10+ Year Old Account
    Hey Pistol, I got invited to a new member chat in Amino and I figured out how to leave chats if you still couldn't figure out how to leave that Seventeen chat you go into. :P

Listo, can you tell me what show the pictures you linked of Leo holding a baby were from? A variety/reality show of some sort?

10+ Year Old Account
    Riv I got those from the internet. That baby is his nephew!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by listo95 View Post
    Riv I got those from the internet. That baby is his nephew!
    Ohhh! I saw someone link a picture on Amino with all of them and some kids so I got confused. http://i.imgur.com/nC5dpfA.jpg

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by obake1 View Post
    Wah! This is awesome but why is she just in the audience in the second one? She's sold out concerts in Korea her self, she should be able to get back stage or something! xD

Riv as for Chad future yea I don't think it does count as Kpop he just wants it to. He's just some American artist collaborating with Koreans making bad music who thinks he's a Kpop star but can't even speak Korean.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Wah! This is awesome but why is she just in the audience in the second one? She's sold out concerts in Korea her self, she should be able to get back stage or something! xD
    I think she just went with some friends. One of the girls is Charlene Choi and idk who the other people are lol

10+ Year Old Account
    So just casually multiple HK Celebrities in the audience ha xD

I guess if her party was too large they couldn't really go back stage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Riv as for Chad future yea I don't think it does count as Kpop he just wants it to. He's just some American artist collaborating with Koreans making bad music who thinks he's a Kpop star but can't even speak Korean.
    I watched the VIXX TV episode Listo mentioned that had Chad Future on it. It was pretty painful to watch, honestly. He seemed nice enough and he make a small effort to know some Korean phrases but the language barrier was horrible. He also asked Ravi to go to the U.S. to shoot the video and he went alone. Poor guy looked really scared and lonely the whole time which was out of character for him.

I don't get it, really. If Chad Future has that much money, why not shoot these in Korea so the artists he asks to be in his videos are more comfortable? Did you watch the one I linked with the girl from Bestie in it?

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't listened to it myself but just thinking about it makes me cringe

Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    I watched the VIXX TV episode Listo mentioned that had Chad Future on it. It was pretty painful to watch, honestly. He seemed nice enough and he make a small effort to know some Korean phrases but the language barrier was horrible. He also asked Ravi to go to the U.S. to shoot the video and he went alone. Poor guy looked really scared and lonely the whole time which was out of character for him.

I don't get it, really. If Chad Future has that much money, why not shoot these in Korea so the artists he asks to be in his videos are more comfortable? Did you watch the one I linked with the girl from Bestie in it?
    I didn't but I'll go do it. I love UJi but this is just going to be so much Cringe.

And the answer to why he doesn't do it in Korea is because he's a self centered dick pretty much. He might appear nice but from what I've seen of him he doesn't seem like the kind of person to ever think of others. That thought has likely never even occurred to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay watched it, song was much more Uji than Chad so it wasn't half bad, Chads lines still ruined it, and it was clearly an American artist featuring a Kpop artist rather than two Kpop artists like Chad wishes.

For one, he had a line talking about how much money he has. Maybe I can see that coming from the underground hip hop scene in Korea (BHD does that happen in K hip hop?) but in Kpop no but that's almost expected of American Hip Hop songs that are often just one big brag.
    He had another line talking about his good car and then he was standing in front of one of the worst cars I've ever seen, was that like an old buggie or mini or something that isn't in very good condition?

Uji seemed happier than I expected, maybe good at acting? xD Ravi in their collab was noticeably uncomfortable even in the MV.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dok2 loves to brag about how much money he has, but few others seem to do it. He went from extremely poor to finally getting money rolling in after years and years of rapping so I suppose that's why.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Uji made that song decent...still not good though. She actually looked happy to be there.

A bias list for VIXX is hard but Ravi is pretty much my bias there so watching him look THAT uncomfortable in both that MV and the TV episode was pretty awful. Like...couldn't they have at least had one friend/interpreter go with him?

Also, that Chad guy is like....extremely ugly. Oh also forgot to mention, I saw the video because he posted it on the Kpop reddit. Himself. Probably because he knew no one else would have.
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2015-06-13 at 01:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea he's one of those people you just wish would go away but he just won't.

Kpop reddit mod should remove it as not Kpop ;D

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea he's one of those people you just wish would go away but he just won't.

Kpop reddit mod should remove it as not Kpop ;D
    Apparently he markets it as "AKpop" and is trying to make some fusion or something. I would think if the dude had that much money he could use it to take some classes in Korean.

I don't think the mod would remove it, but it got downvoted SO hard it was posted yesterday afternoon and is on the third page today LOL. It's a little irritating though, I have like...Koreaboo, Allkpop, Soompi and stuff followed on Twitter and it seems like I've seen them all do small articles about him releasing this video yesterday.

I can get why people are hating on him, and I'm all for Kpop being more international and not just confined to teeny tiny little S. Korea. Just not like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea agreed. It was something I really wanted too like Will.i.am working with 2NE1 was great and I'd love to see more interaction between American artists and Kpop artists and them promoting in more countries etc but this isn't that this is something I do not want.

He really should learn Korean, I think the fact he hasn't when regular fans like us are considering it and we don't have careers that involve communicating and singing with Kpop idols that it really is just a testament to his self centered attitude.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay according to reddit he is the CEO of a what they called a film company but I went to the link and it seems to be a social media advertising company so now I'm not sure what it is but whatever he's the CEO of something that's why he has so much money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay according to reddit he is the CEO of a what they called a film company but I went to the link and it seems to be a social media advertising company so now I'm not sure what it is but whatever he's the CEO of something that's why he has so much money.
    Clearly he is the future
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    That's such a douchey name ugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah that feature was terrible
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    haha what? dr. pepper was evem better than that shitty song on his album
    Dr. Pepper the drink? I love Dr. Pepper the drink if that's what you mean.

I didn't mean the song was good though, just the fact that the collaboration happened. Same with Akon and Wonder Gilrs, it was great as an exposure opportunity but Chad Future isn't offering any exposure to Uji, it's the other way around in that case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I'm just like, ok, now he's collaborated with someone from NU'EST, Ravi from VIXX, and Uji from Bestie. That's great. It is super bothersome that if I had the means that he had and was able to consider doing what he's trying to do, I'd be taking classes in Korean as soon as I could and he doesn't even seem to bother with it.

Or at the very least, ask Kpop stars who speak more than a handful of English phrases to collaborate. 2ne1 and Will.I.Am might not have been that great but at least CL and Bom are excellent English speakers. Or if you really want the Kpop idol who doesn't speak much English, at least film the stuff in S.Korea and get a translator to help out.

It wasn't until recently that I realized why Kpop idols want to break into the international market so badly. The US has the highest grossing music industry in the world, S. Korea is a very small country, and when they determined the market in S.Korea could be a good thing, they started oversaturating it. The time for boy bands in America has kind of gone by already, but I really think if the American music industry knew how to train "idols" like S.Korea does, it would still do very well here. I mean...British boy bands are still doing well even though NKotB, Backstreet Boys, N'Sync have passed their time.

Can you imagine if S.Korea managed to break through to more of the American market? They'd be way more likely to get out there internationally on world tours and such (and not just trying to go to Japan). At this point in time, I think if more Kpop bands at least did more stuff that international fans can see and enjoy (like web TV shows and such), they'd be more likely to start to break into those other markets. Without stuff like that we're all kind of cut off from them outside of their album releases because we don't get all the fun stuff Korean fans get like fan signs and such.

Right now even the biggest Kpop groups who do get to go on international tours only seem to hit up like...2 or 3 locations per country total before leaving. I know I'm complaining but it's totally depressing considering the size of the US. The chances of me getting to see a Kpop concert are slim unless one year I have money to fly cross country for Kcon or something and people willing to go with me. >.>