Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lorewise letting the Horde roll Human, Dwarfs etc and Vice Versa

So with the cat out of the bag regarding letting pandas roll both horde and Alliance and all this talk about how the bloodelfs should be able to choose between Horde and Alliance i was thinking Lorewise how could The horde roll a human and the Alliance roll an undead

For this to work they would need to redo the starting zones but they have done it before

The Horde lorewise could possibly be able to choose

Human - Defias Brotherhood Humans could be willing to join the horde to help fight there bitter enemy the king of Stormwind
    Im sure when you reach level 10 you would have a choice of joining the banner of SW or turning on them and becoming a Defias who are now loyal to the horde

Dwarf - The Dark Iron dwarfs could possibly turn on there dwarven brethren in some way and find that since the twilights hammer is gone the horde are the only ones who will protect them

Leper Gnomes - The leper gnomes under thermaplug could reach out to the horde plus i would roll a leper gnome in a heartbeat

Draneai - This one is tough to justify but iam sure the horde could be able to roll some kind of eradar dranaei who are still red

Nelf - I would much rather see satyrs join the horde than any nelf

Lorewise i could see the alliance being able to roll

Troll - Its possible that maybe the zandalari tribe could reach out to the Alliance but they would have to come up with a good reason for doing so

Undead - I certainly could see the Scarlet Risen joining the Alliance allowing the alliance to roll undead

Tauren - The Grimtotem Tauren are practically in the alliance already

Goblin - I envisage that the bilgewater cartel could have a bitter rival that could join the alliance just to spite the bilgewater cartel

Orc - This is prolly the hardest one to justify allowing the alliance to roll cause i cant think of any circumstance that would make a orc join the alliance

I think we should keep Pandaren and future races the only ones to roll both factions
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

15+ Year Old Account
    just because you want to join the club, doesn't mean the club wants to let you in
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

I know it wont happen but its fun to discuss how a race could theoretically join the other faction

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    So with the cat out of the bag regarding letting pandas roll both horde and Alliance and all this talk about how the bloodelfs should be able to choose between Horde and Alliance i was thinking Lorewise how could The horde roll a human and the Alliance roll an undead

For this to work they would need to redo the starting zones but they have done it before

Human - Defias Brotherhood Humans could be willing to join the horde to help fight there bitter enemy the king of Stormwind
    Im sure when you reach level 10 you would have a choice of joining the banner of SW or turning on them and becoming a Defias who are now loyal to the horde

Dwarf - The Dark Iron dwarfs could possibly turn on there dwarven brethren in some way and find that since the twilights hammer is gone the horde are the only ones who will protect them

Leper Gnomes - The leper gnomes under thermaplug could reach out to the horde plus i would roll a leper gnome in a heartbeat

Draneai - This one is tough to justify but iam sure the horde could be able to roll some kind of eradar dranaei who are still red

Troll - Its possible that maybe the zandalari tribe could reach out to the Alliance but they would have to come up with a good reason for doing so

Undead - I certainly could see the Scarlet Risen joining the Alliance allowing the alliance to roll undead

Goblin - I envisage that the bilgewater cartel could have a bitter rival that could join the alliance just to spite the bilgewater cartel

Orc - This is prolly the hardest one to justify allowing the alliance to roll cause i cant think of any circumstance that would make a orc join the alliance
    ]

Human - Defias is pretty much over now aren't they? defeated in Vanilla, attempted a revival in Cata but crushed for good.
    Dwarf - I agree. Dark Iron Dwarves are a great addition to the Horde
    Night Elf - No way
    Gnome - Leper Gnomes aren't a faction, they're just irradiated gnomes.
    Draenei - No way
    Worgen - No way

Orc - Absolutely no way
    Undead - Alliance bigot the hell out of all things corpsey, they'd be shunned/destroyed
    Tauren - I agree, Tauren should be a cross-faction race by now. They've helped humans in the past anyway
    Troll - No way
    Blood Elves - No way
    Goblin - Whatever hope the Alliance had of getting Goblins they lost. Steamwheedle will never forfeit neutrality and Goblins have little need for personal morales.

It's always funny when people say things can't happen in a fantasy setting since it shows how much of an imagination they truly lack.

Don't forget about the high elves!

10+ Year Old Account
    The Tauren have had far too many conflicts with genocide at the hands of the Dwarves to cross over. They only assist in class-neutral factions because like other races, they force themselves to temporarily rise above for the greater good. A permanent cross over would be impossible.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree to cross faction Tauren and Dark Iron Dwarves.

Heck they should make High Elves part of the Alliance choices now. Even more so after the recent events in Dalaran.

Humans: Actually, I really don't see the Defias having any sympathies for the horde. The Defias were created because the Stonemasons got stiffed when they were building the original Stormwind. And these days, the defias are basically wipes out.
    According to the revised lore of cata, some random Ally adventurers (not the players anymore) infiltrated the Deadmines and killed VC. Then the player characters subsequently destroy the remnants of the defias and their new leader, VVC.

Given the disappearance of most Defias mobs in revised cata zones, I think its safe to assume the defias are wiped out. Even then, why would the defias humans suddenly hate the Horde any less just because they've been living as bandits in Elwynn?

Dwarves: Hmmm...could possibly see this. While the majority of the Dark irons followed Moira Thaurissan Bronzebeard and are now in the alliance, I COULD see a rogue faction still hating the Bronzebeards, and now that they've been freed from Twilight Hammer slavery, decided to join the horde.

Leper Gnomes: These guys are insane, and outside of what appears to be (an unexplained as far as I know) alliance with SOME Dark Irons (And the Dark iron mobs may not even be affiliated with the Lepers in Gnomregan), they basically want to kill EVERYONE. To crazy to join either faction, tho the ally gnomes are working hard to try and cure/save the Lepers.

Draneai- The Draneai themselves would never join the horde (Pretty sure the memory of the atrocities of the old horde just make it too hard for them to ally with the orcs). The Eredar, on the other hand...are affilated with the Burnring Legion and thus want to kill everyone on Azeroth. I couldn't see them break away to join the horde, because...well, the break aways already exist, its the Draneai.

Nelf: Will never happen, the horde have destroy too much of the forests.

Undead- This COULD possibly happen, as I could see humans start to realize that some forsaken are actually relatives, and may be happy to discover somebody they thought dead was walking around again, especially if the forsaken don't inhertently want to kill all living. For example, if my dad died in a war and I suddenly found him walking around as a forsaken, able to think and retaining his own personality (And he didn't want to kill me and eat my brains ) I'd be damn happy to have him back around.

Tauren- Don't know enough about their lore, but from the little i'bve played of them in WC3, i'd assume that they possibly feel too indebted to the Horde since they were almost extinct prior to WC3?

Goblin - This could EASILY happen, as the goblin race a whole is Neutral. I could see a trade prince that may have been/still is enemies with Gallywix decide that going full Alliance would be better for business, especially if an enmity for gallywix and his horde goblins meant that cartel refused to deal with the horde anyway.

Orc: No way! Its just not Warcraft if Orcs and Humans aren't enemies! At least as a whole, I can easily see the odd human and orc becoming friends or shacking up, but the overall races/factions? No, the enmity is too iconic to the franchise. Hell (IMO) it IS the franchise.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    all this talk about how the bloodelfs should be able to choose between Horde and Alliance
    This talk is actually usually about letting the High Elves join the Alliance. Arguments against it include that the High Elves are a rather small group.

Ehh maybe. I don't think the Horde would allow any humans, as half the races hate the humans in general.

Maybe. I don't think the Horde would sympathize with former Twilight's Hammer members though.

Ehhhhhh perhaps. Thermaplugg is dead though, so I can't really imagine there'd be big enough of a leper gnome presence to warrant a race.

Ehhh those guys are Burning Legion, which Horde and Alliance alike hate, so I can't see that happening.

Satyrs are also followers of the Burning Legion; see my previous reason.

The Zandalari are allied with the Mogu now, so I can't really see this happening either.

The Scarlet Crusade and the Argent Crusade are mortal enemies, so I can't see the Silver Hand allowing anything of the sort to happen. Also, they're all but wiped out anyway, and they don't really have a way to propagate.

Okay this one I can kinda see. The Grimtotem are allied with the Alliance in Stonetalon because of convenience, so they could be like the Forsaken are with the Horde. However, they've suffered so many losses that I don't know if there's enough of them left.

Sure, maybe. Goblins are originally neutral, so there could be a faction that decides to join the Alliance. Don't know how they'd get along with goblins though (think Fizzle and Pozzik's Speedbarge in 1k Needles).

Yeah I'm not sure if there's ANY faction of orcs that would team up with the Alliance.

For any of this to ever really happen then the whole Horde and alliance would need to change dramatically and with the removal of garrosh who knows what the horde will look like when hes gone and the fact that varian is now more forgiving and peaceful he would be willing to let in new allys if they came up to his door cap in hand

Desperation makes strange bedfellows and a little imagination anything is possible if homogenization is what blizz is aiming for in the future

Stood in the Fire Static Transit's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see a lot of good reasons, but for gameplay's sake, I say that if you want to be a Horde race, be Horde (same for Alliance). Pandaren are one thing since they were exposed to both factions at the same time, but I don't like the idea of "just pick whatever faction you want, all races are open." It would kinda remove the feel of WoW.

No... The Horde has been assaulting the Defias for some time, hoping they could basically suck up a bit to the Alliance.
    Not bloody likely. The Horde really hates the Dark Iron's corruption. Besides, Hordies were quite happy to 'rescue' the dwarven Princess from those muddled mad people. Got a big thank-you from Magni and everything.
    It is quite possible that the Leper Gnomes would turn to the Forsaken for help with their illness. The Apothecary is actually looking into the problem. They're the only ones.
    An eredar wouldn't last long among a group of Orcs. Velen would stand a much better chance.
    Night Elves have much more in common with the Horde than they do the Alliance. If only the Horde would kick out the Warsong and solve the Ashenvale problem...
    Humans and Trolls have quite a history of animosity. That being said, the Darkspear have contacted the Alliance for help against the Zandalari.
    Not likely; the Scarlet Risen are completely off their rockers. It would be much more likely for a group of Lordearon undead to sever from the Forsaken.
    Those same Grimtotem that are being led by Magatha and using fel magic?
    Goblins would probably work for anything who can pay.
    Have you completed Thrall's quest-line in the Cataclysm? His wish is for the Horde to join the Alliance, under Varian Wrynn.

We could easily assume that there are already humans and gnomes in the Horde; outcasts of the Alliance, they sought a faction that would take them, and the Horde pretty much takes any straggler on. Likewise, maybe some Orcs have found a place for themselves in the Alliance. The better organization and supplies of the Alliance must lend quite a benefit when your main goal is kicking Legion butt, and some Orcs may have crossed factions.

If this is the case, however, there would be few of these cross-faction people. Far too few to warrant a free-for-all faction pick. Just like any race could be of any class; those are the exceptions. And exceptions should remain exceptions.

Blizz could actually do something really clever and add a 3rd faction could Mercenarys where you can choose to do both alliance and horde quests at the same time cause you dont have any loyalty to either faction

That way a Orc could help fight for the alliance if the pay is good and a worgen could fight for slyvanas

and for pvp you can switch sides anytime you want for a price so lets say horde is sucking at BGs im gonna pay 100g to switch to the alliance for a bit

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'd like a betrayal quest (similat to EQ2).
    It would have to be modified of course, but something along the lines of:
    Step 1: Betray your faction (all non-neutral, main factions now are set to hated)
    Step 2: Declare your intent to the new faction (quest series in which you work with neutral goblins to send a message to that factions leaders, along the way your rep with said factions increases to the loint where they no longer attack you on sight)
    Step 3: prove yourself (rep grind to exalted with Org/Stormwind) could also add some sort of gold sink (ie 25% of gold on hand, to discourage gold seller abuse)
    Step 4: realize it would never happen because Blizz loves their faction transfer fees
    Step 5: Drink sorrow away, and reroll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Humans joining the horde is almost impossible at this point. The orcs are the main race in the horde and no self respecting orc would sympathize with or ally himself with a human. Not to mention most other horde races have some amount of hatred for humans.

Dwarves would have many of the same issues as humans with joining the horde, and while the Dark Iron have hated the Alliance in the past they've joined in now in an uneasy alliance of sorts.

Leper Gnomes are too chaotic even for the horde. The only race that would even consider allying with them is the Forsaken.

The Forsaken wouldn't be accepted by the alliance. Most alliance despise undead and worship the light. This would go into direct conflict with the Forsaken's ways.

Night Elves despise the horde far too much for the destruction of Ashenvale to ever consider joining the horde.

Draneai are too goody goody to join the horde. Even the evilest of draneai would be a saint compared to other races in Warcraft.

Trolls hate everyone save for the darkspear who are totally loyal to Thrall and the horde.

Tauren like the Trolls are totally loyal to the horde. While the spare Tauren might go rogue and join a neutral faction they are for the most part completely against everything the Alliance stands for. As for the Grimtotem they are basically pure evil and would only join the alliance out of pure necessity and even then wouldn't probably be accepted by the holy light worshipers.

Goblins are possible because of their neutrality but honestly I don't see any real reason a trade prince would want to give up neutrality to join the alliance.

Orcs... I really won't even go into the reasons why they wouldn't join the alliance because lets face it... there are just waaaaay to many.

As for the Satyr and Eridar... fel is hated everywhere so... yeah.

The only possible thing that would make sense lorewise is half-breeds. Half-Orcs might find a place in the alliance or horde equally depending on what resulted in their birth. Half-Elves however would not be accepted by the Horde nor would they have any reason as far as I can see to want to join it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    No... The Horde has been assaulting the Defias for some time, hoping they could basically suck up a bit to the Alliance.

Not bloody likely. The Horde really hates the Dark Iron's corruption. Besides, Hordies were quite happy to 'rescue' the dwarven Princess from those muddled mad people. Got a big thank-you from Magni and everything.

It is quite possible that the Leper Gnomes would turn to the Forsaken for help with their illness. The Apothecary is actually looking into the problem. They're the only ones.

An eredar wouldn't last long among a group of Orcs. Velen would stand a much better chance.

Night Elves have much more in common with the Horde than they do the Alliance. If only the Horde would kick out the Warsong and solve the Ashenvale problem...

Humans and Trolls have quite a history of animosity. That being said, the Darkspear have contacted the Alliance for help against the Zandalari.

Not likely; the Scarlet Risen are completely off their rockers. It would be much more likely for a group of Lordearon undead to sever from the Forsaken.

Those same Grimtotem that are being led by Magatha and using fel magic?

Goblins would probably work for anything who can pay.

Have you completed Thrall's quest-line in the Cataclysm? His wish is for the Horde to join the Alliance, under Varian Wrynn.

We could easily assume that there are already humans and gnomes in the Horde; outcasts of the Alliance, they sought a faction that would take them, and the Horde pretty much takes any straggler on. Likewise, maybe some Orcs have found a place for themselves in the Alliance. The better organization and supplies of the Alliance must lend quite a benefit when your main goal is kicking Legion butt, and some Orcs may have crossed factions.

If this is the case, however, there would be few of these cross-faction people. Far too few to warrant a free-for-all faction pick. Just like any race could be of any class; those are the exceptions. And exceptions should remain exceptions.
    I could be mistaken but I think that vision was just him forging peace with Varian, not actually joining the Alliance.

After they allowed pve-to-pvp server transfers and both factions toons on the same realm, I don't put any silliness beyond Blizzard.

People are just hell bent to destroy every semblance of uniqueness in this game.....

Give all equipment to all toons please...
    Give all classes all skills please...
    Give all classes all roles please...
    Give all races all class please...
    Give all factions all race please...

Why don't we just make ever character a big gray fucking blob, give them every skill in the game including racials, and rename horde and alliance to Faction A and Faction B. Would save alot of time.

Back on topic; your Lore justifications are horrible and make no sense. Of the worst I've seen posted on these forums.