10+ Year Old Account

A commentary for a MV? ha that's actually pretty cool I hope they do more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pistol/Listo...this was like the most RANDOM thing in the world to wake up to. I'm pretty sure I laughed awkwardly through the whole thing. WTF?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivelle View Post
    Pistol/Listo...this was like the most RANDOM thing in the world to wake up to. I'm pretty sure I laughed awkwardly through the whole thing. WTF?
    I guess they're running out of ideas for new performance/dance practice videos. It's nice, though. The promotions for MJD might have ended, but the dance versions will NEVER STOP COMMING.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPink View Post
    I guess they're running out of ideas for new performance/dance practice videos. It's nice, though. The promotions for MJD might have ended, but the dance versions will NEVER STOP COMMING.
    It was odd, but I can't complain about them giving fans more and more versions of it. Especially one with some nice HD closeups of each member.

They are still promoting though. They've still been on the music shows and were even on yesterday's Inkigayo.
    I can never figure out if Kyungil's eyes look that noticeable because he has contacts in or if it's just a ton of eyeliner.

Last edited by Rivellana; 2015-06-15 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Sounds great! Can't wait for the MV where I can hear it without all the screaming fans

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Sounds great! Can't wait for the MV where I can hear it without all the screaming fans
    I actually saw that on reddit a couple days ago and thought to myself...man, wtf happened...I liked all their other stuff and this sounds like garbage. Who knows...maybe it'll sound better in the MV. >.>

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, it's a step away from their older songs but sounds great imo.

10+ Year Old Account

[video=youtube;HPkrSuqesLk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPkrSuqesLk[video]
    First time I see K-Tigers with the group they're doing a taekwondo version of, but nice to see they're still doing them!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Red View Post
    First time I see K-Tigers with the group they're doing a taekwondo version of, but nice to see they're still doing them!
    I've honestly never seen them before. Good promotion for both, I suppose?

I got my 1st degree black belt in Shotokan karate (Japanese martial art) when I was 17, and I haven't practiced in soooo long. It's kinda neat to see them incorporating tae kwon do and dance together. Makes me wish I could get back into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose so. K-Tigers videos were pretty popular when they did BTS/EXO taekwondo covers, but that hype has died down a bit I think.

BTS - Boy in Luv
    BTS - Danger

They went all out with the EXO vids

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, I think this was the video that made them popular, and then they released a ton of videos afterwards.

Taeyang - Ringa Linga
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, yeah. I went to their channel, I see they put an EXO Call Me Baby cover up last week, but it's much more "dance cover" than "tae kwon do".

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh, yeah. I went to their channel, I see they put an EXO Call Me Baby cover up last week, but it's much more "dance cover" than "tae kwon do".
    Yeah, I think that's why the hype got lost. Tons of dance covers around, not so many taekwondo versions. The first half of Overdose suffers from that a lot but the ending is really, really cool.

I didn't even know about the CMB cover until I went to link some older ones, back when the ones I linked were released AKP were really quick with writing about it. Don't think they even bothered to write anything about the CMB cover.
    Last edited by BHD; 2015-06-15 at 02:20 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think they even bothered to write anything about the CMB cover.
    I really hope they'll write something up about the collab with HISTORY. Checking comments on it on the 1theK channel and the K-tigers channel, there's comments there like "What's this...a new boy band?". It's like...they've been around for like 3 years now. More exposure to their underrated awesomeness would be good. International fans don't seem to get exposed to much except the biggest groups, unless they're willing to watch awards shows and such.

10+ Year Old Account
    They sure did! http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...might-just-die

Sometimes I think international fans know more about new groups than koreans. Even after Growl's incredible success, some korean celebrities still didn't know who EXO were. They won around 18 music shows with that one ;_;
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    They sure did! http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/...might-just-die

Sometimes I think international fans know more about new groups than koreans. Even after Growl's incredible success, some korean celebrities still didn't know who EXO were. They won around 18 music shows with that one ;_;
    Oh good...I'm glad to see that!

I might be a bit behind on learning it, but I've only recently gathered that most of Korean society really dislikes idols/idol groups and prefer older solo artists for music and such? I was reading comments saying Kpop is only really popular with teenagers there and they really look down on people if they get to their 20s and 30s and still enjoy the music.

I kind of don't get that, since American society at least allows people to have a huge range of musical tastes and it would be strange for someone who liked a certain type of music when they were a teen to just suddenly stop liking it just because they reached a certain age. Besides being in a different language, I don't think Kpop sounds all that different from today's Apop. My mom is in her 50s and likes Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, and Pink and I don't have a problem with that, either.

It seems like some Kpop idols only get really well known in Korea if they're also doing something else that will get them seen, like acting on dramas and such. But you'd think if they were on awards shows and such Koreans would see them more than international fans. I don't know. I guess they must not watch the awards shows much.

10+ Year Old Account
    There still seems to be a lot of prejudice against idols. Automatically thinking they can't act, rap, or are very smart just because they're idols. To be fair when it comes to the first two it's usually the case, but even for those idols it isn't they still have to really work for proving themselves. Maybe people think badly of you for listening to idol music when you get older because of how focused on appearance it is, and ofc anything that gathers lots of the typical "fangirls" has to be looked down upon by others because that's the "cool" thing to do!

idk about watching awards shows, but even if you don't actively follow music shows and such in korea, you're kinda bound to hear the major hits. I actively avoid the swedish pre-eurovision shows but I still hear a lot about who wins whether I want to or not.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Flips and shit!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    There still seems to be a lot of prejudice against idols. Automatically thinking they can't act, rap, or are very smart just because they're idols. To be fair when it comes to the first two it's usually the case, but even for those idols it isn't they still have to really work for proving themselves. Maybe people think badly of you for listening to idol music when you get older because of how focused on appearance it is, and ofc anything that gathers lots of the typical "fangirls" has to be looked down upon by others because that's the "cool" thing to do!

idk about watching awards shows, but even if you don't actively follow music shows and such in korea, you're kinda bound to hear the major hits. I actively avoid the swedish pre-eurovision shows but I still hear a lot about who wins whether I want to or not.
    Yeah I suppose. I'm kind of cut off from a lot of American stuff because I don't have cable TV (we use Amazon Prime, Netflix, and the internet instead) and I don't listen to the radio, just to Kpop. It's still hard to avoid seeing the news and such though if you browse the internet at all, though.

I'm willing to bet the average age of Kpop fans is much higher internationally than in Korea. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm willing to bet the average age of Kpop fans is much higher internationally than in Korea. :P
    I wouldn't bet against you ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    EYK did a video on this subject a while ago Riv you should find it and check it out I think it was maybe a tl;dr or something. They said basically if you don't like Kpop in Korea you probably won't even hear it very often. If you go outside the music you see or hear playing is all solo singer ballads and indie music, and if you go into a coffee shop it's all songs about coffee and if you go to clubs it's all super techno not really much lyric stuff and some western music and MAYBE you'll hear a Kpop song, or sometimes they have kpop nights but yea that's the same here actually there is a club that occasionally does a Kpop night. Things may have changed slightly because their video was maybe 2 years ago or something but yea not as popular as it seems.

Music shows take into account sales I think mostly and maybe votes for some of them? Not sure but fans of Kpop are probably more likely to buy albums than fans of indie musicians or ballads as they probably just like hearing that music around and don't fangirl/boy over them.

That's why in 2013 I think or maybe 2012 everyone was fighting over Exo and Bap I think were the two to win best new artist and then Busker Busker won and all the international fans where just like who? But everyone in Korea voted them pretty much and Simon and Martina said they couldn't go anywhere without hearing their song for like half a year, it was just every where. I listened to it and honestly think it's awful, just puts me to sleep.

Busker Buskers Brad are friends with S&M though, he appeared on their music award shows twice. Once to accept an award and the 2nd year to do a funny skit with the next person that won that award the next year and try and steal it. It was funny, also he's not Korean or even Asian so that's pretty unique. Not sure what he is tbh, like really tanned white? He was a funny guy but Busker Buskers music is awful imo xD Korea disagrees though.

I think maybe attitudes will change over time like a lot of things, Korea seems like a very set in their way kind of country for now but things are changing a lot since it's becoming more international.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I suppose. I'm kind of cut off from a lot of American stuff because I don't have cable TV (we use Amazon Prime, Netflix, and the internet instead) and I don't listen to the radio, just to Kpop. It's still hard to avoid seeing the news and such though if you browse the internet at all, though.

You might be right but I'm not so sure because Kpop does have those Grandpa/Uncle/Ajuma fans that are just like really old retired people and they're going to push the average up a bit Definitely a higher median though.
    I don't think there would be many, if any, international fans in that age range. Maybe I'm wrong on that though. I know I've heard stories from SNSD about them though, Sooyoung has a Grandpa fan that brings her vitamins and tells her to stay healthy and eat better at fan signings a lot which is kind of hilarious. Yoona has a lot of Ajuma fans because they watch her dramas and then met her at events for the drama where she told them about Girls' Generation.