The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post

Oh god those auto generated subs.

During English speaking bit "the first album that is completely written by Jeff which is a very big deal for an artist to do" then GEM starts speaking in mandarin or Cantonese and "when she would send you an email $200 should always be there four size in shoe so he says it all joined da vinci issues she gonna buffon"

Maybe these auto subs should detect when it's speaking a different language...also the subs got her name wrong even in English.

Obake if she's speaking Cantonese let me know what she's actually saying
    LMAO, these subs are funny. It's all in Mandarin, but from my limited knowledge, she just talks about the work that went into the album, i.e. 3 years in the making, all self composed and such, while still touring and appearing on shows in China.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay Odd she's even uploading videos in Mandarin now! She's gone full Mandarin I guess. Wonder if her regular vlogs in the future will be in Mandarin or Cantonese.

Also BHD linked an OMGirl talk for you earlier that had YooA speaking in both Cantonese and Mandarin apparently and we wanted you to tell us how much of each or if it seemed intentional xD

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...american-album

RaNia starts a crowdfunding for an American single, lol.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a crowdfunding website specifically for Kpop releases? wut? I don't even know how that exists.

Just checked the other listening, seems to be some random nugu solos trying to get an album and some people making "officially licensed" phone cases for big bands.

As for Ranias, seems this is bad AKPop reporting again, there is nothing on the actual page stating it's for an American single, in fact it's not a single it states on their page it's for a mini album so that AKP writer didn't even read the page he's promoting. It doesn't specify country however people in the AKP comments are saying on Ranias website they state it's a Korean release not American.

Rania originally debuted as a group intending to promote in America, that's why a lot of their songs had English versions. They even had dates set but things happened that kept pushing it back and they never ended up doing it. With adding this American girl who can't even speak Korean I think AKP assumed they're finally going to promote in America and upon seeing this decided to report it as an American album without getting any facts first. So typical AKP reporting style

They do kind of need crowd funding to get an album though, their new mini they just released has tracks recorded back in 2013. Only one song I think has Alex on it because they only recorded one song recently the rest has the old members on the track rofl, they just couldn't afford to release anything until now.

Also $300 for a one-day date with Rania? If I had a job and was in Korea I'd probably do that tbh! or $200 for a Dinner, that last one doesn't even have a limit. They could end up having a hundred dinners!

- - - Updated - - -

Also I notice Alex isn't on any of those promotion pictures, there were mixed reports on if she was actually a member of the group or not so maybe she's just for that one song.

- - - Updated - - -

The phone case ones are kind of hilarious. You get the phone case if you donate $45 but you can also donate less, in which case you get nothing. They're basically just selling phone cases through crowd funding. It's not even going into production as something you can buy later they say it's limited release so it's literally just "pay us now and we'll give you this thing later, or not if you donate less than $45"

10+ Year Old Account
    They're selling themselves as dinner dates now? Sounds like a genius move but still kind of funny.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Also anyone remember that reddit article that said the average price of a release was like 200k or something crazy? wtf are they going to do with $4500.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Also anyone remember that reddit article that said the average price of a release was like 200k or something crazy? wtf are they going to do with $4500.
    Buy a song from 2013
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    They're selling themselves as dinner dates now? Sounds like a genius move but still kind of funny.
    All of these kinds of things have rewards, scroll down to see them.

$200 gets you a Dinner date + all previous rewards. Doesn't say if it's alone or not so I'd imagine it'd be you + Rania + everyone else that paid $200
    $300 gets a one-day date + all previous rewards apart from the Dinner date. So I guess you get to spend the day with them, limited to 5 people so you + Rania + up to 4 other people.

Then there is the more regular stuff, $35 gets you a signed CD, that I assume would be not including shipping but still I'd pay that for a signed CD if I had money right now xD

$5 gets you all tracks from the album, assuming digital.

$65 gets you a showcase ticket that lets in 2 people and $110 gets you a photo time showcase ticket.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's not the craziest thing thats ever been a reward on crowd funding. Super Troopers 2 had a crowd funding final prize set at I think $1m that was one of the cast would father a child subject to the legality of paying someone to father a child. Don't think anyone paid that one though

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just funny because they seem so desperate after recruiting a non-Asian. Kudos to the (current) girls for not leaving I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

So I heard you share my love for Seunghee facial expressions: https://twitter.com/shaytyen/status/662436855254642688
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I guess this was a last resort, they clearly have even less money than Pledis if it took them over 2 years to release a mini and were recording songs for it back in 2013. Most surprising thing is the low number. It's pretty sad that they don't even have $4500.

- - - Updated - - -

They'll most likely disband soon as well if they're resorting to this, and the best members left I figured out why I don't like them as much. I think it's because Jooyi is gone.

AND LOL That was the best Seunghee facial expression. I think she might move up to 4th spot based on facial expressions alone.

- - - Updated - - -

Also their debut stage of their new song. Alex is barely on stage at all, don't think she had time to learn the dance or anything or she can't dance like they do since she's not trained as an idol.

Actually liking the song more the more I listen to it but don't like Alexs rapping tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    I linked it in KKT but I'll link it here too: http://onehallyu.com/topic/143581-oh...loser/page-217

That and the next page has several pictures from a new magazine pictorial, and the next page has some translated parts from Jiho's interview. They celebrated their 200th day since debut yesterday I think so they suddenly dropped lots of pictures via the magazine and on their fancafé :3

And yeah Seunghee is legit moving up the bias list solely on her facial expressions, she's so funny!

Sadly I don't really like that RaNia song at all
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-11-06 at 10:32 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Ohh awesome! I need Apink to do that. You have no idea how hard it is to find a somewhat recent picture of Eunji that would make a good avatar. I'm finding just thousands of gifs or pictures from her in Sassy go go, very few good photos like those ;-;

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly life is telling you to get an OMGirl avatar instead I have similar struggles with live performances from Zion.T and Mad Clown, before I could just search for their names and get lots of different songs and performances but lately it's only music shows and the like, so it's the same 2-3 songs flooding in. Now I have to get specific in my searches but I just want something, I don't know what I'm searching for until I find it! D:
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    This was linked on the page you linked. OMGirl as vampires, pretty cool looking!

10+ Year Old Account
    Some fan had fun editing, I like it
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading through the Apink thread trying to find Eunji pictures, I was mentioning to Pistol how being an Apink fan gives you so much stuff to enjoy and watch compared to say f(x) and although this is old from 10th of September, I thought this was funny. The Pink Panda schedule posted when someone was asking what their day off is (it was Sunday apparently)

Mon : Eunji drama
    Tue: Eunji drama + Namjoo on off to school for a few weeks as well <33
    Wed: Hayoung on weekly idols
    Thursday; Apink on V app
    Friday: Naeun drama
    Sat: Naeun drama

A good hours or sos worth of new entertainment every day bar Sundays as a regular schedule not including one off schedules heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    What was it that really made Apink's popularity go through the roof? I don't remember at all. Was it one of their songs or was it something like an Eunji drama? You mentioned not that long ago one of their songs had more awards than any SNSD song, was that the cause or did it come after?

- - - Updated - - -

Ohh right, "NoNoNo" was huge, wasn't it?
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Luv is the third highest music show winning song ever with 17 wins yea, compared to 4th which is tied between Lion Heart, Gee and Growl at 14. Although 3 of Luvs wins were on The Show which a lot of people don't count, Lion Heart only had one The Show win and Gee none, and Luv never won Show Music Core where as Lion Heart won every music show at least once.

As for what made them popular I don't think it was one thing like Gee with SNSD I think it was a steady rise in popularity over the course of their releases and activities. I'd say the start of them becoming big was No No No though or Mr. Chu, Mr. Chu was the first of their songs to win a lot of music shows. No No No won 2 and My My won 1 before that. But I mean they've always been one of those obviously going to be big groups, they won best new girl group at the Mamas, Best newcommer Artist at the Golden disk, New Artist award at the Seoul awards and Rookie of the year at the Gaon chart awards. Also they've won some strange awards looking at this. They won 1st Military Chart Award Best Girl Group in 2014

I think Eunjis acting career blowing up might have helped them a little but I doubt that made a huge impact on Apink as a whole, look at Suzy compared to Miss As popularity. So Yea I think overall it was just their songs kept getting more and more popular until they were huge.

I'm surprised you don't like them more tbh, they do remind me of an early SNSD in a lot of ways.

- - - Updated - - -

Also if this link works do you think any of these would make a good avatar/which one would be best?

http://imgur.com/49bEGh7&C8jQJld&Sku...rO6e17&hTmzelP

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    Ohh right, "NoNoNo" was huge, wasn't it?
    Yea I think NoNoNo was the start of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see. I didn't remember much of their previous accomplishments but I thought they had that one big break. Apparently not! As for me not liking them, I guess it's because from what I can tell their releases stay too similar, like they're not trying out new things and it's kind of boring for me. A lot of girl groups start of with a similar concept as SNSD but in SNSD's case they moved onto new things after Kissing You. For example, I didn't care for EXO at their debut because although the songs were pretty good it felt like just another male group. Then Wolf came and it was really different and it got me hooked. Also OMGirl. It took a while before I liked Cupid, I was only watching for the choreography at first. Closer really stands out so now I'm hooked there too

I think the 3rd picture looks like a good avatar.
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-11-06 at 12:11 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    It's all a similar style yea. Apink can't really do sexy at all so that's ruled out. They did start off quite different though, Hush is very different to everything that came after.

Here is a time stamped link of when Weekly Idol had them all try sexy, watch it it's awesome, the best is Chorong trying to imitate Gains dance from paradise lost xD
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fPNjANahSM&t=31m00s

And although they might stay in that kind of innocent/fun concept they do change, if you compare say My My to Remember or Petal they're quite different songs, so they do change but just no where near as much or as fast as say Hello Venus.

And cool I might go with the third one then!