is because i find no pattern for when it happens, is it just me that are paranoid?
    Yes! It started happening to me just recently, I had never had it happen and now it's happening all the time. Don't know why. I didn't expect it to be something happening to other people. Maybe I should post in the tech support forum...

This was happening when I was still playing back in July. As far as I know, it's always been an issue. It especially sucked as a tank when I wanted to pop a defensive CD in a particularly hairy situation and the ability wasn't used, but my GCD still went off. It's annoying.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes it almost makes my juggernaut unplayable because I can't get off a gosh darn shatter @..@

10+ Year Old Account
    wow, this bug is still in the game...

This bug is in the game since vanilla. It happens if you smash you buttons when changing an ability (for example it does not happen if you want to repeat an ability). I guess the server checks if it was possible in the time window since the last used ability as a cheat protection, and sometimes client and server get out of sync.
    So the client already triggers the CD, but the server did not execute the ability. It's hardly possible to reproduce, but I guess this happened to everyone who is playing the game longer and is smashing keys.

One reason more to buy a mouse with programmable keys like Razer is offering. Never had this issue as you don't need to smash any button.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    One reason more to buy a mouse with programmable keys like Razer is offering. Never had this issue as you don't need to smash any button.
    I'm not a button smasher and I had this problem numerous times. I think it has to do with the ability queue. I don't think it works right.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    I'm not a button smasher and I had this problem numerous times. I think it has to do with the ability queue. I don't think it works right.
    Ok, I might not be aware of it then. I upped my queue time to 1.0 and usually press shortly before an activity finishes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    This bug is in the game since vanilla. It happens if you smash you buttons when changing an ability (for example it does not happen if you want to repeat an ability). I guess the server checks if it was possible in the time window since the last used ability as a cheat protection, and sometimes client and server get out of sync.
    So the client already triggers the CD, but the server did not execute the ability. It's hardly possible to reproduce, but I guess this happened to everyone who is playing the game longer and is smashing keys.
    Vanilla? You're aware that this is a thread about SWTOR don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Ok, I might not be aware of it then. I upped my queue time to 1.0 and usually press shortly before an activity finishes.
    My queue was at .5 seconds.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Do you have any add-ons running for other games like WoW or Rift? Try disabling those. This happened to me for the first time last fall when I installed WoW for the Halloween and Thanksgiving holidays. After loading all of my add-ons my SWTOR gameplay became garbage. Once I uninstalled everything, it's back to perfect response time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hezo View Post
    Vanilla? You're aware that this is a thread about SWTOR don't you?
    No, I was not.