10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I think there is some jpop but it's still pop. It doesn't say in the title but it makes about as much sense as discussing some independent trance artist in a thread about western pop.
    There's also C-pop if you check the last few pages.

You're welcome to discuss any Asian music here but the people who frequent the thread tend to prefer pop which is why it's mostly pop (There is a bit of J-rock too)

10+ Year Old Account
    When the thread started I tried to get people into some japanese post hardcore, but I believe I tried in vain
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I'm definitely way more into pop than anything else.

I mean I like things like GD& TOP which is more rap than pop, and Indie things like that bunny thing Asme linked sometimes too, and I like 'some' J-rock but it's a very small amount. (Pretty much just Gackt)

Also this weeks unofficial top 20 K-pop. The order is stupid, Rania and Girl's Day should both be way higher up and there's a BAP song in there still that should have dropped out 10 weeks ago, but still. Some good songs including G.NAs and Infinites new songs.

And before Mig comes along and says Infinite should be number 1, don't worry they will be next week. He makes these orders based largely on how often he's listened to these songs this week and since Infinites was released half way through the week or later, he hasn't had as long to listen to it. But that's why he put -hot- after the new so you know it will be number 1 next week lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    B.A.P simply doesn't drop out of top X lists \o/

Have any favorite songs with Gackt? I used to listen to him ages ago, but I didn't listen to that many songs. Only one I can remember the name of is Speed Master, which is great.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus is fantastic, I think a big reason for my love of this song though is the MV. A good MV often makes me like a song way more than if it had a bad one xD
    It's quite a dark MV though, not much happens in it but the theme makes it good.

And here's some of my other favorites.
    Ghost
    Returner
    Metamorphosis with a fantastic gundam style MV

And of course no Gackt list would be complete without Redemption. The first Gackt song I ever heard, and also the very first asian language song I heard outside of an anime, so the first Asian MV I ever saw.
    Well...okay I just noticed the upload date was 2010 and it also says 2010 in the description so maybe I'm wrong on that one since the first Gackt song I heard was in New Zealand, and I wasn't in New Zealand in 2010 so that's odd. I know it was definitely Gackt though xD I moved to Aus in 2008 so I feel like this song was released pre 2008 xD or it was a different song.

Re-looking through these songs now, I think the reason I like gackt a lot more than other J-rock is because Gackt has fanastic MVs. Everyone one of those songs has a MV I could watch all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    When the thread started I tried to get people into some japanese post hardcore, but I believe I tried in vain
    Hardcore is so 2010

LeeSSang is good if you want rap/hip-hop.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking to me I already listen to LeeSSang

If you're talking to the new people that came in, I think they're all strictly Japanese music listeners.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers for the links, Anak! After listening more to ONE OK ROCK I re-found my love for japanese rock/metal. Gotta expand that playlist :3

Haven't heard LeeSSang. I think I saw you link a song with them earlier, asme, but I didn't click D: Do want more hiphop/rap
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Both their best (imo) and most recent song, featuring a girl from SeeYa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77qAgl1SCPk

Oh, Japanese listeners only. I hardly know Japenese artists though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been listening to a lot more lately, a lot more C-pop too, but all pop except for Gackt.

leo Ieiri is fantastic! Unfortunately only half her MVs are on youtube like a lot of Japanese pop singers.

---------- Post added 2013-03-24 at 11:35 PM ----------

Well at least the live perf has more to it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7bfhS01QiQ
    Last edited by Anakso; 2013-03-24 at 03:36 PM.

I'm the same as you Asme. I don't know many japanese artists as well.

It's not that I don't care about them, I'm open for all kinds of music. It's just that since I only started listening to kpop 4 months ago, I have so much to listen to that I haven't even gotten the time yet to figure out half of the Korean artists even, let alone the other countries.

Have any of you bought an entire album or mini album, off of say yesasia or something, for just 1 song? Cause there are a couple songs from this 1 japanese singer that I listen to, JASMINE, but 3 of them are all on their separate mini albums. Only thing is each mini album cost like ~$15 each off of yesasia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77pLFc1uMQE

^ This is one of those songs.

Japanese albums are expensive. Mig linked an article about it a few pages back.
    I did actually with the first SNSD single, specially for Beginning.

-edit- Found the article. http://www.nippon-sekai.com/main/art...-so-expensive/
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-03-24 at 11:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    Hey I had a really really really tiny discussion on it with Badhairday so it still can be linked if you want to
    There is also several J-pop links literally right above this post.

---------- Post added 2013-03-25 at 07:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Japanese albums are expensive. Mig linked an article about it a few pages back.
    I did actually with the first SNSD single, specially for Beginning.

-edit- Found the article. http://www.nippon-sekai.com/main/art...-so-expensive/
    Stereopony are nice, I like a few of their songs but not that one. I should get more of them

I have Hanbunko and Sweet Blue in my playlist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now there's some more J-rock too!

Cave Cave Deus Videt

I know that 2nd song from somewhere but I can't remember from where.

TM Revolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hqnKt7s-bU

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the first intro in the anime Death Note, that's how I found that band They did the first outro too.

By the way, the post hardcore band I've mentioned (Maximum The Hormone), they did the second intro/outro to Death Note! :3 That song is called What's Up, People?!

@asme If Post Hardcore is 2010, then boy bands is soo 90s!
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-03-25 at 07:25 AM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

People watched the Death Note anime?

90s were good though.
    Hardcore is also from the 90s, Netherlands is a good country when it comes to electronic music. The Anthem, Bad Dreams, Drop It
    And Italy tooHymn
    Good times

And some more Asian music. -edit- Song is composed and written by Zico from Block B.

Anyone knows what all these "10 Corso Como Seoul Melody Preview" video's are at the SMTown Youtube channel?
    -edit- Found it
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-03-25 at 08:38 AM.