Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Great brewfest kodo & Swift White Hawkstrider : which one is the rarest ?

Hi

After farming for long days, i just looted the Swift White Hawkstrider from Kael'Thas Sunstrider on Magister's terrace.

I was using the Great brewfest kodo (i also have the the Swift Brewfest ram but since it's buyable, everyone has it) and i am wondering : which one is the rarest ? (= Which one should i ride ?)

I also have Headless Horseman's mount but everyone has it ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Swift Brewfest Ram can't be bought. Also, Hawkstrider's probably more rare.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaldrus View Post
    If I go 10 times to MgT the mount will drop atleast once. I call bullshit on the 2% dropchance :P

Brewfest is prob more rare purely because it is bound to a certain event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both of them are technically [rare] quality, but I don't think either is actually rare-rare. I'd guess that players who collect mounts even casually probably have both of them.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Why don't you ride the one you like the most? I have both and never ride either.

The brewfest mounts are more rare in terms of obtaining one, cause its only for a limited time. The hawkstrider is more easily farmed and in my eyes not as rare as the brewfest ones.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaldrus View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=33977
    When i wanted to check the droprate, i saw that Driz Tumblewick was selling it for 100g.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    When i wanted to check the droprate, i saw that Driz Tumblewick was selling it for 100g.
    They used to be purchased rather then drops, but it hasn't been that way for four or five years.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    great brewfest kodo for the sake that its only farmable one time of the year, hawkstrider is constantly farmable every day even though its drop rate may be significantly lower.

And I should know, I had both of them
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Deleted
    Only if you still have a stamp from the first brewfest.

Hawkstrider probably more common just because you're not limited to 3 weeks over x alts each year to get it, whereas you can do a run for hawkstrider every day.

Still purchasable as of MoP. (If you got the hand stamp from 07 Brewfest)
    From the comments.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

The hawk is farmable daily and makes it easier to obtain. The kodo can only be farmed for a short time those few weeks and makes it rarer imo. With that said I'd stick with the hawkstrider because of looks, run animation, and because I earned mine back when MgT was new. Grats on obtaining it!

15+ Year Old Account
    He only sells it to players that did Brewfest the first year and got the ticket to buy that and the normal Brewfest Ram.

and I would say the Kodo is more rare over all since you need Brewfest to get it, and the Hawkstrider is always available.

Deleted
    Neither of them are "rare", so just use whichever you prefer.

I also have Headless Horseman's mount but everyone has it ...
    I wish. It's the one mount I really want and the one mount I have yet to get. >_>

As for the question, I'd say the brewfest mount as it's only obtainable during the event while you can get the hawkstrider year round.

You can only get a chance at the kodo at brewfeast which gives you 16 chances to get it if you dont use alts

The White hawkstider you have 365 (if you dont have alts) chances to get it cause you can only do the instance once a day on heroic

I thought that the great brewfest kodo was no longer obtainable, I guess I am wrong.

Eh it's a toss up. They are both pretty common.

Kodo is probably slightly harder to obtain though, since you can't farm it 365 days a year, and there's a chance you could get the Ram instead.
    Last edited by muto; 2013-02-03 at 05:45 AM.

I've ran H MGT quite a few times since Cata, no mount.

Solo'd Ony10 twice on my shaman, the mount just dropped an hour or two ago. Such is life.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargas View Post
    I've ran H MGT quite a few times since Cata, no mount.

Solo'd Ony10 twice on my shaman, the mount just dropped an hour or two ago. Such is life.
    Well you can't really complain about that, at least I wouldn't lol.