The "tax evasion" thing to me seems to be blown completely out of proportion. Just have to wait and see I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god that reddit post, I assume the groups next to peoples names are their favorite groups.
    Down the bottom, a guy with "wassup"
    I lold xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Stellar – just disband already
    Literally the only good group on the list, and that's you comment. I'm as confused by this as I am by Jackie Chan forming a k-pop group and people complaining about Jaewoong being shirtless in the Green Light dance practice video. No comprende.

Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Uh oh, possible shitstorm inc:

http://www.reddit.com/r/kpop/comment...d_for_tens_of/

On another note, I got my posters in the mail today from my friend in Korea, now I just gotta rearrange some things so I have wall space :P
    This is how Half-Life 3 and DB5K gets to happen. At the same time. On the same day.
    Nope, I totally haven't spent my time since I posted DBSK's debut performance going through their entire discography and watching three different full concerts. Not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol DBSK xD
    Otherwise known as the creators of the gayest song ever made, until N.O.M happened anyway.

Anyway, there were some amazing songs on the list so I wouldn't say Steller were the best but they are definitely awesome! Pre Marionette anyway, they changed drastically for that. I still like it unlike a lot, but it's not like their old stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

And what do you mean Pistol, if you had a chance to make a group and call it Jackie Jackie Chan Chan why wouldn't you! xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Watched the Big Bang vs Running Man episodes and apart from TOP the members were pretty funny Kinda sucked that they had to play BB music all the time, but yeah still I wasn't expecting those two eps to be *that* good!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea why do you think I like them so much honestly, they are really funny guys.

TOP can be funny too but it takes a while to get it, he's funny in the accidental way because he's so awkward so it's largely his members reactions plus him doing awkward things that make him funny xD

- - - Updated - - -

I think I've mentioned before the main reason Daesung and Seungri are my bias's is because of how funny they are.

Seungri is a huge troll to his other members and that is hilarious and Daesung was a host of FO Season 1 for a reason, he's hilarious. Him + Jaesuk = Dumb and dumber brothers, they are super funny together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Daesung felt a bit over the top though, but maybe he was just trying so hard because his members aren't as used to variety as he is.. I actually thought Taeyang and GD were the funniest in the episodes.

I honestly can't remember if TOP ever said anything but his own name in two whole episodes D:
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I think many Daesung jokes were with Jaesuk right, at least some where, you'd have had to see FO with them two to really get that xD

GD is really funny yea, Taeyang I've never seen be super humorous. The only time I can recall laughing at something he was doing was mostly because of Seungri.
    (But I don't recall much of the BB RM Episode anymore, was too long ago I saw it) xD

I just tried finding the show I was talking about on youtube but not there anymore, if you ever got 50posts on SSF i'd recommend getting it, super funny. It's the strong heart video where Taeyang talks about Yuri, and Seungri is pushing him for more information more than the hosts are even and the hosts say something like "Maybe Seungri should be a host with us" xD
    (If you haven't gotten 50 posts on SSF I'd recommend watching it anyway on somewhere else but you'd have to find the right bit, it's episode 35 and is only about 9 minutes long xD)

There is another similar one with GD talking about SNSD and Yoona also with Seungri doing his troll thing haha.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and the reason Seungri was pushing for more information with Taeyang at least is because Taeyangs story involves him going back stage at an SNSD show to see Yuri and Seungri is all "hang on why don't I know about this, I'm better friends with Yuri than you why wasn't I invited"

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I found it BHD!

Oh and if you want to see more of them to see how funny they are I can recommend you some stuff, I have only gone out of my way to watch one show with BB in it and that happens to be the episodes of running man you just watched, so the rest I'll list and I'm sure you can tell why I watched these

The one linked above
    Episode of SH with GD and Seungri talking about SNSD (can only find 50s clips which is the end of it)
    FO with Tiffany, FO with Taeyeon, FO with Yoona (think I know which you'd pick xD)
    Happy Shares Company Yoona vs Seungri (cannot recommend this highly enough, it is so good)

All great shows that you do not have to watch just for Big Bang

There is also the YG special of SH which I watched not just for BB but all YG artists but might not be your thing, has Big Bang, 2NE1, psy, tablo, SE7EN and Gummi that I can recall.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh god rewatching that episode of Strong Heart, I'm so sad that host had his tax evasion thing and had to leave, he is hilarious.

"why why why..just between us just between us okay" lol I'm crying and I've even seen this before xD

- - - Updated - - -

See it's shows like that that I really miss, not many shows as fun as that around anymore :<
    SNSD have been doing show after show but mostly talk shows and interview shows nothing with that level of humor D:

Running Man is like the last bastion of a golden era when it comes to variety shows. Well not quite the last but still xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Lol DBSK xD
    Otherwise known as the creators of the gayest song ever made, until N.O.M happened anyway.
    So, wait, Orange Caramel does an 'aegyo' song while dressed in fish suits, and everyone thinks it's hilarious and they love it. DBSK does an 'aegyo' song while dressed in fursuits, and it's the second gayest song ever made? Wow, talk about double standards. Also, Balloon is awesome. Also, the last ten seconds of Balloon are some of the greatest seconds in any MV ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso
    Anyway, there were some amazing songs on the list so I wouldn't say Steller were the best but they are definitely awesome! Pre Marionette anyway, they changed drastically for that. I still like it unlike a lot, but it's not like their old stuff.
    I generally think groups get better after they stop the cutesy act. I almost got a friend into Girls' Day the other day after she overheard Female President. The I accidentally clicked on Twinkle Twinkle, and she nope'd back out of the k-pop universe before I could stop her.

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso
    And what do you mean Pistol, if you had a chance to make a group and call it Jackie Jackie Chan Chan why wouldn't you! xD
    I don't even... Does Jackie Chan even speak Korean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    I don't even... Does Jackie Chan even speak Korean?
    Not much, he needed a translator when he was on Running Man, but he understands some words/sentences.

- - - Updated - - -

@Anakso
    I've actually seen that episode where Taeyang talks about Yuri (because Yuri was in the title!). It was pretty funny yeah Probably won't watch the YG special, but FO with SNSD members I might watch!

And yeah most shows seems to only be pretty normal interviews nowadays, I want more humor as well. Aren't Jaesuk and HaHa hosts for another variety show that is doing even better than Running Man? iirc they had some end of the year special with performances and someone teamed up with GD and AKP went nuts with their bromance.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Orange Caramels fish suits were really nice looking dresses colored to look like fish scales, they are really well crafted.

The only way you could have compared OC to Balloons is if they came out wearing this, not double standards at all, in addition, OCs song wasn't really very Aegyo either. It was fun and silly, not cutsey and Aegyo like balloons. A comparison to balloons can't even be drawn let alone a reason to claim double standards.

In general I agree, groups do get better after they stop the Aegyo phase really. Twinkle is Aegyo done right though imo :< It's fun and silly as well as Aegyo, but Girls Day definitely got better when they stopped.
    As for Marionette, I said I liked it, just not many other people seem to

I have no idea if he speaks Korean or not Pistol, but he was on RM so I think he must speak some! xD
    The groups actually name is JJCC and the label it's on (or youtube name anyway) is double JC lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Not much, he needed a translator when he was on Running Man, but he understands some words/sentences.

- - - Updated - - -

@Anakso
    I've actually seen that episode where Taeyang talks about Yuri (because Yuri was in the title!). It was pretty funny yeah Probably won't watch the YG special, but FO with SNSD members I might watch!

And yeah most shows seems to only be pretty normal interviews nowadays, I want more humor as well. Aren't Jaesuk and HaHa hosts for another variety show that is doing even better than Running Man? iirc they had some end of the year special with performances and someone teamed up with GD and AKP went nuts with their bromance.
    I didn't think you would watch the YG special of SH
    As for FO, yay! My favorite, coming at no surprise, is the one with Taeyeon in it. Highly recommend! But Yoonas was good too since you'll watch that first I imagine

Not sure, never heard anything about that show if so I'll have to check that out.

Also what about the other show the one I linked Happy Shares Company. Really good and has all of SNSD in it but focuses on Yoona.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh also FO with Taeyeon iirc was my first Yonghwa experience, I did not listen to CN Blue back then and had no idea who he was but still liked him, he was funny

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh it's several parts of that show.. Just saw the first one and it was pretty funny ^^ I'm going to finish my episode of running man before seeing the rest though!

- - - Updated - - -

Watching episode 88 now, BoA's first appearance on a variety show. The RM members shared my reaction to hearing that o_O
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted

Guess who's already making a comeback! I honestly thought A Tempo was an instrumental song. I mean, it was on the mini. Not that I'm complaining.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay, you might have seen some if you watch many SNSD montages like me and Asme do. There is one scene in particular (past the half way point iirc so it would be like part 4) that is used in many of those funny montages
    It involves them dancing to the original version of Girls Generation (the song) prior to them doing a cover to it even if I remember right, as this was one of their first shows.

Deleted
    Orange Caramels fish suits were really nice looking dresses colored to look like fish scales, they are really well crafted.

The only way you could have compared OC to Balloons is if they came out wearing this, not double standards at all, in addition, OCs song wasn't really very Aegyo either. It was fun and silly, not cutsey and Aegyo like balloons. A comparison to balloons can't even be drawn let alone a reason to claim double standards.

In general I agree, groups do get better after they stop the Aegyo phase really. Twinkle is Aegyo done right though imo :< It's fun and silly as well as Aegyo, but Girls Day definitely got better when they stopped.
    Ok, maybe not the best parallel to draw, but it was the most recent aegyo-ish song I could think of. Even still, I believe there are double standards. Male groups get away with sexy concepts easier than girl groups. On the other hand, girl groups can get away with being cutesy without people complaining too much. *Shrug*

And I that Twinkle Twinkle is aegyo done right. As far as I'm aware, it's a borderline parody of aegyo concepts. But this friend of mine tends to mock my obsession with k-pop because, to her, k-pop is about 30-year old women trying to be cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are plenty of female sexy concepts and male aegyo concepts no one complains about, it's when they go too far that it's a problem

Like Steller gropping their own butts and bathing in milk and having milk run down her lips to her breasts..maybe a bit too over the top.
    And TVXQ dancing around in animal costumes for a full MV..maybe also a bit too far there.

Like wise a video with a girl group dancing around in animal costumes doing the aegyo hand movements and faces for a full MV would be a bit too far and if a guy was bathing in milk (or maybe wearing just a tiny leather outfit such as in NOP) that's a bit too far as well.

Example of good male Aegyo (as much as BHD doesn't like them for some reason, I also linked another one in my cutsey list with K-hunter)
    Example of female sexy not taken too far (notice the lack of ass groping and milk)

Also random funny thing reading the comments on that last video:
    "So how exactly do fans do a cover of this song?"

"Hahaha, I started to learn pole dance
    I am almost ready to record my own "

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah okay, you might have seen some if you watch many SNSD montages like me and Asme do. There is one scene in particular (past the half way point iirc so it would be like part 4) that is used in many of those funny montages
    It involves them dancing to the original version of Girls Generation (the song) prior to them doing a cover to it even if I remember right, as this was one of their first shows.
    Haven't watched any montages in forever :/ From the intro I did recognize a gif I have of Yoona though ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw, I don't watch as many as I used to but every now and then I'll find my self in the SNSD montage area of youtube and just start clicking through xD

Deleted
    I dunno, Ana, both the videos you linked lacked enough dairy/gwiyomi to keep me interest. And both songs were boring. I strongly dislike Boyfriend and everything they do. But, I guess I get your point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Love Style was the first song I liked from them but they didn't peak my interest properly until Janus and I Yah, do you like them or have you heard them?

Janus is a fantastic song and so is I Yah, I Yah has a better MV though by my standards, Janus would by BHDs standards so it depends what kind of MV you like